speed

What all did you do today?

I am busy with preparations for exams( as I already mentioned in my previous post)with breaks in form of quick naps , or lunch /dinner and some web surfing ( if time permits )between study refreshes mind. I am just enjoying studying despite hectic schedule.I miss posting regularly but study comes first and everything later.smiley2.gif

Welcome to National Capital Region Anjaan Sir have a pleasant and enjoyable stay.

GOLF2011-06-20 16:40:39

Thanks asethi919, TSiVipul and GOLF for the hearty welcome.Golf wish you all the very best for your exams.

How is your father now Vipul ? I again wish him  a very speedy recovery. Please explain him in a cool way the disadvantages of having the chocobar now at this moment.  Patients get restless usually when their point of view is not well taken.

I do not have my car here.These people with whom I am associated here are engaging taxis for my movement.

Yesterday the driver did not pay toll tax at the Expressway Toll on the DL-Haryana border. I asked him why so? Were Haryana registered cars exempt? He said they pay monthly fees to the toll people and get badges.

Welcome to Mera Bharat Mahaan. After 64 years of independence the govt is in capable of giving the citizens power, clean water, good roads, and safety. maybe we should look for some places in India where we can get these. My wife is so disgusted by all being crooks, that she has stopped voting. I try and find the least crooked!

In Ulta Pradesh power situation this year is slightly better - elections in 2012.

@sgiitk - Looking for some places where you can get these is easy I think. The societies and apartments in Noida provide all these basic amenities and the road conditions are also good. Don't feel my reply to be biased but I feel the best combo of all the things mentioned by you is available in Chandigarh.

@drifty; aka NOIDA has NO IDeA as how to manage the water supply in the not too distant future. This is what led t the decline of gurgaon. As for Law and order in NOIDA I am not too sure.

More seriously, I am thinking of something bigger than a few sq.miles - a state and not a town.

Then I think Gujarat will come into picture. Less electricity problems, good roads and generally safe. Also from what I have seen living in U.P. and Gujarat, significantly low level of corruption

Gandhinagar is the best city to live in. Ahmedabad' date=' Surat, Rajkot and Vadodara are also very good.[/quote']

What happens if there were a change of power; would it still remain the same?

@BF: I don't think you've been to Bengaluru recently, it's nightmarish traffic would really make you change your mind; from "garden city" it's become "gridlock" city.

Durango Dude2011-06-21 10:09:52

Power situation in TN going from bad to worse. Whole of yesterday was a brown out and blackout combined. Don't what will happen today.

In Gurgaon the power supply is interrupted nearly five to six times a day. The maximum time is for about 30 minutes, while the minimum is around 10-15 minutes. This is an important auto and IT hub of the country!

anjan_c20072011-06-21 13:28:24

Power situation in TN going from bad to worse. Whole of yesterday was a brown out and blackout combined. Don't what will happen today.

In Gurgaon the power supply is interrupted nearly five to six times a day. The maximum time is for about 30 minutes' date=' while the minimum is around 10-15 minutes. This is an important auto and IT hub of the country!

[/quote']

We, in south Chennai, haven't been exposed to such power shut downs in a long time, therefore comes as a shock. Though its the norm in the suburbs and other places of TN. Our power supply comes from the same substation that supplies power to Greenways road which is the hub of ministerial and judicial residences, so we haven't been at the receiving end in a long time.

Guys a transformer at the power station in kerala blew up yesterday!!EB says it is some kind of earth fault!So until it gets repaired,we people in TVM will have to cope with 1 hour load shedding!!smiley6.gif

I got to attend the Renault's media event today at The Leela, where the first 14 customers of Fluence were handed over the keys in a ceremony. Renault also revealed plans for India. 5 cars would be launched by the end of 2012.

The car in flesh looks absolutely incredible. I would personally not even consider the Civic and Corolla in front of it. The petrol version comes fully loaded with all sorts of features and seemed like a very tempting package.

I didn't have a camera along with me so didn't click pictures. Sorry. It was a great experience though.

