fulcrum

Swift DDIS-abs or Vista Quadra

Its my sincere advise' date=' opt for ABS, safety is paramount. If you do high speeds, its a must. [/quote'] \

well in city avg speed is 20-30kmp and on highway avging out to 60-80

vry rarely over 100 in todays scenario smiley11.gif

ABS is also beneficial in slippery conditions at slow speeds also. But bottom line is that ABS is an essential safety equipment & come handy when needed. If you can afford & are safety concious, why leave it!

hey fulcrum i would advice you that forget about abs and when u get ur car get your tyres upgraded to the size of swift zxi and alloys that should even the things out though if it would have been abs it would have been better....is 22,000 the cost of alloys only  or alloys+new tyres ???????/

i read whole thread and got to know that Fulcrum u said that Alto has better gears than Vista..Dude Alto/m800/wagon r has worst gears...Even Indica's gears are better than Alto's and definately Vista has much better than Indica's....so why to compare...

i read whole thread and got to know that Fulcrum u said that Alto has better gears than Vista..Dude Alto/m800/wagon r has worst gears...Even Indica's gears are better than Alto's and definately Vista has much better than Indica's....so why to compare...

Dude, you didnt get the context. I meant that the gears are easy to operate than of indica and vista, Indica is so rubbery doesnt seems like whether gear is engaged or not. Vistas might be cable operated with bells and whistles but it wasnt as easy smiley11.gif

ABS is also beneficial in slippery conditions at slow speeds also. But bottom line is that ABS is an essential safety equipment & come handy when needed. If you can afford & are safety concious' date=' why leave it! [/quote']

well abs will only prevent looking up of brakes for anti skid i think EBS is required , without which ABS won't work that effectivly

Dude' date=' you didnt get the context. I meant that the gears are easy to operate than of indica and vista, Indica is so rubbery doesnt seems like whether gear is engaged or not. Vistas might be cable operated with bells and whistles but it wasnt as easy smiley11.gif
[/quote'] ya am saying that only...its gear was easy than Alto's....was smooth...adn frankly speaking i found the gear shift almost same as Swift..Swift's might be little bit better but also after driving my getz, i thought that it wasnt as Precise as it should be and wasnt as smooth..It just looks cool and sleek but operation is not that good...

I got the new What Car? magazine and it concludes comparing the Swift DDIS and VISTA and declares the VISTA to be a winner.

Wow thats good news for Vista.Indica..

Can you share the comments made in the mag here.?

What Car? Magzine says:

"Beating a car like swift will take a solid hand and thats what Tata has delivered.Indica Vista is agreat effort frm the cvar maker and will ensure that you forget the old Indicas.Its modern and thoroughly well engineerd hatchback.Its much more comfortable and spacious than the swift and comes loaded with equipment.Even if Vista has no better plastics,rubber in cabin still a dissapointment,not fuel efficient as Swift, tht is more than compensated for by the VISTA's incredible price which is a substantial Rs 30k less than a swift diesel. VFM and Practicality are what VISTA has in spades, exactly what diesel car buyers aspire for!

Do check the complete competetion on the mag so that you can get a clear picture!

I always will support New, Improved, VFM as compared to tried and tested and OLD!!! I am happy that I am different!!

But nonetheless congrats for the new car buddy!

well abs will only prevent looking up of brakes for anti skid i think EBS is required ' date=' without which ABS won't work that effectivly[/quote']

EBD not EBS ! (Electronic brake force distribution), this is usually present in cars with ABS.

Locked up brakes is the main culprit in sending a car into skid, ABS would nip the evil in the bud, its also helpful on mud & gravel tracks.

@sarbjeet- i totally agree with you!

ABS actually comes into effect if you are driving very fast on a wet road and you apply full brakes, it will help your car to stay in control(road) rather than giving you a spin!

but its upto you, as far as i remember you had a budget of around 6.5 lacks, so if you car afford ABS go for it else go for tyre replacement with alloys.

but remember if you get zxi(ABS), you will get both ABS and alloys......its better to go for factory fitted accesories rather than modifying it later on!

well abs will only prevent looking up of brakes for anti skid i think EBS is required ' date=' without which ABS won't work that effectivly[/quote']

EBD not EBS ! (Electronic brake force distribution), this is usually present in cars with ABS.
Locked up brakes is the main culprit in sending a car into skid, ABS would nip the evil in the bud, its also helpful on mud & gravel tracks.

s i ment EBS ie , electronic braking system which integrates ABS + ATC (automatic traction control)

@Gurdanish, no, ABS comes into effect at slow speeds also & also in bumper to bumper traffic conditions. Its handy in City driving also.

Usually cars go into a skid & not a spin in absence of ABS & its helpful in dry road conditions also.

speed2008-09-18 09:06:12

not fuel efficient as Swift' date=' tht is more than compensated for by the VISTA's incredible price which is a substantial Rs 30k less than a swift diesel. VFM and Practicality are what VISTA has in spades, exactly what diesel car buyers aspire for![/quote']

Huh.. not as Fuel efficient as Swift D..? Is that true.. what are the milage figures being quoted for Vista ? Someone said that they were both same engines

@ speed

also u have to take into your mind that the ABS would not be so effecting in swift due to rear disc absence

hence if i am paying that extra bucks they need to put a rear disc with EBS(electronic braking system) instead of ABS

but remember if you get zxi(ABS)' date=' you will get both ABS and alloys......its better to go for factory fitted accesories rather than modifying it later on! [/quote']

Well I seem to have no choice here smiley19.gif Petrol doesnt suit me for 2000 od kms a month . had it been in range of even 1400 i would  have gone for zxi eyes closed. but Yes factory Finish is something we all yearn for smiley36.gif

@Sarabjeet, never heard of EBS, anyways TC is available in only handful of cars & those ones are really expensive. But ABS & EBD are present in economy cars , at a marginal price hike , if not standard.

I don't think so that ABS would not be effective in Swift due to absence of rear disc brakes. ABS just grabs & leaves the brakes thus providing traction, so disc brakes or not , does'nt make  diff.

speed2008-09-18 09:12:11

Same Platform for the engines, not "same engines"! they both are different! and when you talk about mileage, many things come into picture, the weight of the car, the aerodynamics, the Gear ratios the torque.. So it does not only depend on the Engine Alone.

As for the figures, after testing, Indica is @15.15Kmpl but the DDIS is @16.75Kmpl. If that makes a LOT of difference!

@Gurdanish' date=' no, ABS comes into effect at slow speeds also & also in bumper to bumper traffic conditions. Its handy in City driving also.
Usually cars go into a skid & not a spin in absence of ABS & its helpful in dry road conditions also.
[/quote']

with those thin tyres they are useless , i am telling u this because i have seen an VXI [ABS] swift spin on mumbai - thane expresway on mastic roads smiley1.gif

it was almost like an 720 rotation