speed

What all did you do today?

Today did a cleaning job on my 1955 Landmaster.The wiper-body junction was facilitating entry of droplets of water

into the drivers cabin.Had got them sealed from outside earlier. The

right side was more leaky but has now become faultless.However the left

one was still erring and so gave a good M seal wet treatment from its inside

(from within the driver's cabin). Will have to wait and watch the

effect. The open glovebox on the dashboard used to get wet with

raindrops- the apt song would be "raindrops keep falling (not) on my

head (but through the car dash)" by B.J. Thomas (1969). I have kept a

small tin to accommodate the water (if any) and lets see the results!

dsc05564e.jpg

The right

dsc05565k.jpg

The left

dsc04265c.jpg

And the car!

@ A Sethi: I guess you forgot what you ate, or the food must have been bad so the belly dancing was a distraction to stop you from concentrating on your food.

@ Driftpunk: That guy doing the Bhangra !?! must have imagined he was on a 'rodeo'.

@Anjan: BYJ 276 always brings back memories of the old Mark IV we had, in which I learnt to drive.

@Drifty - Fantastic!! Has to be one of the best bhangra performances Ive ever seen.

@Anjan - The car looks fantastic. Those cant be the original wipers. If they are, I am suprised to see no rust.

@DD Believe me, it would not have bothered me one bit had the food been bad. It would still have been worth it to see that performancesmiley2.gif.

Was up late for the finals last night. Still had to crawl out of bed by 8.30am to get to work. Have a bit of a headache now.
asethi9192010-07-12 06:03:59

?

Was up late for the finals last night. Still had to crawl out of bed by 8.30am to get to work. Have a bit of a headache now.

same here. i have a headache here. now im going for a nap. But it was worth staying up late since Spain won! smiley32.gif

Went to school today.

Got home and sleep.

Good thing, I have no classes tomorrow.

It gets really tiring when there's a lot of things to do in school.

And now.. browsing the net. :)

Dr Nishu thanks for liking the car.Some more pictures here.

DD thanks -but for the side valve BMC engine in the Landmaster,the feel while driving the older 1489 cc petrol Ambassador and Landmaster are nearly the same.

asethi919 thanks. The wiper baldes have been changed but the wipers are indeed original. The grille and bumpers have the original 1955 chrome plating but as you will see there is no rust and even no likelihood of rust if kept well.All body panels and these fittings were imported from U.K. by HM then and hence the quality.

rssh the car has run more than 100.000 miles (its miles and not kms) but maybe I will need to do some piston changing de carbonising and valve grinding to beef up the engine. But it will run even if these are not done immediately.

dsc04763b.jpg

dsc04764ed.jpg

The dash of the car

dsc04970w.jpg

All ready to go

dsc04267g.jpg

On the move

anjan_c20072010-07-15 18:33:55

Ah ! this car is so well maintained till now. Hats off to you Sir. What an asset. smiley20.gif

The area around the dials have quite a bit of detailing and looks nice and new.

BTW I have that same steering wheel cover in my Alto. smiley1.gif

I love the speed dial. Its super retro and super cool.

I will repeat myself. Would be great to have the resources and knowledge required to possess something like this.

@Anjan If you dont mind me asking, how much is this car worth considering it is in excellent condition?

Just read some terrible news in the papers. Kake Da Hotel has shut down. For those not from Delhi, Kake's is a restraunt/dhaba in the middle of the city's heart in CP. It was established in 1931 and is a very popular landmark in Delhi. I hope its back soon. Sigh!

kakedahotel1.jpg

Went to school today.

Got home and sleep.

Good thing' date=' I have no classes tomorrow.

It gets really tiring when there's a lot of things to do in school.

And now.. browsing the net. :)[/quote']

Same here Dude!

Though I love school, sometimes it sucks real hard after a tiring day.

Yesterday got back to posting at ACi again, few days was busy with some work & all back-log due to my long US trip & then though i read all the threads regularly but was not in mood to be regular for few days.

Just selecting some pics of my trip to be posted here. Expect it in a day or 2.

Some work is going on at my house, and that breaker used for bathroom renovation is really breaking my head...

Now will be going to my construction site.

Yesterday got back to posting at ACi again' date=' few days was busy with some work & all back-log due to my long US trip & then though i read all the threads regularly but was not in mood to be regular for few days.

Just selecting some pics of my trip to be posted here. Expect it in a day or 2.

Some work is going on at my house, and that breaker used for bathroom renovation is really breaking my head...

Now will be going to my construction site.[/quote']

Great to have you back!

20100722_170930_kirpan.jpg

Deg Teg Fateh

Its a Victorinox product, actual size is pretty large. Will post comparitive pics. later.

Specs: Handle size - 5 inch, Blade size - 7.2 inch. With Gold plated edges.
BornFree2010-07-22 17:16:56