anijog

Helmets compulsory

For All those helmet bashers... please NOTE!

the supreme court has ruled in one of the cases of accident presented to it, that if a two wheeler rider sustains injuries, his hospitalization claim cannot be considered if he has willfully neglected to wear a helmet whilst using his two wheeler. The court has further instructed all insurance companies to insert this condition in their policies from hence forth.

So please guys if at least not for your head, then atleast for your family's sake who will have to bear the burden of your hospital expenses and the pain of there son/daughter in hospital, please WEAR A HELMET!!

wearing helmet dont take care .......in an acident......

it may some time give u more problems  ..............like spine injury ....

to be safe ,ride ......in decent pace....50-55 kmph.........thats the best way on indian roads.....

with lot of potholes........no traffic rules...........there will be no decline to no. of accidents............

yup, Whatever may be the speed. Wearing a good quality helmet surely plays a major role. Also, If you are a true bike enthusiast, u should go for full protection gears. But in normal conditions, Mere helmet will do a lot on your safety.. 

Good. About time some sense came. I wish the courts had done what the UK courts did in the 70's when the belts law came in. If you were not wearing them the award in an accident was reduced by at least two thirds - since you contributed to your misfortune.

I wish someone teaches Punjab that the seat belt is for you safety. The habit of draping it without inserting the tongue makes my blood boil. There is nothing macho about not belting up.

To wear or not to wear...this is the question one needs to ask himself...if you value your hairstyle more than your head ...please don't wear the stupid plastic head on your head.......smiley2.gif .....No one and I mean no one and that includes Hnr.Supream Court of India can make you realize value of your life......

About 50 Canadian children and adolescents die each year from bicycle-related injuries, and 75% of all bicycle-related deaths are due to head injuries. Although the use of helmets can reduce the risk of head injury by 85%, the rate of voluntary helmet use continues to be low in many North American jurisdictions. We measured compliance before, during and after 1997, when legislation making the use of helmets mandatory for cyclists was enacted in Nova Scotia.
------------------------
Jonty

Influencer

i think ....the .....helmet manufacturers will benefit......

helmet wont...protect....u....every time....buddy......

ISI......guidelines says it all..........., it says that helmet .....may protect u from accidents......& not always.....?????

Exactly. If your fat little head gets run over by a train a helmet will not help, nor will anything else. In a normal road accident the chances of your survival and/or reduced damage are much greater (by at least 10X).

Just see the crashes in MotoGP and you will realise the worth of safety gear!

we r not doing .....motogp ....kind of riding in our roads.....!!!

I think the risks are higher on our roads. There everybody knows what the other guy is doing.

It is your skull and contents (if any!) so you take your choice. However, I will hate to be the other guy who gets scr@#$d for no fault of his.

we r not doing .....motogp ....kind of riding in our roads.....!!!

Yes we dont do Moto GP on our roads...but indian roads do offer great experience in dirt biking.......indian roads can give dirt bike trackes a run for their money.....

I understand that you belong to that part of country where head is considered of less value than coconut ........and helmet is considered a waste of money ....and trafic rules are considered as conspiracy.....

wearing a helmet while driving is just like..having a condome even if you don't need it... rather than not having one when you need it......

For All those helmet bashers... please NOTE!
the supreme court has ruled in one of the cases of accident presented to it' date=' that if a two wheeler rider sustains injuries, his hospitalization claim cannot be considered if he has willfully neglected to wear a helmet whilst using his two wheeler. The court has further instructed all insurance companies to insert this condition in their policies from hence forth.
So please guys if at least not for your head, then atleast for your family's sake who will have to bear the burden of your hospital expenses and the pain of there son/daughter in hospital, please WEAR A HELMET!![/quote'] that is great news but few *** kinda people in India will still not follow it specially those young boys who think themselves of superheroes!....here those twoheelers are the main problem on the road ....they take cuts between the two cars even if there is litle gap left!! this is the most irritating!....hope govt. makes even more strict laws for this n importantly the people should follow it!!

....so drive n ride  safely ....n plz wear helmets!!smiley1.gif
vibhor2008-09-09 10:43:46

i think ....the .....helmet manufacturers will benefit......helmet wont...protect....u....every time....buddy......ISI......guidelines says it all...........' date=' it says that helmet .....may protect u from accidents......& not always.....?????

[/quote']

Me thinks.. that the whole concept of wearing a helmet has been turned on its head... if u may call it so. A helmet is a means of protecting your head from injury when you are moving on a two wheeler in normal course of two wheeler riding.. no body is even considering racing, for that you need to use the complete racing gear and more.. taking in to consideration our road conditions.... As one our members has said that if riding a bicycle can cause injuries to your head i.e at what speed?...5 to 10 kmph when you multiple the same 5 times the effect of the impact on your head is directly 5 times.

Have you guys really tried to understand the impact of a boxer's punch at his opponent, if a human hand punch which is far smaller that the muliple effect of speed and the weight of the person on a bike, can knock a experienced boxer out cold, that to with protective head gear, just imagine the damage internally occuring to your brain if it hits a hard surface like a barricade or a stone or any part of the vehicle or the road it self. The first thing to happen is internal bleeding in the brain, now if you don't consider that serious then you should be arrested for attempting suicide!!! smiley3.gif

Apart from protecting our heads helmets protect us from bad weather- rains, winter cold and even the hot summer winds.One must get used to it.

Here in Nagpur, there is a  ruling by the Nagpur Bench of the Mumbai High Court, about three to four years back,  asking law enforcers to implement wearing of helmets compulsorily in the city. But the court order has not been enforced senso stricto. So PIL's keep coming up from time to time in the HC dragging the traffic authorities to court for contempt. The traffic authorities submit under oath, the number of cases i.e. more than a hundred, where two wheeler riders not wearing helmets were fined. They as a rule fine two wheeler riders for breaking traffic rules and along with that the non-wearing of helmet clause is added, in case the fellow is not wearing one.So along with one, two or three traffic offences the next one is free! Thats how the system works.

And on the  roads hardly 2 % of the riders wear helmets, in this Orange City.

anjan_c20072008-09-14 16:32:30

The wearing of a helmet can be uncomfortable when climbing hills and in very hot weather. Some riders contacted us to point this out, though all approved the decision to make the wearing of helmets compulsory generally.

-----------------------------

ages

wearing helmets causes.....poor visibility to the sides.......by this lot of accidents happens.!!!!....also...in rain these helmets......causes poor visibility.........

....so how can u conclude....that wearing helmet helps in reducing...accidents......????

Man r15, u r 1 misinformed person! Poor visibility to the sides? Dude you look straight and ride, not besides you! And in the rain rather than the rain going into ur eyes, it falls on the visor, so visibilty is better too! I dont even know why u r arguing against helmets!

@R15, Buddy...Helmet means a good one which follows the safety norms... Not the ones that are available at platforms and roadsides...Surely, a good helmet will not affect the visibility at any situation...While spending nearly a lakh to get a bike for our riding pleasure,Its quite reasonable to spend some thousands(at least few Hundreds) to ensure safety for our lives...