lineshshah

Benefits Nitrogen in Tires

Two years ago I had got ot flled from a tyre dealer in Noida for Rs 50/- only with 6 months topup. 300 Rs is way too high but 100 Rs are ok.

To all non-believers: why dont you spend Rs 100 and get it filled once. You will experience the benefits yourself

Two years ago I had got ot flled from a tyre dealer in Noida for Rs 50/- only with 6 months topup. 300 Rs is way too high but 100 Rs are ok.

To all non-believers: why dont you spend Rs 100 and get it filled once. You will experience the benefits yourself

Try one!!! is a marketing tactic used to pull the crowd and sell the left overs and useless chemical byproducts.

The actual stuff(nitrogen) is so cheap to produce. So if they sell it with a huge margin then, even one sold means profit for them. There is absolutely no loss!!!

If 1000 try the product then its 1000 times 300 Rs. 

Some people refuse to see beyond their nose.

I do not market Nitrogen so if you get it filled, I dont get the profit. I tried it once and found that useful, so wrote my view. If you dont believe that it is upto you. But dont write something which suggests that I might have written for my personal profit.

Thats a good one .I don't know if people have studied till 10 standard nitrogen is used as a packaging gas in the wafers and all sealed products .It is cheaply available so 100rs for 6 months it makes me laugh smiley36.gif .God TEACH !NDIA.

I consider this to be another scam in line with the 200kph carburettor in the 60's.

Air is 80% Nitrogen in any case. I calculated the reduction in weight in an Accent tyre if you switch from Air to Nitrogen - it came to a huge figure of FOUR GRAMMES.

I will rather give my money to a worthy charity!

Well said SG sir. It is really a scam. The one who gets maximum benefit is the company who has acquired the patent for this fraud.

Air contains roughly 78% nitrogen, 20.95% oxygen, 0.93% argon, 0.038% carbon dioxide, trace amounts of other gases, and a variable amount (average around 1%) of water vapor.

So Vineet what do you think about the air in your tyres now? It is not too bad when you get it free.

JimGeo; i asked a quest & got a decently worded answer from SG Sir.

In all fiarness your comments don't sound in right spirit.

SG Sir thanks for the answer & well appreciated! I asked this as saw a huge hoarding trying to publicize this in Noida. Also saw something on same line being hugely publicized in UK about a month ago.

Seems like this was a big craze in UK for now as people were getting it done by paying around 10GBP each time.

@JDrive: It is your money.

I need to top up my Santro (tubed tyres) about once in two months with good fresh normal air. Limits +2 psi when filled, -2psi when refill is done.

No scientific reason for the temperature of the tyres unless you are running them under rinflated (then they will get hot, irrespective), or doing sustained runs at 250kph.

Nothing to do with tyre noise.

One point worth looking for is that the air compressor in most service sentres picks up a lot of moisture. This condenses in the tyre and as the temperature changes the water vapour can change pressure by as much as 8-10psi.

For the past 25 years I have not inflated tyres at the garages - I use a small pump (earlier foot operated, now battery operated, costs about Rs.800) and check the pressures in the morning.

The biggest drawback of having N2 gas in tyres (mostly used in Tubeless type) is that it is compulsory to use only N2 for every topup later.  You are not expected to use normal air for periodic checkings/refillings.  This is the biggest drawback, as you may not find N2 availability is rural/semi-urban places (or even in urban locations).  The N2 filling/refilling charge is usually Rs 30/- for each tyre. 

When I have changed my Esteem's tyres recently, the MRF showroom filled N2 in the new Tubeless tyres.  Other than what you expect from a new set of tubeless tyres, I did not find any special difference due to N2 gas.  The MRF showroom is the only place in Tirupati which has N2 gas filling equipment, and I do not wish to continue using N2, as the choice is limited to only one outlet and there seems to be no benefit at all.  I would prefer to spend the money (Rs 120/-) on something else.  Moreover, how can one be sure that the showroom is filling N2 (and not the normal air) ?  They could be duping the public, I am afraid.

This issue was discussed in length on a earlier thread also. So why a new thread.

I will stand by my own experience. I had got it filled in my Matiz and an immediate vast improvement in ride quality was observed. I did not keep a track for other improvement parameters so cant vouch for those.

The only reason I discontinued N2 because the only filling station was way out of my normal route. I however now plan to get it filled in my Altis, as now I frequently pass through that road.

Non believers should get it filled once and then evaluate the results themselves rather than going in a long tech discussion. Rs 100 is not such a big amount and can be easily written off as a R&D expense, in case of disappointing results.

It is nothing but a marketing gimmik by tyre dealers.  And, more and more car owners prefer to pay Rs 150/- if they are `told' that what they get is the `latest' and the `best'. 

By the way, how to ensure that the gas is really Nitrogen (and not the normal air) ?  As I said in my earlier post, I do not believe the tyre dealer (nor the chaps who does the actual filling !!!).  They simply do not know anything about either the Nitrogen gas or the benefits thereof. 

I have had this in my Zen for the past year. Did it from Pratham motors Bangalore when they marketed it to me(Rs100 for 5 tyres and then free topups for ever). As many here have said, I have not seen any particular benefit in the drive. But one good thing is that there is hardly any loss of pressure. Initially i checked it every month and there was no loss of pressure for 3-4 months . Now i check every 3 months.. Rajeevraj2009-11-19 12:07:11

JimGeo;  

In all fiarness your comments don't sound in right spirit.

I didnt mean to offend you but just wanted to make you think the other way. 

I am into marketing for a good no.of years and hence I know how much fair play is there in marketing.

I wish my fellow ACIans to think rationally and act wisely. If you think that kind of spirit is not right, then I am sorry to say that you have really misunderstood me.

I am happy to hear that you are convinced with SG sir because if he couldn't convince you, i think none else in this forum can clarify your doubt in this matter.

Friends,

I got my car serviced last month and they filled Nitrogen in my car's tyre without asking me. I was in no mood to argue with them at that time and they promised that I won't face drop in tyre pressure for next 6 months(i.e till the next service) and will get better FE and comfort. I got a slight increase in FE after the service, but not sure whether it is due to Nitrogen filled tyres smiley3.gif . Now the problem is that the tyre pressure started reducing and I am in doubt whether I need to fill nitrogen itself or air. If I am filling air in the tyre which already have nitrogen, will it create any problems? Please Advise.

No problems - I hope you didn't have to pay for something you hadn't asked for. If you paid then you got conned.

What car and where did you get the car serviced?

Btw - we have existing threads which discuss the whole Nitrogen fiasco. Do a search and please read them.

To answer your question, just top up the air pressure with regular air (air is 78% Nitrogen). Filling nitrogen has absolutely no benefits.

My car is Alto and was serviced at Bimal Service Centre at Bannerghatta Road.I am totally dissatified by their Service' date=' so don't want to go there again for refilling.

Thanks dtandon for the clarification.[/quote']

OT - Bimal has a lot of bad reviews. I would avoid them. I would suggest that you try Suraksha (on Hosur road) - they are the best MASS in Bangalore.