fulcrum

Swift DDIS-abs or Vista Quadra

no matter what the salesperson says, listen to your heart. they are just trying to puch sales. ABS comes into picture when it matters the most! so you automatially need it. its about you and your family, not the salesperson's!

if would still say, you go for the swift D, reasons being good service, cheaper service, fab looks, good interiors, fantastic performance even when compared to the much more expensive fabia, good FE and good resale value. the only negatives i see is a cramped rear seat, panel rattling and harsh ride quality.

the only worthy competitor is the getz CRDi but still i wpold vote for the swift D.

swift is overhyped car, just because it is from maruti stable, indian's don'want to think beyond maruti.

but i would suggest you to atleast go and try other cars also, coz its about your comfort not anybody else's liking for a particular car!

i assure you fabia and palio are much better and advanced over swift in terms of built and more importantly ride!

Buddy,

I'll suggest you to go for Vista Quadrajet over Swift... Because both share the same 1.3 MJD... But vista gives u loads of interior space. Performance is too close to Swift though Vista is heavier...Swift can not even be compared with Vista  in  terms of Space, Comfort, Interiors..Vista rocks with loads of space and Dual tone interiors... Regarding Performance and safety, Swift leads.. But Vista is not far behind in these sectors. TATA will soon launch the ABS version once they start exporting Vista AFAIK. Even without ABS, Vista is a safer car with tank like build quality which all TATA cars have. On the top of all, Indicas are the most VFM cars in small car catagory...

@Krace, tank like build quality does not translate into safety! Though I presume that the New Indica from the Tata's stable is the only safe car they ever made till now. Still they have to come up with its crash test details & data.

Vista seems 2 a good package

Main advantages

1. No waiting time , may b 10 days . atleast not 3 months

2 . Cheaper  than Swift .

3. TATA spares are also not very expensive and car is new so its will last for next 5 years.

4. Car is very comfortable , Seats r worth long journeys .

So its a nice package over all. And to end it , no car is perfect . So u need 2 look what you want from the car.  And a 10mins test drive shouldn't b only criteria to select a car.

@Speed . I agree that Tank like build doesn't means safety.. What I came to say is that TATA will introduce ABS shortly... So the car will be giving more safety when compared to Swift..

@Speed, We cant go for a car only because of ABS when we have alternatives with more features at less price...Swift is a proven player.. NO offense on this... But Vista surely provides more features on all aspects...Jus enter into the Vista.. U will not feel like sitting in a hatch or in a low budget car...Vista cannot be lowered only for not having ABS and swift cannot be given the crown only because it is having ABS.. I've driven both the babes.. 

i agree with krace on what he said. just take a look on the features list of vista along with its space, comfort and such a lucrative pricing. i mean you just cant overlook it.

i am not asking you to overlook the importance of ABS, but this must not be the only criteria of buying a car. considering safety, the general rule says that the heavier cars are more safer than lighter ones. this makes the vista a safer car (considering the absence of airbags in both cars). moreover, tata is going to launch vista in europian market. so, it will have good crash test ratings. just let the abs and airbags option come in few months.

i would still say that vista is far better car than swift.

Guys i have driven both quadra and ddis. To me i need a predictable handling car where swift excels. To me reliability matters the most, and thats where the DDis Excels. Vista has to prove itself and it will surely over a period of year. Ialso disliked the gearbox.

Frankly if you ask me, Swift DDis is a drivers car and gear shifting is a delight which I found opposite in Vista. its a little sedate..

In our large indian family, i had a privilege to drive many cars... Embera Petrol (WOW), Scopio, Safari, Indigo's Indica, Swift vXi/zxi etc etc. but alto is my first car in the stable, & DDIs will complement it.

So thats where favours are shifting towards maruti stable.

Not sure if all know...Vista's had been recalled for retrofitting umm something to do with Suspensions or like that I heard it when i was pricking the indica vista sales guys for immediete delivery. Having said that, Yes vista is VFM, but then everday you dont get a Superb Multijet mated to Jap gearbox :).

I am still waiting on final words on Vista before moving on with DDIS with ABS.

Apart from this.. can the chakkas which come with zXi Swift be fitted directly to VDi. Will it hamper ABS.(i read somewhere it does)

Thnx

I would advice u buy anything but TATA there quality is realy bad and even there servicing..........maruti is much ahead in both these aspects.I own a Tata indigo and have had real bad time with it .

i would still say that vista is far better car than swift.

I will TD the quadra again in a few days time to see it again however the scores with all of guys inputs and mine included stands right now at 2:4 out of 6 for vista vs ddis

@Speed' date=' We cant go for a car only because of ABS when we have alternatives with more features at less price...Swift is a proven player.. NO offense on this... But Vista surely provides more features on all aspects...Jus enter into the Vista.. U will not feel like sitting in a hatch or in a low budget car...Vista cannot be lowered only for not having ABS and swift cannot be given the crown only because it is having ABS.. I've driven both the babes.. 

[/quote']

ABS is a very important safety gear, you would only realize when when yo use it or when you need it. Anyway I never said that ABS should be the top priority in selecting a car, if its present, its a bonus & only safety concious & knowlegeble people know its importance.

If you read my posts properly, I mentioned that Swift seems to be safer as compared to Vista, as Tata by now does'nt have any safe car. But, alas you take heavy weight & build as safe, I can't say much, but that you are totally wrong in believing so.

Vista is a good car too, but not as good as the proven Swift, any prospective Vista buyers should wait for a while to give Tata sometime to sort out any issues that arise in Vista, as almost in all Tata products, niggles are an order of the day & updated models take care of them.

@Speed, I totally agree with you buddy.. Swift is a proven car..thats very true... but TATA is also showing constant improvements in quality and other aspects...

@fulcrum,

You can go for Swift with your eyes closed. But If u can wait a bit and hav lil confidence on TATA, go for VIsta

Fulcrum

Your proposition is absolutely right. You should not go for the Fabia. I think, your choice of Swift DDIS ( Suzuki is by far the largest selling car maker in India with great ASS) makes absolutely great sense. Especially when you have considered the following

1. You do not want a Volks Wagen Car ( Other Brands under the same parent are Bentley, Audi, VW and Skoda)

2. You are absolutely not interested in unimportant things like refinement, luxury, style statement, Brand Value, performance, features, safety standards.

3. You  already are sure that everytime you go the service station you will have to shell out heavy bucks or at least a buy wheel cap worth INR 2K while in other cars the savings in the services cost is so much that you will have enough to buy a second car. The last time i took my 800 after the free service period was over, to the authorised service station, i had to shell out only 5K for regular service and steeing greasing. This car has run only 9000 Kms in 2 years

At the end of the day, its your call and one needs to buy what fits in one's budget and which product makes one happy.

My objective was to suggest a co AAA member to make the best choice and  buy or at least consider a far superior product.