fulcrum

Swift DDIS-abs or Vista Quadra

swift is better over vista only at sharp turns and corners' date=' otherwise vista is better in handling department and more stable too.

vista is full of features (i not sure if tata are giving an ABS option aswell?)

anyhow, vista is new and has recieved good reviews from experts!

[/quote']

Vista doesnt have ABS as of now. But quite sure it will be offered in the near future. There is a difference between Expert reports and long term ownership. I think we should give Vista few months time to live up to the expectation

swift is good to drive, but to sit at back it is too cramped, i think vista scores well over swift in terms of space.

@karanraheja -i agree we should give vista a litlle bit more time, so that we get the actual durability and proper report card of this car!

as you intend to keep the car gor 6-7 years, i would suggest you go for the swift. theoretically, the indica has more space and comfort, but down the line, the tata service is bound to give more headache! also, from my personal experience and from what i have seen, TATA products are not that reliable.

after a few years, styling and performance of the vehicle is not what matters. what is important is how the vehicle perfoms with age.

its fine if you plan to keep the vista only for 3 years. else i would suggest you go for the swift. maruti service is one of the best in the country.

thanks guys... seems like Swift VDI+abs is worth the situation given that 99% i will be driving the car and well I like the way alto handles predictably and i assume swift handles way much better. Swift VDI long termers how do u rate the drivers comfort during long drives. I am yet to get a td for vdi from maruti dealers

if u have so much good budget of 6-8 lacs  n u need a comfortable diesel why dont u take look at other bigger hatches??..like fabia' date='getz,fusion??smiley17.gif[/quote']

Vibhor

Fabia skoda A.S.S is a very well known thing so I would not like to comment on it.

Getz CRDI is another car i had a look, but then its a very little known product and if the situation is like this currently, who knows 6-7 years down the line and frankly, CRDI from Hyundais are known to last well only till 50-60,000 kms given the quality of the so called Diesel Fuel in India.

Fusion, I liked the concept, but 68bhp :P and A.S.S is so pricey and pathetic its just a distant dream to me..

i also wondered about cedia alpg, but its cost prohibitive :(

Japanese cars are expensive off the shelf and cheaper on the ownership

Ulta goes for American and European Cars

That leaves less to be said about Tata's and Mahindra's.

I disagree.. I still think the swift looks better. At least it looks proportionate. Also' date=' one must remember, the chassis is meant for a 1.6!! So it can take ALOT of abuse!! [/quote']

Cyrus

Do you own a swift ? and what does "meant for 1.6" means smiley1.gif

A Swift car named Dzire. Maruti's range of cars has come full circle with the launch of its new.Review New Maruti Swift cars in India with various car prices, specifications, features, car accessories and many more at Carazoo.com, India's First Car.Swift Car Rentals is one of the leading car rental company and providing top-of-the -line service in online car rentals services agency in Delhi.
-----------------------

jnnu

Swift is very good and even Vista is almost close. But when you say you have a budget of 6 - 8 Lacs, a fabia would easily fit in that budget. When compared, a Fabia is miles ahead of swift and vista in terms of performance, built quality, interiors, style and luxury. The Fabia provides interiors which cannot be compared with either the swift or vista. In fact the comparison cannot be done as both swift and vista are hatch backs and Fabia is a PREMIUM hatchback. Suggest you please visit the Skoda showroom before taking a call and understand at length the features in the Fabia

On the spares,  i am sure you must be aware that once you buy either a swift or a vista, you have to get its first three services done in a years time and one cannot afford slightly expensive spares so many times in a year. Besides, in the case of Fabia like many luxury sedans, the first service happens only when you have done 10000 kms which means less going to the service station which means less spares costs.

I am personally booking a Fabia in another 15 days after having done research on all hatch backs for almost 6 months now.

At the end of the day its which car make you feel happy. Fabia does it for me.

@Fulcrum- I think your friends might be suggesting you to give Vista more time to get a clear feedback. I think you should go for the Swift DDIS!

