vibhor

...Now Skoda to also join the 'Cheap'car race!!

well its too early to comment on this issue, we haven't even seen the prototype of it!

as far as fabia is concerned, it has successfully achieved the target it had set, it has actually shifted people from buying a sendan.

its just the cost that s an itch, otherwise people woul have loved the car!

I wont keep high hopes with Skoda's small car' date=' by no means its going to be cheap!

[/quote']

Yeah, knowing Skoda they'll probably bring in a cheap car meant for the rich. smiley36.gif

Skoda has to work on prices of spare parts(Rs 2000 for a Fabia wheel cap? smiley3.gif). Or else people will continue to look at their cars as expensive to maintain - such cars aren't bought by cost conscious people.

Skoda has to improve its A.S.S to compete with others in B segment.

Maint. will be the biggest issue which they should get thru. Well if Volswagen can price the UP! Concept between 3-4.5 why cant Skoda join the race!! End of the day we are benefitted with so many options!!

A.S.S is way too much. One of my uncle is fed up of paying service bills . Whenever car goes to Service station , they r charged 4-6 thousand .

they were pretty disappointed  with the car and then you don't even get good resale out of Skoda .

This is what a couple of my friends also tell me, who own Skoda's. But actually how much does the routine paid service costs for Octavia? Owners should clarify!

From what I know, Skoda's in Punjab fetch good resale value.

skoda has built its repo as a durable and dependable product.

iys spares are expensive, but if compared, skoda has its routine service after 1 year whereas other cars goes for the servicing 2-3 times a year. so if you add up the bils for other auto makers, total amount is somewhat simmilar.

@speed yeas punjab witness a good resale value for skoda cars, as skoda's engine is known for their long life.

i'm sorry trojan, but if you don't know that the after sales servicing is done only after a particular time period(as per mentioned by the service booklet), the dealer won't service your car before you have clocked 10,000 kms or have driven the car for one year. As every servicing is related to your car's performance.

probably here the difference lies between a quality product and an affordable product.

nobody can deny, but they certainly won't recommend you.

@speed- servicing is at customers will but if the company has set a protocol, there must have been some kind of reason.

i really don't see any point in getting your car serviced before the due time....its mearly stupidity on customers part.

if Skoda call their car after 12 months there is a reason behind that, skoda uses synthetic oil, which is expensive over the normal engine oil(one used by maruti and others), but its life is 3 times more than the normal oil.so it will be fooloshness to get your engine oil changed(servicing) after (say) 7000 kms.

i hope you can calculate the total amount after one year for a skoda car and some other diesle car.

Its either time or mileage, if one has not reached mileage, but crossed the time, then too service can be done as the viscosity of oil changes.

Skoda's service is insanely high priced, for  an  Octavia service it almost costs 7.5k -9k.

Similar must be the case with Fabia, it must be around 5.5k for a single service.

As you had yourself mentioned in your post, "dealer won't service", therefore the reply to clear your doubts. Service can anytime be done, whenever the customer wants, needed or not is diff.

and every car that uses synthetic oil , needs 2 change it after 10k kms. there is nothing special in case of skoda and even others cars are serviced after 7-8k kms. And 10k kms is nothing these days , one drive 10k kms around in 4-5months

For a change speed finally appreciates his corolla !!! well i must point out that no car manufacturer cant match the japanese car manufacturers in maintainance costs.....germans are typically heavy maintainance cars.......my corolla first service bill was just 1500 bucks excluding repairs.....one of my neighbours is selling his 2 year old laura cause of high maintainance costs...he tells that no matter what kind of service the bill genrally comes to 8000-9000 bucks !!!

well i had totally opposite experience!

one of my friends drives a skoda laura, and he is pretty much happy with it.as far as maintainance is concerned, i said earlier also that skoda has a "little bit" high cost of maint. but it is not that a big a deal as the cost is not that high compared to other "Japanese" cars.

@Gurdanish, what? Laura's service & maintainence costs are extremely high, a normal routine service costs around 9000/- & in comparison Japanese cars , say even an ACCORD, which is a category higher costs 2000-2500/- for a service.

So much diff. is not "little bit", by any standards.

& less said the better about the spare parts, Laura's spares costs are highest in the segment.

Going by their track record, following might be the specs of the Skoda's cheap-premium carsmiley2.gif

*600 CC High Torque Petrol with 25 BHP. The "kid" next door having a pulsar will run around the car in circles.

*will cost around 3.5-4 Lakhs.

But what the heck, it will be the Rolls Royce among small cars and you will buy that for prestige!!!