speed

What all did you do today?

@cyrus: d nxt time i am going to see her is after my exams :(, will only be able to get day pics then.

@anjan: thank you, feels great to be back.

@durango: thanks [b[dude smiley2.gif. to be honest there is a picture of mine pointing to the sky, but not like saturday night fever smiley36.gif

Wanted to share some images that I have caught in the recent days. Pictures are not indicating anything. Just for fun. smiley1.gif

BMW 6 series near my home :

image001lw.jpg

Michelin tyres in a Volvo bus :

image007cer.jpg

Volvo is Euro 3 , and got two fuel tanks.

image009o.jpg

Volvo uses a CRDi engine

image010bu.jpg

LED tail lamps in a Volvo bus ( only the brake lamp)

image013yl.jpg

Projector headlamp (one) in headlamp setup.. No2 from left

image014xh.jpg

Cocpit is driver focused and good

image015.jpg

I am using 60/55w lamps again. Low beam1

image058g.jpg

High beam

image059v.jpg

Some remote control semi scale models in a shop :

Cars include, ferrari , hummer H2, Merc SLK, mini cooper, Nano, etc etc

image068c.jpg

image069b.jpg

image070rz.jpg

image071x.jpg

Yesterday I removed the music system and its surround vents in my i20 just to have a deekho and it was really tiresome .Actually I wanted to remove the red LED lightings ofsome buttons in music system and replace with blue or white ones but I think it requires lots of patience so will wait for some time .

Okay so the monsoon is arriving in 2 weeks so we have planned for seat cover  for the car with a modest budget of 8k max ,will be looking for covers in lagminton road and decide .Any suggestion .

Also I will add some extra foaming because the i20's seat are really hard especially in center .

Well these days i am busy with my trip planning & its preparations. Finally the day has come i.e 20th may and i am leaving for Ahmedabad tomorrow & then directly to Los Angeles.

Will have to take off from this lovely forum for 25days till i return.

Bye guys, have fun...hope to see lots of Auto news & some new products.

Thanks SB & BF for wishes.

@SB, yup will shop a lot, lets see what in store for mesmiley1.gif

A tip BS' date=' most hotels where you would stay in U.S. are WiFi'ed. So, you can still be very much in touch![/quote']   smiley1.gif

Well yes i know, still the schedule is hectic & i dont know when i can do that, still can read few posts.

If there are some PC's on cruise with internet, i can get some time there...

@Kinshuk I know that I always read review on it before buying an e product.

Guy exactly 1 yrs from today I bought my lappy and I knew the battery was almost dead only 20000 was left from 48000mWh so today I opened the laptop and say you need battery replacemnt .I was like agrrrr do they do this on purpose  killed battery on the anavirsery.

If every thing goes well I'll be off to Kuala Lumpur and Singapore for a week starting 22nd/23rd, May...but Cox and Kings is making me anxious with their delays in getting the Singapore visa and tickets. Now they say the ticket's and visa will be available only on the 20th or 21st, with just a day to depart. This was not a hurried planned vacation...I had already paid an advance on 17-4-2010 and paid up the full amount on 3-5-10, they have been dilly dallying ever since. Yesterday paid them a visit and gave them a piece of my mind and also have emailed their principals in Mumbai. Let's see what happens...hope they don't ditch me.

Guys, a query is there...Someone from US told me that Indian chargers/adaptors wont work in USA, is this true. I dont believe this but there is some power supply difference in US & hence the trouble.

Please confirm this to me, if this is true i am gonna be in big trouble, imagine a trip without Handycam/Camera/Mobile.

yea

it is true!

but you can find adapters for your plugs' date=' though costly but very useful![/quote'] By adapter do you mean by convertor?

Well i have those convertor, those are for change in the pattern of plugs(like we have round & many countries have rectangle tips). I have heard that there adapters are of different volts/power & here they are different.

@BS: Our voltage is 220-240 whereas in the US it's 110v so you will require a step down transformer for our electrical appliances to work. If you don't use the step down transformer your charger's will blow a fuse and not work. These things are available in any good electronics shop.

Converters can be dodgy expect for things like heaters. Most adapters are 'universal' hence Ok from 100-250V. Check. If so you just need a socket adapter.

Laptop chargers are pretty much always universal and only need a socket adapter. Although this is not true for all electronics. I remember blowing up a phone and a Nintendo game I got from Japan. I was only 8 or 9 though.

Typos corrected: Mod

sgiitk2010-05-19 09:59:32

Oh, what I would do to get to stay at home.

Work is depressing. Most of my work is done in the 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours at the end of the day. The remaining time I am just forced to sit here and do nothing. Its sad that even being the boss does not sometimes allow you to leave office.

Anyways, I plan to finally watch Iron Man 2 today. I'm afraid it might just be taken down tomorrow when new releases come out.