speed

What all did you do today?

EDIT

Posting the above missing pictures.

The volvo CRDi bus

image029.jpg

105kmph picture

image041y.jpg

More Nano factory (almost a nano factory)

image045j.jpg

More NH2

image053l.jpg

Todays update

Cleaned my car after yesterday's trip. Cleaning included vacuum cleaning, dashboard and plastic cleaning, washing and underbody cleaning. Could not take photo of the vacuum cleaning process because hands were not free. Used formula1 dashboard cleaner and Sonax underbody cleaner. Very satisfied with the results.

Images

The poor old broken vacuum cleaner,still doing the job.

image058zb.jpg

Dashboard cleaning foam in bucket and white sponge to be used on door handle.

image060j.jpg

Dash and plastic cleaning process

image061b.jpg

Dashboard after cleaning

image062ft.jpg

Car washing with a long pipe under process

image063t.jpg

Underbody cleaning done. Results better than before.

image064h.jpg

The 5 and half years Alto still shining without scratches, dents and repairs

image065o.jpg

Note: Number plate removed to clean the front and rear bumper nicely

Went to PVD office to get my smart card license. Took 3hours to take a photograph and a optical signature. The kolkata office is a mess. Typical Govt office. Lack of discipline and irregular working habits along with dirty buildings makes the process irritating. Kolkata office is issuing smart card for the last 5-6years. I had a 2 years old license which was not smart card because the training school did not provide me with it. I had to change that and got it changed today. Caught some SUVs from Bhutan on the way . The pics are on the link

http://archive.autocarindia.com/autocar_forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6430.

sb-alto2010-01-12 14:32:18

Rotated my tyres today. Spare came in place of front right. Rear left went to front left. Front left to spare. Front right went to rear left. Rear right kept unchanged. 

sb-alto seems you are taking care of your Alto. For me, today I drove around the rain hit city dirtying my Scorpio a lot, before its second service due next week.

Taking advantage of the winter vacation.smiley1.gif. Dedicating myself in looking after my car instead of wasting time.

@Mr A Chatterjee : Hope your car becomes as good as new after the service. Even i am planning to get a SUV this year. May be a scorpio, who knows? have a lot of time to decide though.

16-01-10 Saturday Evening: Marking the end of festivities of Chennai Sangamam, the folk song

and dance show, during the Pongal season is the firework's that set

alight the night sky over Elliot's beach, Besant Nagar, Chennai, for almost 10 mins and

enthralled us all. We tucked into yummy Chicken Biriyani on the beach

as we watched the display; all in all an enjoyable evening for the

whole family and for all the people who watched it. Was lucky to get my

car parked quiet close to the venue.

s6000854.jpg

s6000853u.jpg

s6000850.jpg

Durango Dude2010-01-17 10:09:44

16-01-10 Saturday Evening: Marking the end of festivities of Chennai Sangamam' date=' the folk song and dance show, during the Pongal season is the firework's that set alight the night sky over Elliot's beach, Besant Nagar, Chennai, for almost 10 mins and enthralled us all. We tucked into yummy Chicken Biriyani on the beach as we watched the display; all in all an enjoyable evening for the whole family and for all the people who watched it. Was lucky to get my car parked quiet close to the venue.

[/quote']

DD, even i was there for the full program,

Since yesterday being a Saturday, i missed the Tasty Chicken Biriyani, did u taste the Bombay Fruit Ice cream there, it was so good.

@CB: Chicken Biriyani main course; Bombay fruit Ice cream dessert. I went there at around 9pm and had dinner there. Then the fireworks started watched it and walked around a bit with the family, went home happy in the thought of time well spent. Yeah it was good to be there. 

@CB: Perhaps, ACI should come out with a family song a la "Yaadon Ki Baarat" so we can sing the same, or perhap's we should sing "Naalai Namadey" more suited to TN. Most of the time we were near the food stalls drawn by the aroma and things on offer and there were milling crowd's where we had to huddle to keep the family together; and the fire works were also in the vicinity so it was very convenient to cross the road and the compere very aptly said "Ellarum appadi-ey Thirumbi vutkarunga, vaanavedikai aarambika poguthu" so with Biriyani in hand we just turned around and watched the firework's.

Changed my headlamps to the spare set of Halonix 60/55 and got headlamp levelled. Will buy a Mico relay and 100/90w philips rally today.

Also rearranged and piled all AC magazines and other Car Mags in my shelf.

My old lamps

dscn2724.jpg

The magazines

dscn2698d.jpg

Thanks FRG, yeah some or the other work took the better of me.

The trip was fun, though im not much of a photo guy but luckily the ones accompnying me clicked some. Will post as soon as i get from them.

Did one of the most unenviable and mundane and thankless things on earth, got my accounts onto Excel for the auditor. God, I'm in a foul mood.

@speed: Your cheetah seems to be doing the 'short period dash speed' thing, boy, you must have returned with 'recharged batteries'.

Durango Dude2010-01-27 16:43:36

@BF: No Bornfree, I free lance, these are my personal account's, alway's gives me the nightmare's, any number of times I do it. My CA is actually a good guy, but when ever I get a call from him, my feeling is: there goes; that one call is enough to ruin a day. I think this feeling is shared by many. 

Oh yeah same here too! Our CA has been with us for over 4 decades but now his son looks after the matters & he has a bad habbit of doing things on the last day. So, the day he decides to do business, our day is ruined!

Incidently today we had a date in the High-Court, again due to the negligent duties of the CA!smiley7.gif