speed

What all did you do today?

My Innova got a battery transplant after just 3 years of service,but it had took some really hard beating and the load of additional electronics(6 fog lamps,two bass tubes,HIDs,beacon,hooter) that were installed on the car also shortened her life,I think so.

Today father was not feeling well,consulted the doctor and doctor told me that "he needs to be admitted to the hospital as he is suffering from SEVERE VIRAL FEVER".Whole day passed in the hospital and now again have to go there for night duty too(Came home to get food for myself and some secret food for him too,because hospital does not allow the likes of my father to be eaten there... smiley2.gif ).TSiVipul2011-06-16 15:41:47

@Vignesh:

My father 'Mr A.P Singh' was the "VARISHTHA ADHYAKSH" of BJP here in Meerut' date='so nothing was banned on Innova reg. no. UP 15 AA 1111.[/quote']

Wish your father a very speedy recovery Vipul. Actually, when a family member is hospitalised, the whole family is disturbed and so also the home schedules get badly upset.

@Anjan:

Thanks for your wish,actually this is something I really need now.There are a lot of relatives visiting here now.I can't understand why they visit when they know he is ill.I have already had quarrel with them for them visiting hospital.They can visit my house after he is well.

Actually there is a lot of tension now,and since my father is my only family member,so I can't allow even the God to harm him.

Have to go back to hospital at 11:30 for whole night and get some more medicines too.

Exhaustively driven one of myfriend's newly bought Fiat Punto 1.3 MJD Active yesterday.

@TSiVipul:

Wishing your Dad a speedy recovery. Since your Dad is suffering from Severe Viral Fever so you must try to avoid Heavy food stuffs & Milk products for him. Only give Dal, soup, tea or Mix fruit juice to him, if he can take.

[quote=winner48]You are the only guy who remembers me.

Do count me too, dude.

So you're back to ACI, thanks to your vacation(IMHO). 
dr_nishu2011-06-16 20:19:18

I do not insist on attendance' date=' but then if you fail, do not come to me for mercy.[/quote']

Such 'subtleties' may work in a premier institute like IIT where you get the creme de la creme, but else where it will lead to appalling results.

Agreed 100%. Only some (about 10%) of my colleagues actually announce it. Many colleagues face the same apathy. I am fortunate to still have 80%+ attendance is my course.

In one UG Core course, they were missing classes, were warned, and did very badly in the mid-sems. The instructor (incidentally a PGM holder and reputedly one of the best teachers in IIT) get the Dean to send letters to their homes about poor attendance and performance.  80+ out of 150 failed. All hell broke loose when the result was released. After all passing is our birthright!

If you come to the class and fail then it may be that the subject/exam is too tough. If you do not attend then no excuses!

Busy since yesterday, setting up my PC Upgrade, 1TB, i5-quad core, 4 GB. Goes like lightening. Will take today and maybe tomorrow.

sgiitk2011-06-17 04:28:03

I think people run out of mind too if they are out of health.The quote seems true to me from yesterday night"A HEALTHY MIND RESTS IN A HEALTHY BODY".

At night about 12,my father woke up and asked me to get for him a chocobar(actually he is fond of eating it).After that I had a bitter argument with him and nurse came to warn us to keep silent.. smiley17.gif.then everything was okay,I was not sleeping and my father saying "Bas beta yehi din dekhna tha,ki main beemaar hun aur tu meri baat nahi maanta".Now how to teach him?

Whole night passed sleepless and now going to sleep.

There is a lot of tension,there is no sign of recovery in father even after about 18 hours of admittance.Doctor declared two more tests.TSiVipul2011-06-17 04:38:53

An episode I'd like to share; to be absolutely sure that the battery had conked off and nothing else was wrong, I called up the local Hyundai On Road service the person came and did a thorough check and jump started the car and checked the battery, too. Then he did one thing that made me extremely suspicious: he calls up a battery dealer and asks him also to come and have a look; without asking my consent. The battery guy also came and did another check and said the battery had conked off as it was five and a half years old. Then I get call quoting Rs.9300 for the battery and after discounting the buy back of old battery he quotes Rs.8300, and then the Hyundai mech also calls me and asks if I had taken the battery from the man he had recommended. I said I was giving it a thought, as the car was parked at home (thank God for that). I then called up the Exide call centre who put my call though to the main distributor who then quoted a price of just Rs.6885 for the Exide Matrix, after discounting Rs.300 for the old battery. People are there round the corner to take you for a ride, better beware of "recommendation".

