speed

What all did you do today?

Have diarrhea like symptoms since 3 in the morning with high fever. Aagghh have a trip coming up on 7th docs any remedies to get well quickly ?
The climate in Mumbai is changing so fast and adds to health problems. Do checked yourself with some good doctor and also get the tests done if advised. Though i am not a doctor but can advise you to take this things meanwhile taking these things from my childhood and very effective.

Diasyn Tabs

Anti-diarrhoeal tablets

Description:

A soothing combination of drugs for the treatment of diarrhoea and dysentery.

Each uncoated tablet contains:

Balharde (Terminalia chebula) - 32 mg.
Bael (Aegle marmelos) - 87 mg.
Kurchi (Holarrhena antidysenterica) - 66 mg.
Darhald (Berberis aristata) - 88.5 mg.
Jeera (Cuminum Cyminum) - 7.7 mg.
Dhai (Woodfordia fruticosa) - 9.7 mg.
Ajwan (Ptychotis ajowan) - 9.7 mg.
Alstonia (Alstonia scholaris) - 7.7 mg.

Kurchi and Bael are two well known drugs used for the treatment of diarrhoea and dysentery, particularly for acute and chronic amoebic dysentery. Kurchi has been found to be very effective by Indian and Western authorities.

Berberis aristata has recently been found to be very effective in bacterial diarrhoeas including bacillary dysentery and gastroenteritis. It is believed to be effective against both trophozoite and cystic forms of Entamoeba histolytica.

Dhai is used in dysentery, diarrhoea and bowel complaints.

Balaharde is highly useful in chronic dysentery and diarrhoea.

Alstonia is useful in chronic dysentery and diarrhoea.

Jeera is a carminative and cooling.

Ajwon is useful in diarrhoea and spasmodic affections of the bowels. A judicious combination of these drugs is not only effective against diarrhoea and dysentery, but has a soothing effect on intestinal mucosa. Diasyn is safe and free form toxicity.

Indications:

Amoebic and bacillary dysentery, diarrhoea, mucous colitis, intestinal fermentation, infantile diarrhoea.

Dosage:

Adults: 1 to 2 tablets every 4 hours.

Children: 1/2 to 1 tablet every 4 hours

Product of  J & J Dechane laboratories   And

For Fever

Mahasudarshan churna( available in form of tablets and powder)

3-6 gms. twice a day With equal amount of sugar in case of powder form preferably of Dabur company.

Both medicines are ayurvedic and harmless.

Mahasudarshan Churna is employed in Ayurvedic treaties for fever especially of chronic type and associated with diarrhoea, indigestion, cough, cold or allergy. It balances all three dosha (vata, pitta & kapha), maintains healthy metabolism, and strengthens immune system that helps protect body from allergens and infectious mirco-organisms.

Indication:

Preventing and supportive during epidemic of malaria, allergic cough & cold, supportive in tuberculosis, recurrent respiratory infection, indigestion, ama (endotoxicity).

Direction for use:

1 to 2 teaspoonfuls (1 to 2 g), 2 to 3 times a day with honey or as directed by your physician.( But my experience is to take it in powder form with sugar, Just put it on your tounge and propel it inside with water without allowing it to stay there for any time because it tastes very bitter.)

Composition:

Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Bibhitaki (Terminalia belerica), Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Haridra (Curcuma longa), Daruharidra (Berberis ariststa), Brihati (Solanum indicum), Kantkari (Solanum xanthocarpum), Shati (Carcuma zedoaria), Shunthi (Zingiber officinale), Marich (Piper nigrum), Pippali (Piper longum), Pippalimool (Piper longum root), Moorva (Sansevieria roxburghiana), Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia), Dhamasa (Fagonia arabica), Katuki (Picrorrhiza kurroa), Parpat (Fumaria parviflora), Musta (Cyperus rotundus), Trayman (Gentiana kurroa), Netrabala (Pavonia odorata), Neem (Azadirachta indica), Pushkarmool (Inula recemosa), Yashtimadhu (Glycyrrhiza glabra), Ajmoda (Trachyspermum ammi), Kutaj (Holarrhena antidysenterica), Bharangmool (Cherodendron serratum), Shigru (Moringa olifera), Vacha (Acorus calamus), Twak (Cinnamomum zeylanicum), Padmak (Prunus puddum), Chandan (Santalum album), Ativish (Aconitum heterophyllum), Bala (Sida cordifolia), Shalparni (Desmodium gangeticum), Prishniparni (Uraria picta), Vidang (Embelia ribes), Tagar (Valeriana wallichii), Chitrak (Plumbago zeylanica), Devdar (Cedrus deodara), Chavak (Piper chaba), Katupatol (Trichosanthes dioica), Vidarikand (Pueraria tuberose), Lavang (Syzygium aromaticum), Vanshlochan (Bambusa arundinacea), Kamal (Nelumbo nucifera), Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera), Tamalpatra (Cinnamomum tamala), Talispatra (Abies webbiana), Nagkeshar (Myristica fragrans), Kiratatikta (Swertia chirata), Ushir (Vetiveria zizanioides), Shu. Sphatika (Alum purified).

ashikawa2011-06-30 08:41:13

@sarbajeet - I would advice you to take ORS so to replenish the lost minerals and water.This the most important thing - drink plenty of water .Regarding which  Antibiotic  it would be inappropriate on my part to discuss here it so please consult your physician since you have fever - GIT infection may be there .Please don't take any anti diarrhea pill unless diarrhea is severe and with consulting a physician.