Thanks asethi919' date=' TSiVipul and GOLF for the hearty welcome.Golf wish you all the very best for your exams.How is your father now Vipul ? I again wish him? a very speedy recovery. Please explain him in a cool way the disadvantages of having the chocobar now at this moment.? Patients get restless usually when their point of view is not well taken. I do not have my car here.These people with whom I am associated here are engaging taxis for my movement.Yesterday the driver did not pay toll tax at the Expressway Toll on the DL-Haryana border. I asked him why so? Were Haryana registered cars exempt? He said they pay monthly fees to the toll people and get badges.

[/quote']

@Anjan_c2007:

Thanks for your wishes.Father is now on a path of recovery and doctor has advised him 4 more days of bed-rest for which he quarrels with doctor on every visit,I AM HELPLESS,he don't hear me!!!

Tried to explain him the disadvantages of eating chocobar in a cool way-result just an hour later he was eating one.Then I found that there is a wardboy named Arjun who gets him a chocobar for Rs100(this was happening daily and twice a day for two days too).Caught him and gave him a body massage but haven't complained to management because I don't want to snatch his living-his job.Daily there is a quarrel between we both(I and my Father) in the private ward,and yesterday snatched whole of his money from him,so now no more chocobarssmiley36.gif..

Actually on the Jaipur highway you may have seen the tag lanes on the 24th km tollbooth there you simply need to put your tag on the windshield or the detector and you don't need to stop.The tag has a monthly charge so its useful for daily commuters like taxis etc who make numerous trips across the tollbooth.

TSiVipul2011-06-22 02:47:45

Nice to know that your father will be discharged within a few days.Thats a relief for the whole family.

About the 16 lane toll booth at the DL-Haryana border I was told  a behind the scene story by a somewhat influential person here in Gurgaon. He said that there are 150,000 cars passing this toll booth every day. Each one is charged Rs 21 for one way. The Build Own Operate and Transfer system has provided the lessee M/s D.S. Constructions (the 8 lane highway maker) a 25 year lease  by the NHAI.The lessee has entrusted the job of toll collection to an ex-armyman's company.

One of the clauses in the contract is that if there is a huge jam of say nearly 200 cars in a single toll lane, the toll collector must release all the cars without collecting any toll tax to avoid jams and delays. But this is never followed.

The categories exempt are the ambulances, VIP cars and motorcades and govt vehicles, commercial vehicles carrying food products, defence vehicles and some other categories that I may have missed here. Another category is the NHAI owned vehicles. So it is amusing that many trucks have got NHAI painted on their bodyline, though these have some other private ownership.

Coming to the tag lane, there are many who when in a hurry move into the tag lane because this is a faster lane. If detected without the wanted tag, they are charged Rs 21 but not fined.The person manning this lane is under moral pressure not to waste time and argue with such users because there are cars following the non tag car who may be unnecessarily be delayed. So when in a hurry the tag lane is handy to move out at a brisk pace.

I am sure many locals may be aware of such manoeuvrings on the toll lanes by users and the operators.

We' date=' in south Chennai, haven't been exposed to such power shut downs in a long time, therefore comes as a shock. Though its the norm in the suburbs and other places of TN. Our power supply comes from the same substation that supplies power to Greenways road which is the hub of ministerial and judicial residences, so we haven't been at the receiving end in a long time.
[/quote']

Power cut in Bombay use to occur maybe 2 decades ago. Its sad that important cities like Delhi, Gurgaon or even so other cities all over India face power cuts. Apart from increase in power demand our grids are inefficient.

Edit : have been seeing TV's all day         super bored!
sarabjeet2011-06-22 17:38:23

The power cuts,in my views are more frequent here in north.Like Meerut has 18 hours power supply.And villages nearby are having 8 hours power supply.

Today going to get my Pusar serviced after a long time(since I ride it less) with complete front suspension(forks) repair.

Whole night passed sleepless again,half on steering and half in hospital with father.Got a bill of 23k from hospital too.