lineshshah

Fancy Registration Numbers

I have seen a vehicle in hyderabad with reg no. AP XX F 0016 written as    
AP XX F16 - the fighter jet...have seen 8045 being written as BOYS.

I've also seen a vehicle elsewhere with the reg no. XX 11 L 1111 written as XX 1111111...

I dont think it's mandatory to put 00 before 16. In fact the registration number issued will not have any zeros before a single, two digit or a three digit no.

Usually we try to get numbers which are easy to remember

7537, 4080, 6020 (Fiat,M800,NHC) but when I bought the Altis, the dealership suggested that as my 'root number' is 1 we should go for something which adds up to 1 - so got 0640 - didn't pay extra!

as requested by driftpunk & out of sheer curiosity, does 0640 mean anything in any script?

Are those VIP nos. auctioned in Maharashtra?

In Karnataka, any selected no. in the running series can be had for 6000 bucks. If you want to have a no. from other series, you have to shell out 25K.

I have booked a Swift ZXI i want to know how to calculate the registrtion number best suited for me as per my name,date of birth.Does any one know have a ready kind of reckoner to calcuate the registration number.

Sanjay, there are many patterns of calculation which people use.

Like my number is MH 02 PA 3742

Some people total up just 3742 i.e the last 4 digits

Some people total up 02 along with 3742

And some people say that every alphabet can be arranged numerically, so they end up totalling along with the numerical equivalents of the alphabets too.

In my case i was always fond of the number 9 in general so opted for that number. I chose to calculate it as 2+3 +7+ 4+2 = 9.

Found this most practical :)

@ sanjay: Its just a number, why are you wasting so much time on it! Plus you will need money to spend on a special number, which is a waste to me, I would use that money for something for my car instead.

5u3zEr02010-02-01 08:20:00