speed

What all did you do today?

Went to Jalan distributors MASS for getting an air filter as the k&n needed cleaning up. Got it for Rs110. Bought a mak dot3 brake oil[250ml] to top up and a delphi ready coolant[500ml] for collant top up. Brake oil was Rs56 and coolant rs50. 

Pictures below:

image025f.jpg

image026hz.jpg

sorry for low quality picturessmiley1.gif

Went to Park Circus area in search of tyres. MRF zvts 145/80 r12s are showing cracks now though the treads are still deep and no sign of wear and tear even at 38672km. Unable to decide whether to change or continue with these sets. Thought of changing to Michelin energy xm+ tubeless but decided against it.

Images

dscn2716.jpg

dscn2715v.jpg

cracks are well visible

Autocar sticker still ok

dscn2706r.jpg

@sb-alto: I suggest that you don't change the tyre in case your going to change your car in the recent future, if your going to drive around for another 2 years I think worthwhile to change the tyres. These are original tyres that came with the car some five and half years ago,though the tread may be deep and there may not be signs of wear, the rubber compound of the tyre degenerates over a period of time.

I went for renewing my driving license. The whole morning was wasted at the RTO South, Kottivakam, Chennai. They open the office at a leisurely 10am and after that process was quick and the smart card machine was acting up so had to wait another 1 hour to get the 'smart card' license and by then it was 12 noon. So have got a license for the next 5 years. I'll be completing 50 years this Jan so from now on it'll be renewal every 5 years.

Durango Dude2010-01-08 08:08:29

Today I transported a chest freezer of 208Litres capacity on my Suzuki Liana Hatchback. It saved me $60 on delivery charges from the white goods dealer just 7Kms away from my house. I cant transport even a 20" conventional TV in the boot of my Yaris sedan. Hatch backs are more useful than sedan. It is useless to pay more money for a stretched butt. jimgeo2010-01-08 09:29:20

@sb-alto: I suggest that you don't change the tyre in case your going to change your car in the recent future' date=' if your going to drive around for another 2 years I think worthwhile to change the tyres. I'll be completing 50 years this Jan so from now on it'll be renewal every 5 years.

[/quote']

First i have decided to change the 2 tyres with maximum cracks, thanks to your advicesmiley1.gif. Will update and let everyone know as soon as i change it. But decided not to upsize tyres.

My best wishes and best compliments for your 50th birthdaysmiley32.gif. I wish you all luck for a peaceful and wonderful life ahead.smiley1.gif.

You still look younger than your age doc.

Though I did not get a chance to meet DD personally but what's evident from the pics, I can certainly second what FRG says!

Lots of good wishes Doc.

Well came back yesterday from Delhi. The train was late by whopping 14hrs and thus reached at 9pm instead of 6am. The A.K. Rajdhani took 8hrs from delhi to mathura from usual 2hrs due to fog. Too much tired, but enjoyed every bit of Auto Expo and when i got bored in train started my camera to see Auto expo pics.

Will post them as soon as possible.

@CB: Thanks, and yes I'm a doctor. @sb-alto: You are in love with your car, go ahead give her a new set of tyre's, the TLC you are lavishing on her shows that you are still not ready to let her go even after five and half year's.Durango Dude2010-01-09 17:10:20

@bluesapphire : Oh thats only a scanned paper sticker that i got from a press owned by my friend. Rs2/sticker. Its not that good and fear of getting washed in rains.smiley1.gif

Went for 165km highway run (up-down) to a relative's place for the day. Drive was awesome though some traffic snarls in the city near airport. Top speed 105kmph only. Kept the car at a steady pace of 70kmph for best FE most of the time.

Images Taken by dad with cellphone.

Way to airport

image027r.jpg

A volvo bus (Airport-Tolygunge)

image029p.jpg

Traffic jam near airport

image033y.jpg

Highway opening road network

image035h.jpg

Clocked 105kmph maximum.

image041s.jpg

Deserted Nano factory @  Singur