speed

What all did you do today?

@DD I did watched 2012 on laptop recently and switched it off at 15mins because I had the option to see some other good movies in a theatre you have no option but to bear along with the movie.

Anyways whats happening to hollywood and bollywood ,there is no a single movies I like in 2009.

@DD I did watched 2012 on laptop recently and switched it off at 15mins because I had the option to see some other good movies in a theatre you have no option but to bear along with the movie.

Anyways whats happening to hollywood and bollywood ' date='there is no a single movies I like in 2009.
[/quote']

I saw 2 Hindi movies on Tata Sky Showcase: 'Wake up Sid' and 'What's your Raashee' not bad, very imaginative plot's and I liked Ranbir in Sid and Priyanka in her 12 roles in Rashee, they were good performances. The younger crowd will agree to disagree, I suppose.

Got my Elantra serviced, yesterday. It cost me Rs.4645. It's hum on finer than before. HMP does a neat job and they delivered the car at 4-30 pm. I also installed Ubuntu-Linux (9.01) Karmic Kaola OS: it's working well but takes some time to get the peripherals to work, printer has started to work, have to config the scanner and webcam. It's a big file 690 MB, downloaded from the web and burned it to a DVD and installed it, besides my XP. May some of you can try it; it's a good OS and quiet intuitive not like the old Linux where it was like learning to walk and talk all over again, and it's free, and much faster than windows xp. 

@BS: Initial impressions: Boot time has come down by say 50% atleast and the software responds faster. I suggest you retain XP and install this side by side and on booting you can choose which OS you'd like to use. Yes it's better than the XP and that's saying a lot. Try it out you won't regret, or better get the DVD from any friends who have downloaded it: biggest headache is the 690 MB download takes better part of the day, and take a copy of the DVD for your future use. I think between FEE(Windows) and FREE(Ubuntu) theres no competition.

Its linux day i guess smiley36.gif. Bought a hp mini 110 lappy yesterday loaded with linus 2.26 Gnome edition 2.8. Linux is fun to use but still fiddling with it to know the nooks and cornerssmiley1.gif . Right DD its really fast. 

I am really irritated with my vista home premium its never ending boot and I am fed up I want to install Windows 7 had earlier installed unbuntu but it got corrupted any suggestions ,many friend of mine have free windows 7 but it lacks the thrill of the paid version I may take a plunge and go for it.

I am really irritated with my vista home premium its never ending boot and I am fed up I want to install Windows 7 had earlier installed unbuntu but it got corrupted any suggestions ' date='many friend of mine have free windows 7 but it lacks the thrill of the paid version I may take a plunge and go for it.[/quote']

Don't go around filling Bill Gates coffers any more, its overflowing as it is. Try out Ubuntu 9.01 and I can take a safe bet you won't regret. Install it side by side to Vista and choose OS at boot. Its a hoot to use and its free. So no going for 'pirated' Windows and getting irritating prompts all the time.

There are for now only few programs which are compatible with Windows 7 i guess, so its better to wait and thats what i did and am now using the good old XP(anyways my desktop doesnt supports Windows7, but my laptop does).

Its linux day i guess smiley36.gif. Bought a hp mini 110 lappy yesterday loaded with linus 2.26 Gnome edition 2.8. Linux is fun to use but still fiddling with it to know the nooks and cornerssmiley1.gif . Right DD its really fast.

@Sb-alto, congrats on you new lappy, do posts its features and specifications in detail and its cost and size. Also update your gadgets on 'Gadgets and Gizmos thread'

Thanks bluesapphire smiley4.gif. Its a hp mini lappy. Black in colour. 160gb HDD  1gb ram, vga webcam, intel atom 1.6ghz processorsmiley6.gif, bluetooth, 5in1 card reader, 5usb ports, ethernet port and NO optical drive. Paid 19k for it .

I will update on gadgets and gizmos as well.

Took a ride down East Coast Road, as the weather was cloudy and pleasant. The traffic eased as I we crossed VGP. Then we headed straight for Tiger Caves, dating back to the Pallava period it has carvings and temples from single pieces of rock: monoliths, something similar as Ellora but not on such a grand scale. The place is reasonably well maintained and has good lawns and one can sit around relax and take photo's. It's almost 50 kms from my place and a pleasant drive. We had lunch at the ECR Dhaba where they keep a few geese, pigeon's, rabbit's and also a rare Emu bird which you are allowed to feed. So we fed ourselves first and then went on to feed the fauna.

20091213_162833_S6000788.JPG

Pleasant ECR take it slow and enjoy the scenery.

20091213_162955_S6000761.JPG

My son with a leaning monolith in the background.

20091213_163112_S6000781.JPG

Temple of Lord Shiva at Tiger Cave.

20091213_163219_S6000784.JPG

The temples are half finished probably the king went to war and perished or his coffers ran empty. The pool is courtsey the recent rains in and around Chennai.

20091213_163936_S6000779.JPG

Inscriptions from the Pallava period.

20091213_164112_S6000785.JPG

Daughter with my car.

20091213_164212_S6000773.JPG

View of the lush lawns around Tiger Caves.

20091213_164336_S6000814.JPG

Feeding the rabbits at ECR Dhaba.

20091213_164429_S6000817.JPG

Feeding the geese at ECR Dhaba.

20091213_164531_S6000802.JPG

Rare Emu bird at ECR Dhaba.

Very nice pics. DD. I've been to VGP(golden,silver) ~ 15yrs back, loved the place.

We drove down further to Mahabalipuram in a Rover & saw all the temples which remain submerged in the sea waters for some time in a year.

Your daughter seems pretty possesive of the Silver car!
BornFree2009-12-13 17:18:12