GOLF2011-06-30 17:00:27

I think Ashikawa has taken some Ramdev type of course.Sarabjeet its better to follow the GOLF's advise because if you try to make out something as mentioned by Ashikawa then it may take a bit too much time and something may get out of control....smiley36.gif

GET WELL SOON BRO,TAKE CARE...

I think Ashikawa has taken some Ramdev type of course.Sarabjeet its better to follow the GOLF's advise because if you try to make out something as mentioned by Ashikawa then it may take a bit too much time and something may get out of control....smiley36.gif

GET WELL SOON BRO,TAKE CARE...

I first advised him to visit a doctor and get any tests done if required.( What i normally do) The medicines cited by me here are only herbs/food supplements which help the body to cure itself without any side effect/ supressing the symptoms of disease and it is not derived from and Ramdev Type of course but being used in family for atleast 50-60 years. You can also call it traditional knowledge derived from old people in the family( i.e.Dadi ke Nuskhe). So it should not be taken as a prescription kind of thing.

Today in the morning I was just opened the Hood to put viper washer fluid and I found two big rats sitting on the battery and hood . I was shocked and first thing I did was to seen if they chewed some wire or tubes and thank god they didn't bite anything. My car is parked in open and is used daily still you never know when rats go in the hood . The other days there was a cat sitting on the roof and dog on the bonnet. Looks like the stress level of animals are too much these days.

Booked all new 2011 ford fiesta with booking amount of rs.50000 today.

Dealer-Chennai ford,arumbakkam,chennai.

According to dealer car will be available in 4 variants.,trend, trend plus, titanium , titanium plus.

But the features of each variant and cost will be known during the first week of July.

Booked all new 2011 ford fiesta with booking amount of rs.50000 today.

Congrats Ragha.Do post more detail when you get delivery.BTW which variant are you buying - Petrol or diesel and trim level?

Today i got a call from ford India. They informed me that they will be launching new fiesta by the 2 or 3 week this month. They got my address so that they can send some representative regarding the trim level and price of the car.

I am going in for the diesel.trim level according to the on road price.

@Ragha:

My heartiest congrats to you,wishing you happy miles crunching in advance.

@Creativebala:

Now father is okay,and chocobars are being consumed as usual(he even used to get one for himself daily in hospital too,except last four days when I snatched his cash).Today he went to Rajauri for some work.

From last 3 days my i10 is doing somewhat wobbling motion(one of my relatives took it and then I came to know that they were 6 people in a puny i10 on a broken,muddy village road for 43 kms).Firstly scolded them for not taking the Innova(because they felt it cumbersome)and now going to the Hyundai service center to get my car medicated.

Got my new Incredible 2 going yesterday. Dual mode CDMA and GSM (you select which is active). Excellent, far better built than Samsung's. fortunately, takes the same connector as the Sammy, so my second charger etc. are Ok. Now I have to figure out the Incredible access.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Padmanabhaswamy_Temple#Treasure_trove

May be totally OT in this forum, but makes interesting reading. Have a look.

Thanks for sharing this info. which is very interesting. This treasure is preserved for a long time and the court rightly kept it with the trust for its upkeep. I am hopefull that they will make good use of it and will also spend some on welfare of the people. Who says India is a poor country........

@DD,  this should make for an interesting read! Hope the right to safeguard the treasure remains with the ones who preserved it over ages.

Did hear somehere that the 6th vault has an Iron wall guarding.

There used to be many such treasures in India, heck it was the Golden bird. Invaders overtime robbed the Country of most, be it Muslim invaders from Iran, Afgan or the Western invaders(British, Portugese, French, etc.) What remains in being gulped by the Govt. of India & its corrupt officials.

Spent the last two days searching for ways to root my Incredible2. One (alpharev version X) is in beta and the other is a hardware based Chinese solution. Standard Unrevoked does not exist as yet. Need it to install a screen capture, and remove Verizon bloat.

Also have some fun with Windows 7 64-bit. My CDBurner XP will not find the DVD Writer (tried both 32- and 64- bit versions). Found a quirk in the Keyboard Interface, It waits for the next character to be typed before it will show quotes, 'or ". Too clever for me.

An update folks!!...the NSG Commandos just arrived in the city for security of this temple!!.....the estimate has crossed 1 lac crore now!!...thats a lot of money!!smiley2.gif

Well, you should have asked him,

"Excuse me sir, but could you please explain your dealings with the kochi ipl team and the fiasco around it.

He would have left everything and vanished in seconds."