fulcrum

Swift DDIS-abs or Vista Quadra

Any car can be made to swing, with or without ABS is immaterial. Its a safety gear for sane people.

@Sharash, because out of the 2 cars, 1 comes with ABS & one without & also there are people who treasure their lives.

Also, we are not "just" concerned about fuel efficiency figures.

Guys' date='

1. whats the best upsize for vdi+abs on stock rims if they permit...

the tyre size of zxi 185/70

[/quote']

What size does Lxi come with? If your cars size is more than that, then no need to upsize on same rims.

185/70 would be good enough.

speed2008-09-18 09:24:22

Guys' date='

1. whats the best upsize for vdi+abs on stock rims if they permit...

the tyre size of zxi 185/70

2. better headlamp bulbs...(which ones)

Hope fitting it doesnt void warranty etc.
[/quote']

the rims on VDI are 14/15 u can put either one

if u go for fatter tyres u will lose on economy but will be minor

headlamps , well go for philips 110/90 with cut-out , those are better and cheaper rather than going for xenons

Any car can be made to swing' date=' with or without ABS is immaterial. Its a safety gear for sane people.

@Sharash, because out of the 2 cars, 1 comes with ABS & one without & also there are people who treasure their lives.
Also, we are not "just" concerned about fuel efficiency figures.
[/quote']

@Speed, even i am not concerned about the fuel efficiency figures, Was answering a question by the post owner dude!

and does this mean that cars which have ABS take lesser lives than cars which do not have ABS??

I feel ABS is just a over rated safety feature, Ideal for cars used on international roads and exttreme climate conditions! (Both of which we are not aware of)

Completely wrong, ABS is an important & essential safety device, saving or taking lives is God's or Nature's job.

There are people who do not adopt new tech. with open arms, but I shall recommend ABS to every prospective car buyer, for its his & families safety involved. Little bit of stretching of finances can work wonders. Also, its much more important than spending same amount on music system & tyre upsizing.

i think at 22,000 for alloys+zxi size tyres is a good deal  cause

anywaysz alloys in market cost atleast 10,000 and tyres will come for

another 10,000 bucks in the market....well actually i really like the

alloy design of swift zxi,it looks quiet neat and pleasing to look at

and better you go for it....swift has really those under-nourished kind

of tyres....there's a bit of difference between the engines of vista

and swift though both belong to fiat but changes are- turbo lag before

2000 rpm is less pronounced in vista but on the downside it doesnt has

the speed rush after 2000 rpm like the swift has....swift is more fuel

efficient than vista though lot depends on driving habits....

I understand that saving lives is the top priority, but then in city traffic where you can hardly go over 30kmph(In India and unless you are racing!), does ABS help more than normal braking? If so then are the accidents far more lesser now compared to the number of accidents before ABS came into picture? (In India).

I respect your views on this Speed and Sg Sir, but i differ in the useability of ABS on Swift In India!

ABS is a sure YES YES if its on a much bigger and much more powerful car on much more improved roads and much more worse climate than India's.

I rest my argument!

@Sharash, yes, even at speeds of 30kmph or so, ABS is beneficial. Imagine your bumping into a pedestrian at 30K, you would be safe, but imagine the plight of that poor fellow & your safety will be compromised later, if that pedestrian demises, as you would be slammed with a no. of IPC codes!

Well no data in our country exists, but one can take a leaf out from other countries, which have made ABS mandatory, its not without a reason.

All cars need ABS, big or small, more or less powerful & whatever the road conditions.

@Sarabjeet, we are cheated because Govt. in our country is unaware & unconcerned, otherwise ABS should have been made compulsary long time back.

ABS + Airbags enhances safety, but even in absence of airbags, ABS does its job.

Well, I may not be as knowledgeable as you are, but then if i have to bump into a pedestrian(until its intentional), i understand that should be a accident and accidents happen in split second! and in that split second, i believe ABS and No ABS does not matter.

Well its all about perception of the person, I believe in something which i stand by, You believe in something which you stand by.

This time i am surely resting my case! smiley20.gif

No no I dont consider myself to be more  knowledgeable, there are many more members who know much more than me, Im still learning.

The Split sec. you are talking about is very critical, ABS can help you steer clear of danger.

Well you are right I shall stick to my stand, but I also take Hormazd's & FRG's word as final, I firmly believe they would too endorse the use of ABS.

well abs would help a lot

imagine if anybody was driving and a pedestrian just popped out on the road ABS would not lock wheels and one could turn change direction

but with no ABS the wheels would lock and turning would impossible

and that pedestrian would have to get it!!

Though Tata Indica Vista is a good car' date=' Maruti Suzuki Swift is a much better option. After all it is Maruti Suzuki. Maruti has a number of service centers across the country.

[/quote']

beg to differ but if u want statistic results tata are the largest car manufactures and have the most service centres in the country .

PS: this does not mean i am loyal to TATA , exept for the vista , indigo XL and safari i don't like any other tata carsmiley17.gif

well i would like to point out that in normal city driving abs isn't of much importance but on wet roads even in city abs is like god......every time after driving my zen(non abs) and then driving my corolla(abs+ebd) it feels as if zen has low quality breaks or something cause with abs the breaking is to precision and is really helpful for highway purpose..well if fulcrum can manage abs version easily he should go for it but if's a bit impossible then leave it !!!