prab1990

My new APACHE EFi YELLOW

I am a proud owner of a YELLOW Apache EFi in <?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />delhi with double disc brakes. I had loved it in auto expo 08 and was waiting for it. i had always liked apache.looks was one of the main reason for buying it.I brought it through CPL autos(okhla phase 2) new delhi. the dealership experience was good. they did not have efi on display that day but they explained everything about it in detail, but i dunno why they were suggesting me to go for RTR and not EFismiley7.gif. they were interested in selling RTR more than Efi. but i purchased an EFi as i was waiting for it. I had gone to book my bike but ended up taking delivery of it as they had just got yellow EFi. they told that EFi has a waiting period of 15 Days but  i got  immediate delivery because someone else had booked it earlier but postponed the delivery date as he was unable to pay balance on that daysmiley17.gif, whereas i was ready to pay full amount. so i got my bike immediately and took it home. the whole process was smooth. I was alloted my vehicle number immediately. I am a NOVICE rider and this my first bike and i am still learning the nuances of biking. I am enjoying my bike. I got on 3rd september( ganesh chaturthi). and i have done 40 KM. so nothing much to write about but i found its handling easy and confidence inspiring for even a learner like me.  it has got good pickup. and ride is good . I found the riding position comfortablesmiley4.gif. I am 5 10. I have not gone for long rides so dont know about comfort on long drives.( I still dont have licence).smiley36.gif please give me some good tips to improve my biking ability as i am learner.smiley1.gif I have been told not to cross 50 KMPH for 1000 KM and i have not gone beyond 40 kmph. Fuel level indicator is not working properlysmiley19.gifsmiley7.gif as it just keeps blinking and does not show any specific fuel level. I bought STUDDS helmet of rs 850 is it goodsmiley5.gif?? it is half face helmet. I tried AGV but they had only few pieces and they were small for me smiley19.gifas i have big head and big ears.smiley8.gifsmiley9.gifthIs studds fitted me well as i also have to wear spectacles all the time. I have also fitted AUTOCOP Bike Security system.it is easy to operate and provides good protection. I went for autocop as i have autocop in my car for 5 years and i was very satisfied with it and i think autocop is a very good company which makes good quality productssmiley32.gif. please give your valuable tips to help improve my riding. your comments/ suggestion/tips will be highly appreciated and i shall be highly thankful to you for that.smiley1.gifsmiley4.gifsmiley31.gif
PRABHAT
<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Bro! congrats for you new ride.....

Apache is really a good bike - make sure you dont cross 60 on this one. Coz as per my experience its engine vibrates when crossed 60kmph. Just njoy the initially rides till the first service then plan for loong drives.....

Bro! congrats for you new ride.....

Apache is really a good bike - make sure you dont cross 60 on this one. Coz as per my experience its engine vibrates when crossed 60kmph. Just njoy the initially rides till the first service then plan for loong drives.....

No double posting .Come one mans its his new bike don't point out flaws so that he think its not a good deal. Also RTR EFi is marvellous I took a test ride in Nagpur also its short for me as I am fat and 6'1''.So I am waiting for the bigger wheel base RTR to come out.(180cc)

Great buy dude... the fuel indicator prob is common on digital speedos before service... but as others say... "Get your License"... you'l be able to ride with confidence without worrying abt cops catchin you.. :P And the 180 is not due anytime due as there is no official confirmation...

Apart from that... its a brilliant bike... have fun... Drive safe...

CHEERS !

thnx for your replies guys! i really appreciate it. i hav given my bike for 1st servicing . wil collect it tommorow. and i have not crossed 60. I found gearbox is little hard .i have to apply lot of pressure to shift gears esp from neutral to 1st or vice-versa. and i have noticed a pick up lag in between 2000- 3000 RPM wht cud be reason for dat??

well congrats and ya its good deal ...well 180cc is coming but i dont think there will be any changes in dimensions...they will remain same though some changes in looks might be made but that would be l8r cosmetic

There will definitely changes to the dimensions. For a 10cc difference they changed wheelbase, so expect  a longer wheelbase for this 20cc difference....

but i dont think that there will be any change in its height and thats the main drawback and also its usp for shorter people..

well i dont know about the changes in wheelbase made in 160rtr..

well yellow looks good but somehow i like orange and grey/black which has matt finish..

I went to pick up maybike frm service station today( CPL autos okhla, delhi)

and i saw apache Fi in orange on display in d showroom. it was also lukin gud and i don think orange wil cost more than yellow

The wheelbase of the Apache was increased when the RTR was launched and it is expected (not confirmed) that the RTR Menace 180 will have even longer wheelbase. @Prab 1990 please give some details about the mileage and riding characterstics of your bike.

SX4 i am sorry to tell you that i cud not calculate the mileage as my fuel gauge was not working. i have also mentioned this in my review. riding characteristics are gud. the handling is awesome. i did not face any probs in handling till now. the ride is a bit stiff but not too stiff. i have noticed pickup lag between 2000-3000 RPM. pik up is very gud. gearshift is a bit hard when shifting from 1st to neutral or neutral to first especially when bke is not moving. i hav got the fuel gauge rectified and will tell you guys about the fuel efficiency soon.

the bike is givin mileage of around 45kmpl. it might giv me more as i am a learner and not perfect in biking. the problems related to fuel gauge has been solved and its working properly. the hardness of the gearbox has reduced by a great extent, although i face it occasionaly, but the pik up prob remains between 2000-3000 RPM. after that pik up is fine. this bike rocks and i luv it despite sum minor niggles.

r15 i wud lyk 2 know abt the tech probs u heard abt the Fi version, wil it be discontinued if probs persist?? I personally Fi is better than RTR and i also feel dat Fi is d technology of the future.

guys i checked d mileage again and now my bike is giving 52-53 kmpl. and i had heard ppl complaining abt major vibratons after 65kmph. bbut i hav gone upto 80kmph and i did not face any major vibration, only sum tingling in footpegs.