gurdanish

honda jazz

June 2009 launch. Dont expect it to be priced cheaply. I expect it to be priced 6.5lacs-8 lacs for top end. In other markets Jazz is quite expensive.

I think in Thailand, the Jazz sits above the City. So expect a price tag close to 9 lakhs and above.

RAJASTHAN: Get set for more action in the Indian small car market. Encouraged by the lower excise duty on small cars, Japanese carmaker Honda has

decided to prepone the launch of the company's global hit

I think in Thailand' date=' the Jazz sits above the City. So expect a price tag close to 9 lakhs and above.
[/quote']

The Jazz will come with a 1.2 L engine and maybe a 1.3 VTEC or a 1.4 VTEC( as per  ACI  Oct ) .  I dont think it ll be priced at 9 lacs. Yes the New City has given some gap to Jazz but im sure it wont breach the 8 lacs . Even with a Honda badge it cant sell above 8 lacs for a 1.2 or 1.3 l engine. 6.5-8 lacs OTR Max is what i would bet on. Since Honda knows Yaris will come with a 1.4 Diesel in 2010. And yeah Punto s not to be forgotten.

The NDTV C&B show which was shot in the new Rajasthan plant...interestingly Jazz was also lined up besides all other Honda cars but when the presenter came to it, the program was suddenly cut at 2:55 PM and they started showing adverts for the next 5 mins!!!!

Im talking of the re-run on Sunday (yesterday) at 2:55PM
Kinshuk2008-09-29 13:34:03

yea its official ' date=' honda CEO spoke about the launch for June i guess , i have put the transcript above [/quote']

Finally! I've waited years for this one. Sadly, my wife's got other plans if I don't buy a car before next summer.

Well than it is perfect for you!! The Jazz should be out by next summer!! The same thing happened with the Fabia..We waited and waited...and it came 3 years later!

Peak summer is during the months of April/May in Bangalore.

June is the current target according to Honda. This could well become July/August - you never know with these big launches. I just hope they do a soft launch early next year. At least then, I won't sound crazy when I say I'm waiting for the Jazz. smiley4.gif

Jupiter2008-09-30 11:27:57

Jupiter ' date=' exactly the the same situation for me .

Question is can we afford paddle shift model around 8lac on road. [/quote']

The Honda City AT costs about 10.7L in Bangalore. I guess Jazz AT with similar engine and other specs will cost about 9.5L. smiley19.gif

What I suspect is that to keep the price low, Jazz may come only with a 1.2 iVTEC. It will still be around 8L. I don't mind paying 8L for Jazz. It will be lot more spacious and fun to drive than a 1.4 MPI Fabia.

Hi Friends, the small car, Honda Jazz will roll out on Indian roads before June 2009. Infact the launch was not expected so soon but...the company wants to relish a larger piece of the Indian market share and so it has advanced the launch.

I think that's great news for us. Most of us would be awaiting the launch of this small car :)

yes dream the car everyone's awaiting the hatch but i dont think june 2009 is the right time to launch it...i think honda should launch it by jan or feb 2009 cause at the start of new year many people are in the mood to buy a new car !!!

Jupiter ' date=' didnt u see the current ACI issue ? They have wrtitten that jazz will come with both the engines 1.2 and also 1.4.[/quote']

Yes, they did. But they also said the City would have a 1.3 iVTEC option. So what Honda finally comes out with is always a suspense.

I think that's great news for us. Most of us would be awaiting the launch of this small car :)

I don't think that this is really a "small" car. It's going to be as spacious as the City as far as the cabin is concerened. And the boot is going to be comparable to an entry level sedan.