gurdanish

honda jazz

@Csana- Good question about the 1.2 AT. As per news i got 1.5 might come for top end. Honda to is giving Jazz space by pricing ANHC higher. So there are posibilities of 1.5 Jazz. But i dont think AT Jazz will sell in nos. They need to concentrate more on offering features like i20. Im sure Honda to is having tough time in planning for Jazz.

I doubt they will offer features like Hyundai does with the i20, i think they will surely launch it with the 1.2 engine and price it around 6 lacs ex-showroom.

I don't think they will bring it with 1.5 atleast not at the time of launch.

Quote:'The Fabia was chosen for this coveted award for offering a perfect blend of style<Swift has more style>, performance<what performance?>, technology, safety<dual airbag's, ABS, many other's have it> & space offered by no other hatchback on Indian roads'.Unquote. Fabia is an overpriced, underperforming hatch..which has it's claim to fame only coz it's a Skoda. Only thing in it's favor is "Brand Equity".

Quote:'The Fabia was chosen for this coveted award for offering a perfect blend of style<Swift has more style>' date=' performance<what performance?>, technology, safety<dual airbag's, ABS, many other's have it> & space offered by no other hatchback on Indian roads'.Unquote. Fabia is an overpriced, underperforming hatch..which has it's claim to fame only coz it's a Skoda. Only thing in it's favor is "Brand Equity".[/quote']

DD Uncle I hate you I hate you I hate you..

Sob  smiley19.gif Sob smiley19.gif Sobsmiley19.gif

I just loved the Fabia the first time I saw it..wow What a Car I thought... So much better than my Indica... Cool..

Amazing interiors...

Too bad.. Its not powerful enough...

I am feeling so depressed that no one likes the Cute little Fabia...

ATD, the cute little Fabia comes with a very high price. And at that price, it is noisy, less power, less FE and high service costs.

It'll definitely be better than Indica, because Indica is a car from Tata, launched 10 years ago. I agree it is still one of the best hatch, but price makes it bad.

Crazy Cat,

I know and I agree with what you said as well as Durango Dude ( i kinda like DD Uncle)

I am just so unhappy that my love at first sight Fabia is not so good to be critically acclaimed by experts like you lot...smiley19.gif

No Hard Feelings DD Uncle..

Ash

Where are the Jazz spy pics ? was so desperate : smiley6.gif

I guess the guys who posted the pics has sent it to the ACI editorial.Now it will come on the ACI Feb issue in the cover page with title "Exclusive Jazz pics" smiley1.gif

honda jazz. a loveable car. but it will face a strong challenge from i20 Asta

same features same space. & lower price than honda models.

you will find the differnce in MID MAY to MID JUNE when it comes to market

Each car is good in its own respect. Swift is peppy and sporty with its powerful engine, i20 seems to be good. but all magazines are stating that i20 is underpowered. the same was with the case of Fabia when the petrol version was launched. every mags called fabia as underpowered and unrefined. but now, 8 months down the line, not even a single magazine is mentioning "underpowered" or "unrefined", instead all are writing as "refined" and "excellent". i'm a petrol fabia owner since august and geitng a mileage of 12km/l (100% city drive).

i don't understand what some people state as "noisy", there isn't even a small trace of humming when the engine is idle or running and its silky smooth with a juicy short slick gear. its normal that some guys repeat what they hear from what others say and not by what they gain from 1st hand experience. as for number of fabias sold, fabia is a 'niche' product, aimed at a particular category of buyers.