"DD; everybody is out to fleece you. I never go to the car dealer for tyres or battery. Here it was a dead battery, but I will just add a quick test to do.

I get all the batteries which have been changed when the fault was elsewhere, I guess I may not get to the moon but at least halfway across the globe. Here is the recovery test. Put a voltmeter across the battery. Check that it is 13.2V+. Disconnect ignition and crank engine for 30 secs. Voltage should not go below 6V. Now within a minute it should recover to 11V+. If this happens then there is a 90%+ chance that the fault is not with the battery!

Spent the day migrating to my new i5. Now able to work, and writing on that. Full migration will take a le3ast 3-4 days. A big improvement on my old Quad Core!

sgiitk2011-06-17 09:51:44

@sgiitk: Congrats on the upgrade; I upgraded from a 1GB RAM to 12 GB RAM and from a Core2duo to Sandy Bridge. Performance is great and good to work on the video's taken during the vacation. Airtel also gives "Speed on Demand" where I can migrate to 2mbps (and back to my plan) for faster up/downloads.

I upgraded from a 1GB RAM to 12 GB RAM and from a Core2duo to Sandy Bridge.

I am sure you meant 2GB, since 32-bit will not support over 3GB. Also, found out a few new things about 64 bit. Win7 has separate language files for 32- and 64-bits. Found one old app (WinQVT my old favourite VT220 emulator) which will not work on 32-bit. Had to search and download 64 bit Net Gadget, the one in the gadgets in the pack will not work! Had fun installing my Samsung 4300 MF device.

@sgiitk: I meant "12" GB RAM have Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. My friends asked me if I was 'subcontracting' for ISRO or NASA, lol? Basically, wanted to future proof my system so it doesn't go out of fashion in say 6 months time.

Actually I really liked the Aria contest because there are 50 choices and you have to fill only 36 .It takes sometime to actually fill the contest option . Anyway even I have filled the form and hope to get the beast home too.

Just reached Gurgaon today evening for some work here.This town in the NCR falls on the Delhi- Jaipur Highway. The highway is an expressway and the whole sector along the highway from Palam to this place is full of architecturally ultra modern, high rises and concrete all around.

Gurgaon is an auto hub. MSIL, HH, HMSIL,Honda SIEL (in the vicinity)are all here.

I had travelled on this highway to Jaipur from Delhi more than two decades back. Even then it had motels and was buzzing with economic activity. Again I had been on this highway about 12 years back. There were a lot of changes with concrete taking over the greenery. But the changes seen today were unbelievable and drastic that has been consistent with our growth.

Cannot believe that the founder of Maruti Udyog Ltd., Mr Sanjay Gandhi would drive from Delhi to Gurgaon in his famous green diesel Matador, during the emergency days. A very famous emergency story went on that he got a village that fell en route to Gurgaon shifted because livestock and cattle that loitered on the highway were speed breakers for him.The Haryana government did his job!

anjan_c20072011-06-19 17:13:16

Welcome to our city (and I mean the whole NCR) Anjan da.

Having been around to see this drastic development has been very interesting. Comparing the rapid speed at which Gurgaon and Haryana has developed to Noida and Delhi clearly shows the difference between the emphasis Haryana govt. has put on the Industrial development.

Yday was just a boring slow lazy day. Got up at 11. Ate lunch and just watched some old episodes of Top Gear. Not as fun as the latest episodes but not bad. I am eagerly waiting for season 17. anyone else following top gear??

@Anjan c2007:

Welcome to our land.For how many days you are here?

If you have brought your own car then be careful while driving,because the expressway has a speed limit of 90kph and you don't know where the cops catches you with their speed detectors.

The highway is really fun to drive after you cross the Neemrana industrial area.