@Aptsat- Fabia 1st service at 10k kms is great. But do let me know how much you shell out !! I think Skoda s A.S.S is well known. Especially with a single wheel cap costing more than Rs.2,000!!!!! 

Go in for Swift DDis with eyes closed , Tata product is not going to serve good for 5-6 years. Indica would need another couple of generations before it can match international quality.

There is enough legroom for tall passengers in the front of Swift & it also drives well on highways with good handling, but anyway Indica has better ride quality.

@aptsat : i totally agree with you,as far as spares are concerned, when was the last time you went to a shop to buy a wheel cap for your car, it think it baseless to comment on spares on this issue.

i would suggest you to atleast give fabia a TD, before commenting on it.it might be a little expensive, but it will be worth paying that extra money. it is really pleasurable to drive this car, go ahead and experience yourself!

@Fulcrum- I think your friends might be suggesting you to give Vista more time to get a clear feedback. I think you should go for the Swift DDIS!

@Aptsat- Fabia 1st service at 10k kms is great. But do let me know how much you shell out !! I think Skoda s A.S.S is well known. Especially with a single wheel cap costing more than Rs.2' date='000!!!!! 
[/quote']

Agreed Fabia first service is 10k.. great....:) but then how much would you spend on it. Just got off the phone with Acumen Auto Pune.

Since they use only synthetic....

Skoda First Service 4-5k, second service 4-5k, thereon minimum 7k. Thats way to expensive.. Sales girl told me maint cost of 80p/kmsmiley11.gif

So fabia is out for me.. i cant afford ASS no matter how good it is on paper

Ok am back from DDIS Vdi test drive.

Demo car was run for 30k.

Clutch action was little harder than my alto but light nevertheless.. comparable to new Vista.

Headroom was awesome... i mean i had plenty of space above my head but sidespace wasnt comparable to  Vista.. Seats were firm and I was sitting straight up with fair visibility on the fron t and side barring someblindspots on the column near the rear view mirror outside wala.

Gear Shift.. Awesome... slotted perfectly without any drama. acceleration was amazing. Best part i liked was the steering. Felt good for me.. go. Swift felt lighter than vista.acceleration was vrrooooooooom after 2k. Ride was a notch below vista. We found boot space to be ok given the space as muchas alto or id say a little more i guess.

rear seat comfort was ok for me. but then no rear defogger or something like that etc etc. but the car felt in control through out the testdrive.. sale adv told me toput car in 2nd and press the pedal to metal and then brake i n traffic to jude the handling.  Yes there is a problem when reversing the car.. cant see much behind. but then why not park sesors etc.

vdi comes with mannual central lock with iCats so its fine for me from that perspective. Ah one more thing this demo car was rattling like hell.. god knows why. sales guy said sorry some loose panel in back smiley7.gif

Now interestingly sales guy says.. not to go with abs and save 20k. ( i dont know why, but the logic he gave also was right.. u are driving alto without abs..or for that matter only 1% of cars on indian road is w/o abs.so you dont really need it )

wait period 2-3 months.. agreeing to Jan09 reg just incase the car lands in Dec post 15th.

So now here is my ques for gurus...Vdi with Abs or without abs... does it make difference.

Well All swifts have rattles issues . And waiting period for Swift , 3 months ?

I can never wait for a car for 3 months after i have paid them the initial costs . And u never know after 3 months , many new good cars can be out . think twice before booking it , car rattles very quickly on bad roads .

Yes, eating premium is another obsession with Maruti, I'll always hate them for this. People here have a mentality of  following others (herd mentality) & this is what keeps companies like Maruti flourishing!

Good that you took him to Palio, more & more customers should opt for alternate choices, Maruti will itself fall in line!

infact he loved Palio , more over Swift .

Atleast its has road presence n that matters to me more .

Well Staying on topic

Do think before Booking the Car . As i dont think any point of waiting for a car for 3 months , which can go above 3 months also .