Durango Dude

Toyota Fortuner: Now Launched

And i dont know that whether its soft-roader as many members are saying this but i wanna say that when i went for desert safari in Dubai and there were all land cruisers which are best suited in Desert and thus all tour operators operating in desert safari keeps land cruisers but then i saw one guy, he came individually in Fortuner and it was his personal car and he didnt hired that and was very well driving in desert which needs expertise and one who can drive in Dubai's desert are known to be one of the worlds best drivers so i think Fortuner is a Hardcore Off-roader like pajero...

i wrote to Toyota Bharat today with regard to the anticipation surrounding the Fortuner launch..don't really expect a reply...

In any case i intend to write to them EVERYDAY till they do respond smiley22.gif

Oh man, you are BIG BIG fan of this car i think...ya Do write and i think many here should write it so that Toyota brings it here though our mails would not affect much but still they would come to know that Fortuner will be a success in india

@Manuj, Nice resilience!

Let me tell you, I tried this long ago, but NO use at all.

Ive got a better option for you instead, try writing to the Forum bosses ie. FRG or Ed., there's a much higher chance of a quicker response!

Best of luck!

speed2008-10-20 13:27:06

It is confirmed that, the Fortuner is coming. It is an Off-roader. Seven seats. It comes with 3 litre diesel only, which puts out 163bhp and 35kgm of Torque.At present only 5speed manual with 4wd option. 4 speed auto may come in future.  It should retail for 18lac(ACI site). I believe that at this price it'll make a dent in competiton's sales.

Fortuner would have a 3L ~ 160Bhp diesel unit under the hood.

So, my prediction turned out right!

Though my personal view, ~15-16 L was a superior price bracket, maybe CKD has pushed the envelope further, but Im out of the waiting! Would prefer a Scorpio at less than half the price instead.

speed2008-10-20 17:15:07

thanks bs and speed for the support and advice!!

@crazycat..i hope you are sure about the "confirmation"..18 lac seems like a bitter pill to swallow..but will have to if that is the price i guess...

and by the way from where did you get this confirmation? is it a reliable source? im sorry for all the doubts ..but it a case of once bitten twice shy..kindly bear with all the questions.smiley5.gif

Ive got a better option for you instead' date=' try writing to the Forum bosses ie. FRG or Ed., there's a much higher chance of a quicker response!

Best of luck![/quote']

@Manuj, Source is what I advised you to do earlier! ACI all the way!

For more info. visit "autocarindia" website.

speed2008-10-21 09:24:34

if its a true off roader than toyota can demand any price they want cause when honda can outrageously price its soft roader crv than even toyota can...3 l engine sound too good but surely toyota could have offered bit more power than the 163 bhp but at 18 lakhs it holds the potential to wash away the segment !!!

TOYOTA FORTUNER AT LAST!COMING!!!!!!!!!

Source: ACI

The long-awaited Toyota Fortuner is finally making its way to India. The buzz surrounding the Fortuner has been growing over the past few years, but the fact remains that Toyota wasn

I can bet it will be priced above 20lakhs. The outlander was supposed to be priced around 15-16 lakhs but its at 19-21 .So don't get fooled people toyota still is not intrested in our market.

Rssh could be right, Toyota could be taking inspiration from Outlander & God forbid maybe even Montero!

Afterall, this is going to be a diesel SUV, so expecting a price above petrol counterparts is natural!

well i just hope like mitsubishi' date='toyota doesnt ends up messing the fortuners fortune by launching it with a petrol engine only..a 3 litre diesel will do it up nicely..i dont understand as to why toyota sells landcrusier with a petrol engine !!!

[/quote']

guess what !! i got a call from my source at a toyota dealership..

the fortuner is going to be launched in a couple of months!!..but why am i not jumping for joy....coz its going to be with a bloody petrol engine and with a price between 20-22 lacs !! smiley28.gifsmiley35.gif

HAS TOYOTA LOST IT!!

this could be because of the problems they are facing with their D4-D series engines that they give in india in the innova due to fuel quality (all other cars seem to fare well with the same fuel though !)

Well a petrol Suv for 20-22 lacs is overpriced..Now we know that even Outlander and Crv are at that prices only but then we know that fortuner is based on innova platform and even interiors are common like all other toyotas..I would love to have Outlander if Fortuner's price is high and if its petrol..And i think that even Fortuner will not have generous equipments like Outlander

Yes the Innova and Fortuner are based on same IMV platform developed by Toyota to share amoung its mid range suv's and Muv's.

But above 20lks or even in that range a petrol powered motor is still not convincing and this is a huge disappointment as ther were lot of speculations that Fortuner will be around 15lks.