cavallino

Hamilton wins SPA. Edit-Given Penalty.

In the European GP, the stewards ruled that Felipe Massa was "unsafely released" in the path of Adrian Sutil but was let off the hook because Massa backed off and let Sutil get out ahead of him.

In the Belgian GP, Hamilton was still ahead of Kimi as they crossed the finish line after Hamilton cut across the Bus Stop Chicane, but was slowing all the time and did let Kimi past before getting him again at La Source.

I think Hamilton should be given a pass just like Massa on this and be allowed to keep what was an epic victory.

They did. And I just saw the video again. It wasn't because he didn't let Raikkonen get past him before the end of the lap. He held his speed long enough to let Raikkonen get just past him before they crossed the timing beams. He's been penalized because after his move on Raikkonen at the bus stop chicane failed, he deliberately cut across the second part of the chicane. Lewis says he did it because Kimi didn't leave him any room at the chicane but that's rubbish. Lewis could have backed off and followed Raikkonen and tried to pass him later after Eau Rouge at Les Combes.

Raikkonen too screwed up by getting past Lewis under yellow flags, but Lewis was on an off track excursion at the point when he was caught out by a dawdling Nico Rosberg.

cavallino2008-09-08 06:59:38

VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED!! Thats what I am after seeing Kimi crash out and to see Lewis on the podium. Its just a small consolation to see Lewis demoted to third, serves him right for being too smart! Kimi drove an impeccable race till he crashed out and I was so happy to see the old Kimi back yesterday. I just hope he continues driving like this and really tries something serious to improve his qualifying times and grid position.

But what a race, so many overtaking, suspense, drama in the end with the rain, Spa-Francorchamps lives up to its name again. What a beautiful circuit!

Lewis deserves the demotion for what he did, immediately slip streaming Kimi after letting him pass to get the tow and overtake him.

I am pro ferrari, however I am more pro sport, and the penality handed over to Lewis is UNFAIR!!

The fact that Lewis did move out of the racing line but held back and then over took Kimi was fair, very very fair.

It is just that advantage of being more confident in the wet that got Lewis the podium.

The whole FIA it seems is in Ferrari's bag, and it seems they are using unsporting means to gain advantage.

Slowly but surely I have started admiring MacLaren and BMW who seems to be the underdog and have got isolated due to this ITALIAN JOB!!!

Even a few current F1 drivers have agreed that what Lewis did was a bit too optimistic. Lewis's past record speaks for himself. He has been in the news for the wrong things including his driving.You cannot say the same thing about Kimi.

That is the day we will find out whether or not Lewis Hamilton will get to keep his Belgian GP win or if the stewards ruling will stand. I personally believe Hamilton did knowingly cut across the second half of the Bus Stop Chicane and gain a speed advantage over Raikkonen that allowed him to dictate when to give the position back to him and immediately dive into his slipstream before pouncing at La Source.

However, as Kimi knowingly gained an advantage at Pouhon when he remained on the grippier run off area after going off and then crash out later, I don't think penalizing Hamilton was necessary. Both these incidents evened each other out and Hamilton won the race because he was able to keep his car on the road.

I havent watched a race since 2006 after JPM's departure coz of how monotonous F1 became. But i did watch this race and saw the 'incident'.  I think It was correct to penalise Hamilton coz he didnt back off completely. He was beside Kimi and that isnt sufficient after cutting a chicane.

Now the F1 management has given a clarification which is a reiteration of the rules not a new rule that there should be one corner's gap before you try to overtake again, after conceding the position gained by cutting across a chicane.

Race should not be bounded by Rules. In Monaco. Force India is hit by a Ferrari and they say Sorry thats it.

Lewis avoids a collision, though he holded Ferrari but he had to back off and give back lead to Kimi, means he backed off and again work on car to gain pace, this means both McLaren driver and car worked harder than Ferrari to gain lead.

Now u cant take 25 sec from someone for that matter. Had he not done that and would have worked for a comfortable lead so that even after penality he has 2nd position then what.

Well I dont support Lewis much, but yes I support McLaren madly and way Lewis drives is awesome. Not many times u have seen a driver starting from end of grid and making his way up.

Montoya has done it once and Lewis twice and Massa once. Like it or not, Lewis is hell of a driver makes the race internting.

Heard the commentry? "Racing is not about being Mr. Nice Guy, its racing"

lewis doesnt know how to ride.see italian GP how harsh he was..??

he is only aiming the championship. & it doesnt matter how he gets it.

At Least Hamilton is aiming at winning through Driving, what about this quote from Ferrari...

"I have often said that the race is not over until the official results are published and that was the case today," said Ferrari team principal Stefano Domenicali

but shumi was good aggressive driver,not lewis .shumi was not hiting others during race, see how lewis has driven in the last 2 races.!!!!

lewis has taken the full advantage. in italian GP .but he is has shown some frustration in the last 2 races ,thats for sure.now massa is just 1 point behind lewis,he will be more frustrated.& i can predict that for the next race,there will be more drama

That is called "Racing". Senna was ruthless!! So was Schumacher. Its just a sign of a champion!!

Come on Cyrus, so if only Lewis is racing what are all the other drivers doing?! Some of his movements in the Italian GP were uncalled for.

That is called "Racing". Senna was ruthless!! So was Schumacher. Its just a sign of a champion!!

Come on Cyrus' date=' so if only Lewis is racing what are all the other drivers doing?! Some of his movements in the Italian GP were uncalled for.

[/quote']

It was aggression. Everyone was doing that, Fiscicalla, Baricello ..... but eyes are on high profile drivers only.

It's very easy for us to sit on our sofa's and comment what a racing driver should and should not do.

Put yourself in their shoes for a minute and you'll see a totally different perspective.

What happened to Lewis.. I feel.. was that he got shafted.

If the clarification to the rule came out AFTER his incident, well then he shouldn't have been penalised for his actions, since when he did what he did.. there was still a lot of ambiguity with regards to the cutting the chicane rule.

As for Schumacher and Senna being "CLEAN DRIVERS"..@yamahar15.. I think either you didn't see or don't remember how dirty both these genius driver's were when they entered the sport.

I remember Schumi driving into another driver and losing his entire year's points for that(87 points I think).

They all are dirty/aggressive driver's.. its just that the really good one's drive on the edge of what is permitted.. and the young ones like Lewis get caught.

Sad.

Cheers.

Zavo