speed

What all did you do today?

'The Maruti Story' by R.C.Bhargava.

image160.jpg

Bought this Masterpiece of the Saga of Indian Automotive History today of MUL(Maruti Udyog Ltd)....

& also seen at the Book Store, the Auto Bild magazine featuring Tata Nano's successful journey to Leh-Ladakh reigon.smiley20.gif

Driven Hyundai Elantra CRDi yesterday night at 12 O'Clock but sedately at around 60-70kmph, because of its Recently Overhauled engine.

Engine was Pretty Noisy, Ride-Handling & Comfort was Excellent.

O.T: All the way while driving Elantra, my mind was Recalling Durando Dude & his Elantra talks & I've confirmed/felt all of its qualities, he've quoted at this ACI forum. smiley32.gif
dr_nishu2010-08-07 10:23:35

@Nishu: Elantra CRDI has a pretty refined engine; you sometimes are hard put to tell whether it's a diesel or petrol when it passes by. It is noisy coz it's been recently overhauled I guess. With hardly any lag it is very driveable. Though I have a petrol, I TDed the diesel twice five years ago.

@DD:

It was Overhauled just 2 days back & It was much noisy at the starting only while after 2-3kms It got Relatively much Silent than before.

But loved the way it Rides & Handles with 100% Excellent Bonnet visibilty from Driver's Seat.

Equally appreciate your views sir.. smiley20.gif  

Elantra was a nice car with some nice features & comfort but its launch timing, unexciting looks & Hyundai tag were behind its flop show. I guess it was the only CRDi in its segment with a nice price tag of around 12lakhs.

@Nishu, are you sure that it handled well as Hyundai's are never a good handler atleast when the Elantra was launch & even till today although they have decent ride & comfort.

Yday I found an alternative to iOS4 for my iPhone 2G (iPhone 2G is not compatible with iOS4!) so just installed it. It was perfect until... the phone just froze on the startup apple logo screen. Now I am reinsalling the old version and trying to update the current firmware from 3.1.2 to 3.1.3.

Believe me, buying was easier than a cd but selecting was tough. One has to look out for many things while selecting a Gun.

"The heavens would roar if my Gun were to speak"!

Today was routine but yesterday I Day was different for me. There was the Central India Vintage Automotive Association (CIVAA) Independence Day run in which about 40 cars and 20 bikes/scooters participated including my Landmaster.

There were enthusiastic crowds at the flag-off venue

(M/s Arun Automobiles, Khamla Square, Nagpur) and all along the route.

The entries just poured in and the tiniest bikes/ scooters to the

mightiest 1942 Chevrolet bus and the almighty 1932 Rolls Royce Phantom II

were all there.The earliest CIVAA calculations (during our meetings) of

about 35 participants in the first place was quite conservative and

nearly 60 participants came for the run.

There were the Lambrettas, Bullets, Ariels,Matchless',AJS", a Harley Davidson of

1922 and many more older vintage and classic bikes and scooters.

Among the cars were the 1932 Rolls,1957 Chevrolet Belair (steered by

Shahrukh Cassad),1932 Chrysler,1936 Ford, 1966 Dodge Dart, a 1967

Chevrolet Chevelle,a Chevrolet Malibu,a mid 1950's Dodge Kingsway,Triumph, 1966 Morris

Oxford,two Volkswagen Beetles, FOUR Landmasters,FOUR WWII Willys/Ford jeeps, a 1972 Kaiser jeep, a 1952 Hindustan 14 (Morris MO Series) and many more.

The run started at 12.30 pm and ended at 3.30 pm at the starting

point.The route criss crossed through the ORANGE CITY covering the west,

central, north, east and southern parts.

My Landmaster's engine was roaring like a lioness right since morning and I was sure that she will do the run coolly. She endured the run very well with her lively engine at age 55 ! The traffic was unusually dense in the Orange City, being

Independence Day.The brakes did their job only too well and the start

stop traffic was tackled with ease.(Touchwood).

anjan_c20072010-08-16 15:51:03

@sb-alto

amplifier , if u like this song u might want to check out his other tracks

few cars at display at dealer where i purchase my cars from

dodge SUV

photo0009x.jpg

C220 cdi td'ed

img00489201008052229.jpg

Audi A6 2.7 tdi td'ed

img00502201008161528.jpg

Audi interior

img00503201008161531.jpg

Next acquisition

img00504201008161747.jpg

Bmw 320D bought

img00499201008151828.jpg

Today was rather busy, morning had a function to attend in a maze of an area of Chennai called West Mambalam; faint drizzle and chocablock traffic, I patted my self on the back for coming home unscathed. Then started to pour cats and dogs and went for a drive on the ECR to Mayajaal to watch 'Inception' on my son's recommendation; dunno what was more exciting the drive or the movie. Must say Hyundai has come of age: Di Caprio drives a Genesis Sedan in one of his dreams. Don't be surprised if a Genesis coupe features in the next Bond flick.

Sold my 2009 oct Ritz VDI for 5, took the token today , the buyer wanted time for Loan.

Now i am searching for a New gaadi, Micra or Polo, the earliest i am getting a Polo tdi is by 15 days and i can't wait that longer. Might go for Micra , lets see now

Micra is a decent car and would be great to get a review of the same from an experienced ACI forum member.

Also, I am wondering how long will the Micra last with you. If its impressive you might just keep it for more than a yearsmiley36.gif.
asethi9192010-08-31 09:15:38

smiley1.gif i prefer to sell the car if i get the right price , lost 45k in Rirtz in a year not bad at.

Ahem dealer told me Micra di-gel available , couldn't believe it , will check it out first and get back to u guys