niche products are not mass products. quality do come for a price. an example of the failure of a mass car  maker trying to take on quality car maker can be Honda CR-V vs. Suzuki Grand Vitara. CR-V still rules the segment with its superior, quaity product where was Grand Vitara failed to make any impression. this is due to the fact that most buyers in such segments perceive  Honda to be associated with prestige and class  while Suzuki is associated with economical and 'just about' brand. the buyer in such segments looks out for refined image. Can anyone tell that Honda CR-V (high value, low volume product)is a failure just because they sell less in number? same with the so called 'premium hatches' segment. swift cannot be placed in 'premium hatch' segment. these segments are created by the manufacturers and not by users. niche segments always have an aspirational value attached to it. aspirational value may vary from person to person, but generally, aspirational value is associated more with class and quality of the brand rather than the features. My comment is not to hurt anyone. If apologize if my comments made any negative feelingsmiley1.gif

same features and same space :( i disagree with you ,

i guess Jazz will have i-VTEC 1.4 ltr engine with 100bhp power where as i20 as only 72bhp i guess . Also the the top end jazz is rumored to have semi-automatic transmission with paddle shifts , and everyone knows how easy it is fold the rear seats in Jazz .

May be 1.2ltr jazz may compare well with i20.

@Sreekumar: Long time no S<r>ee; look's like you and the Fabia are hitting it off quiet well. 12 kmpl in city is a phenomenal figure for the Fabia.

nice to see you again DD. my Fabia is going to be 6 months old on 21st. covered about 4050 Kms so far. so you can say that the usage is pretty much low when compared to other userssmiley36.gif it has been a smooth ride so far and most users [1.2 HTP version] around here are reporting an average mileage of around 11.25 km/l. the suspension is holding good as new and the driveability also is outstanding.

jazz launch on schedule :))

NEW DELHI: Japanese car major Honda will continue to cut its India output by over 45 per cent for the next six months in order to prevent

inventory build up amidst the ongoing slowdown in the domestic market.

The company, however, said its planned launch of hatchback Jazz in the Indian market is on schedule. It is also mulling to increase the prices of its products.

"We have already adjusted our productions. Today our inventory level for India is quite appropriate -- two weeks for our own hand and two weeks on dealers' side," Honda Siel Cars India President and CEO Masahiro Takedagawa said.

The company, which is present in India through a joint venture with the Siel Group, has cut its production to 200 cars a day in a single shift since the beginning of this year from the capacity of producing 380 units a day in two shifts, he added.

Asked how long the company plans to continue the production cut, Takedagawa said: "After the market recovers and once we decide to increase production, it takes about two months to go back to full production again. Probably for the next six months, single shift operations will continue."

Due to rising input costs and devaluation of rupee in the international market, the company is planning to increase the prices of its products.

So no 1.4ltr for time being ?

Honda continues to push ahead with plans to launch the Jazz, a premium hatchback car. Trial production has started, Takedagawa said. Its 1.2 litre engine has been tailored to Indian regulations to avail of a 12.5% tax rebate.

http://www.livemint.com/2009/02/22223446/Honda-plans-to-raise-car-price.html

Indian specs for jazz :

info from some other forum :(

jazz 1.2 i- vtec

Camshaft- SOHC

Cylinder Layout- In-line 4

Displacement (cc)- 1198

Fuel Delivery Type- PGM-FI

Fuel type Petrol Layout- Transverse

Maximum power (bhp@ rpm) -89@6000

Maximum torque (Nm @ rpm)- 114 @4900

Number of Cylinders- 4

Bore (mm)- 73

Stroke (mm) -71.58

Valves- 16, 4 per cylinder

Indian specs for jazz :

info from some other forum :(

jazz 1.2 i- vtec

Camshaft- SOHC

Cylinder Layout- In-line 4

Displacement (cc)- 1198

Fuel Delivery Type- PGM-FI

Fuel type Petrol Layout- Transverse

Maximum power (bhp@ rpm) -89@6000

Maximum torque (Nm @ rpm)- 114 @4900

Number of Cylinders- 4

Bore (mm)- 73

Stroke (mm) -71.58

Valves- 16' date=' 4 per cylinder

[/quote']

sorry csnana, it may sound offensive to you, but you should post the source with link or atleast name of the user. give credit to one who deserves.

if i am not wrong, its taken from www.team-bhp.com, specs posted by user named sidindica.