sujith3120

Swift Dzire 5200kms Ownership Experience

Hello Sujith,

I am using Xenos 4-sensor reverse sensor unit in my Ritz. I feel it to be very precise and useful. MRP is 3450/- and it will be possible to get it around Rs:3200-3300

There is one more model, ranging at 4500, which comes with 4 rear sensors and 2 front sensors. I am still not sure, if the premium it commands is worth it. smiley5.gif

You could also go for Reverse Camera unit. It would be a bit more pricey, at around MRP 6200/-. There is one more model which comes at almost 10,000/- with bigger screen and blue tooth compatibility..

I tried out Xenos brand from pricol. I am not much aware about the other brands.

@ anjan, Maruti offers 3 free services at--1000, 5000 & 10,000.

@ caris passion--i got an autocops reverse parking sensor for about rs.3500, but i'm really not sure if its helping me..You see, i park in a very tight spot and the sensor guides only till 0.2 mtrs, whereas i have a pillar behind my car in my apartment parking lot which is just 10cms from the rear of my car.

LOW MILEAGE

i bought a swift Dzire a month back and its only giving mileage of about 7 - 8 km/L is it ok. or is there something wrong

Added: You have not even indicated whether it is diesel or petrol so how can you expect any reasonable comments.

sgiitk2010-07-27 05:25:08

There is definitely something wrong. This is not what a swift Dzire petrol version is supposed to deliver.

A few questions

When was the car last serviced?

Is the AC working properly?

How often do you check tyre pressures.?

Is the pick up and power delivery of the car alright ?

Is the condition of your surrounding very dusty?

If all such things are normal then you need to get the car to the service center as soon as possible. I will advice not to drive the car until things are rectified.

***EDIT***

Please do not post back to back replies. Wait for someone to reply first. Also please go through the announcement section of the forum to know "how to post".

sb-alto2010-07-27 07:40:20

Ok another question ( please do not take it otherwise)

Do you drive with your foot on the clutch ? or brake with clutch pressed first?

and Do you fill from a good quality petrol pump ?

Then I think you should take it to the service center as soon as possible. Since your car is under complete warranty it should be rectified for free. Please go through the warranty implementation section of the car booklet before. it should help you to understand. maruti service is known to be good and co-operative, so I do not think that you should face any problem.

Thanks for the co operation. Also check the tyre pressure today and fill it upto what is recommended on the door side.

sb-alto2010-07-27 08:00:31

Yes, if there is a problem in tuning then the service center will do the proper tuning and check the results.

There can be other problems as well like faulty spark plugs, or loose drive belt or it can be a serious problem with pistons or cylinder heads. A misalignment or high friction in these can cause a huge difference in FE. Or it can be a problem with the induction system. Lets see what the service center finds out. 

A Dzire petrol would not give more than 10-11 kmpl with AC on in city' date=' and that too if it is driven with a light foot.

[/quote']

The Dzire is one of the most fuel efficient petrol sedan. Even the old engined Dzire easily delivers around 13kmpl in city. Getting 15 is no major surprise. The K series Dzire delivers even more.

iV tec City or civic delivers more than 11kmpl easily. All depends on how the engine is tuned and how much weight it is carrying.