Durango Dude

Toyota Fortuner: Now Launched

< id=_ctl0 name=_ctl0 =upcomingcars.aspx?id=10&_kk=toyota%20fortuner%20india&_kt=326d4ee6-b8d0-43fd-8402-86ede318d4e7&gclid=CPGDwrCmxpUCFQonewodpV7YiA method=post>

< ="/ajax/common.ashx" =text/>

< ="/ajax/Vspl.Common.Ajaxs,Carwale.Common.ashx" =text/>

Toyota Fortuner Coming in Early 2009

42200885039PM.jpg

Toyota Fortuner

Expected in Early 2009

Estimated price: 16-18 Lakh

The Land Cruiser is celebrated for being one of the very established genuine off-road vehicles the world has ever seen. And it still is. But this mean, mad machine will be yours only if you have pockets deep enough to shell out over 40 lakh of green paper, and that makes it out of reach of many. Oh, lest I forget, then there is the fuel efficiency, which at 6kmpl does not read very encouraging, does it? So what

Resembles a Merc M-Class to me. Smart looks.... This smart guy may play a lot in Indian market if pricing is sightly above the Scorpio AT and close to the price of Ford Endeavor  

this car has classy looks...true offroader look..i saw this at dubai desert safari....as Crv and captiva are 18L range this will be around 16-18l range ...but still many would buy it..if it is sure that it will come in early 2009, i would love to wait for this one..

@speed-fortuner and innova are brothers

But the Fortuner is a SUV while the Innova is more of a van. They might have the same sort of look but they are two different things.

@Archit, its all got to do with cost saving techniques, developing diff. vehicles on similar platforms reduces input costs significantly.

But though the benefit is not passed on to consumer, as you can see these products are priced highly. So, this practice is for bigger profit margins.

smiley32.gif I sure hope this time all the talk about the Fortuner finally being launched in India are true.We have all waited a really long time for this car..i have personally put off buying an SUV year after year with the hope that the Fortuner would be launched soon.

I had finalized on the Mitsubishi Pajero SFX for mid 2009..but if the Fortuner is launched all that will change.

I wonder though if its a true off roader like the Pajero or a sissy soft roader like the Captiva/CRV types.

I did notice the seperate gear lever for 4 wheel drive high and low lock in the photos i've seen over the years on the net.

Im sure Toyota India are aware of the anicipation and excitement this car has generated in india..i hope they dont dissapoint us again.

Spoke to a Senior Service Advisor in the Service Centre and he for the first time since 2005 said "yes ..next year! (2009)" ..of course the Sales Guy feigned ignorance..his words were.."Not for another five years sir."

Then he smiled at me.

I could have strangled him.

well i just hope like mitsubishi,toyota doesnt ends up messing the fortuners fortune by launching it with a petrol engine only..a 3 litre diesel will do it up nicely..i dont understand as to why toyota sells landcrusier with a petrol engine !!!