speed

What all did you do today?

ah the good ol' days. enjoying reading all the threads and replies. Actually holidays are on for 2 and half months. So just trying to find to something new to do everyday. Y'day, I had to go to the hospital in emergency because my aunt had fallen off from the counter of the kitchen. she had climbed the counter to keep some stuff and she slipped. she fell on her head and got 9 stitches. she is feeling weak now but much better. Otherwise whole day has gone lazily.

Well,feeling very heavy and light too at the same time.Spent last 14 hours on the steering wheel and now everything is looking like its running at 100 kph.Won a bet of 5000 rs against my friend.The bet was to cover the route from Ajmer to Meerut within 9 hours(his record-Honda Accord)and I did the same in just 8 hours and 10 minutes(Thanks to the Laura TSi)now counting the cash...smiley36.gif and praising the breath taking abilities of my Laura which I discovered yesterday night.

@Sarabjeet:-

Then your professors would have been answering you only one way,the old and tried and tested method of professors-"We will discuss it in NEXT LECTURE,sadly,the 'Next lecture' never comes. smiley2.gif

@Golf:
Hats-off to you' date='first kill and then try to make the victim chill[/quote']

Ha ha.I never thought my post would make such a impact on you Vipul.It was a true revelation for me.

In my school and UG days( even now) I disliked copying and recieving extra marks due to error in totalling was a no no for me so much so even if there is one extra mark  in my answer script I would ask the concerened teacher who checked my question paper to correct the mistake in totalling.

During my UG/school  days I didn't show my paper even to my collegue or help him with question in question apper - such a honesty makes anyone wonder Am I just bluffing or is it fact - I am proud to say it is fact.

@Sarabjeet:-
Then your professors would have been answering you only one way' date='the old and tried and tested method of professors-"We will discuss it in NEXT LECTURE,sadly,the 'Next lecture' never comes. smiley2.gif [/quote']

Yes but prof's where glad when i didn't show up for lectures. Even with low attendence( 15% - 25%) my name featured only once in the black-list in 3 years

@Sarabjeet:

That's great,I was detained from my sessional exams only because I had 54% attendence.I think from today onwards I too need to give nightmares to professors...

Today Laura is going for her service,uneven wear has been observed on front and rear wheels of left hand side of the car and car seems to run on the left hand side by itself,I am waiting for Skoda guys to come and take the car...

today was a active day. i got up at 9. went to a puja at 11:00 and it lasted  till 12:30. after that, i went for cricket with friends and scored a good 74 off 50 balls. good day today.

today was a active day. i got up at 9. went to a puja at 11:00 and it lasted? till 12:30. after that' date=' i went for cricket with friends and scored a good 74 off 50 balls. good day today.[/quote']

smiley32.gif Congrats, on your man of the match effort, Paul Velthaty. smiley2.gif

today was a active day. i got up at 9. went to a puja at 11:00 and it lasted  till 12:30. after that' date=' i went for cricket with friends and scored a good 74 off 50 balls. good day today.[/quote']

smiley32.gif Congrats, on your man of the match effort, Paul Velthaty. smiley2.gif

eew dude, u called me valthaty? smiley11.gif i was thinking on the lines of Viru or somthing. haha smiley32.gif

@saabjeet is probably in a place like Oxbridge! Attendance not compulsory, and classes are taken as a harmless adjunct to the serious business of learning. However, if you mess up your periodic essay and/or discussion with your tutor God help you.

I do not insist on attendance, but then if you fail, do not come to me for mercy.

I do not insist on attendance' date=' but then if you fail, do not come to me for mercy.[/quote']

Such 'subtleties' may work in a premier institute like IIT where you get the creme de la creme, but else where it will lead to appalling results. I know of some private colleges in Chennai keep the students "living on the edge"; I don't blame them; they are worse than secondary schools when it comes to attendance and grades in 'cycle tests'; where the prerequisite to getting the hall ticket for the semester exams is clearing your cycle test papers. Even then student's don't take their alma mater seriously.

I do not insist on attendance' date=' but then if you fail, do not come to me for mercy.
[/quote']

@sgiitk - Rightly said Sir.But isn't 75% attendance compulsory in IITs necessary to write exams.

Sorry for asking you this sgiitk Sir I thought you were in non acdemic section but after reading your previous post may I ask which subject do you teach - Is it for UG or PG both.Again Sorry If  I have crossed the line. GOLF2011-06-15 10:06:22

@saabjeet is probably in a place like Oxbridge! Attendance not compulsory' date=' and classes are taken as a harmless adjunct to the serious business of learning. However, if you mess up your periodic essay and/or discussion with your tutor God help you.

I do not insist on attendance, but then if you fail, do not come to me for mercy.
[/quote']

Nah actually i was lucky to have good and Understanding prof's. Most of them were corporates and believed in results and talent than attendence. We had presentations each week so they new which student stands where.

Infact our prof's always said if you are just present physically its better you take a break and revive yourself.

We even had lectures in canteen sometimes. Those were the best days smiley1.gif

Infact Cyrus and me shared a faculty Geeta ma'am. It would be nice if he also shares his experience.smiley2.gif
sarabjeet2011-06-15 17:09:05

I do not insist on attendance' date=' but then if you fail, do not come to me for mercy.[/quote']

The most lethal and effective weapon of the teachers,its a trap in which most students are trapped.But I have never given my teacher any chance to get me trapped in it.Just keep your attendance normal(60%),have a proper behavior,be attentive and assignments must be done in time..REST THE LIFE IS MINE AND IS QUITE HASSLE FREE AND COMFORTABLE...

SGIITK SIR MAY BE KNOWING IT FAR BETTER THAN ME,because he has been seeing even the engineers of double the age of us getting passed out in front of him.

I bet not many of you remember me.
The famous "Superb one liners author" as we most remember' date=' start showering youor comments.[/quote']

You are the only guy who remembers me.

today was a active day. i got up at 9. went to a puja at 11:00 and it lasted till 12:30. after that' date='[/quote']
Congrats, on your man of the match effort, Paul Velthaty. smiley2.gif
eew dude, u called me valthaty?

Wasnt Velthaty the guy who got the Passat?
BornFree2011-06-15 17:39:52

On way to office in the morning, two colleagues were discussing the harmful effects of cell phones. The radiation and stuff. I was wondering about the exposure and magnitude of the radiation. How harmful is it? And does keeping your mobile phone in a leather cover give any kind of shielding (to any small extent) ?

. How harmful is it? And does keeping your mobile phone in a leather cover give any kind of shielding (to any small extent) ?

If you want sheilding get a case made of lead - I am not joking serious.

Also note all mobile phones come with SAR - booklet it gives you required information about  radiation from your handset.

Safety tips -

• use handsfree not bluetooth handsfree
  • Avoid speaking in your mobile for hours together instead use landline not even Tata Indicom or reliance WLL
  • switch of mobile when not in use
  • choose a network in which has  strong signal - Strong signal = less radiation and vice versa
  • keep your mobile switched off  when not in use
  • Avoid keeping your phone in pant pockets