speed

What all did you do today?

Some how I always feel that spark was in a segment competing the alto and not santro ,wagonr etc because of the small outer dimensions and smallish boot ,but interior space is amazing .

Yes, the spark is a proper family car.
The alto is best for singles as ACI says.

Note from Mod: Enough of off-topic discussion. We've been witnessing members(including Recognized) starting off ir-relevant discussion in most topics. This is not the right practice & must be stopped before we decide to take action against erring members.
BornFree2010-07-05 08:09:39

My car's battery died on me in the evening. I was getting petrol filled and after I was done, when I tried to start the car, it wouldn't start. After I pushed the car to a safe corner not blocking anyone elses way, I thought about going to the adjacent Maruti ASS centre and borrowing jump cables and getting the car started. Sadly the centre was closed. Mom was with me. I called a friend, dropped mom back home and then started running around trying to find jump cables.

Eventually I found a mechanic a couple of kms from where the petrol pump was and took him with me to get it working. The man instead of using jump cables picked up a battery in his hands, put it on top of my battery upside down and asked me to start. The car started and everything was fine again.

Whats interesting is that he held the other battery in his hands. Is that safe?

My car's battery died on me in the evening. I was getting petrol filled and after I was done' date=' when I tried to start the car, it wouldn't start. After I pushed the car to a safe corner not blocking anyone elses way, I thought about going to the adjacent Maruti ASS centre and borrowing jump cables and getting the car started. Sadly the centre was closed. Mom was with me. I called a friend, dropped mom back home and then started running around trying to find jump cables.

?

Eventually I found a mechanic a couple of kms from where the petrol pump was and took him with me to get it working. The man instead of using jump cables picked up a battery in his hands, put it on top of my battery upside down and asked me to start. The car started and everything was fine again.

?

Whats interesting is that he held the other battery in his hands. Is that safe?
[/quote']

I had this exact problem. Also the same situation and place. My mom started the car but it just wont. So luckily, in my case, there was a garage just a footsteps away and they had jump cables. But when they saw my car they were like, it is difficult to jump start a Civic. I was like who told him that? he was like from past experiences he had learned that!   smiley36.gif So later one of the staff of the pump at which my car was stuck took their car out and then jump started my car. But as soon as the car got running, my mom went straight to Honda A.S.S and got the battery changed.

Putting the battery upside down is not recommended. Probably he thinks that SMF batteries are fully sealed. I understand that jumper cables are about Rs.800. I intend to get a set soon, as both cars are ATs and cannot be push started! For about 10k you can get fancier stuff, with batteries, etc.

I got the petrol pump people to help me try push start also but it just wouldnt work.

Now I am sort of certain that this car's days are numbered in the Sethi household. It is developing quite a few small niggling issues.

Probably the battery has given up its ghost. How old is the battery? I think you have gotten tired of the NHC, more than anything else. It happens to all of us. smiley2.gif

Come to think of it, my cars battery is 4.5 years old and I'm always on the look out for a die out; no signs so far. Keeping fingers crossed.

@DD Even though there are tiny issues like the driver side power window sticking sometimes, some interior plastic wearing off, boot key lock rusting I think the part about me being bored of it is acctually true. It was never an exciting car anyways. Lets see if and when this car is replaced.

@Winner Ive had it for 5.5 years and I'm not selling it just as yet. Maybe in a few months.
asethi9192010-07-09 08:04:01

@Cyrus: I can make a fair guess. There must have been a "B" segment shoot out with Micra now in the fray. And of course with the monsoons on a good share of mud plugging, thrown in. Although, wading: you must have enough of it getting to and from work. Mumbai becomes something like the Bangkok floating market during the monsoon season. May be you can do a shoot out of best suited 'boats' for Mumbai roads, this monsoon season.

Went with dad to 1st Choice and 2 other Used car showrooms.

Interesting finds -

1. Scorpio 2006 Slx for 6lakh I loved it.

2. Aveo 2006 3.5 lakh, Dad loves the price, and wants to buy one.

3. NHC ZX 2006 5.5 lakh Topend Biege Interiors - Gonna pester dad until he buys it.

On the way back, I bought WhatCar from a car-to-car dealer at a traffic signal.

Now I'm going to Mayyas in Jayanagar for a sumptuous meal from silver thalis!!!

I went to the car spa. Got a 3 step polishing done and nano /anti glare coating on windscreen. Cost 3500 + 2 free steam washes complimentary. Life of treatment 8 months. Been instructed not to wash it for 3 days and no dusting required. Fully satisfied by the result.

4780435784_181554a5b1_m.jpg

Kinshuk2010-07-10 17:35:52

So, here is something that I have spent so much time searching on youtube. I guess it was worth my hardwork. I cant believe people can actually achieve this-much high level of integration, collaboration and synchronization. Man, watch this video and then think again.

Drifty!