krace

Reliable used sedan

Which will be the reliable used sedan to buy within 3 lacs??  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which will be the reliable used sedan to buy within 3 lacs??

• OHC (2000 to 2003)
    • Accent Petrol (2000 to 2003)
    • Fodr Ikon (2003 to 2005)
    • Opel Corsa
    • TATA Indigo

Guys plzzzz help me in choosing a good car. I ll be using the car for another 2 to 3 years and usage will be below 10000 Kms per year.. Hav to decide which car based on your poll only friends....so plzzz pour your suggestions

hello krace i am voting for Old Honda City!!!....its really a good option as used car!..or accent also not bad at all..but u can also think of it .. i didnt voted for it becoz its now becoming quite outdated......but its a good option!!ikon's spares i think will be quite expensive....corsa has been dicontinued n was a overpriced car..n used indigo i cant trust on it!! smiley17.gif

.......n hey just saw its ur 100th post!!Congrats!!smiley1.gif
vibhor2008-09-14 07:46:22

OHC, though is the best car among the group, but Accent is not far behind in terms of a decent sedan & you can get an Accent 2nd. hand for much less price than a OHC. The basic idea of going in a 2nd car is saving money, so I think Accent will be cheaper to buy & give good service for times to come.

accent might fetch you little price but its hard on your pocket when it comes to maintaining and its running cost.

also accent's engine will give you problems sooner!

city will be the best option always(if price is not an issue).

Maintaining an Accent is'nt heavy on pocket & its engine does'nt give problems.

I had a City & its spare parts are heavily priced. Also, OHC production has stopped long time back , whereas Accent is still in production, which indicates to better availability of spares for the Accent.

Buddies,

Thanks a lot for your responses..Till now OHC leads.. But I'm fearing about the spares since its production has been stopped long back.Please continue casting the votes...  I need to decide the car by this month end...

i dont think so spares of OHC 00-03 will be much problem...

...but i think they will be quite heavy on pocket....!

......i will suggest u to take a test drive of both cars ie. Accent and City....

n in whichever u feel good then go for that car..but i agree Speed that Accent is still in production n it will not have much problem of spares..!

City's the best...but if ur looking for cheaper alternative (& discountinued) car with cheap accessories and proper service: Esteem!!

As far as spares are concerend, when I can get easily buy consumables for a Fiat 1100, spares for an OHC and others should not be a problem!

@ Gurdanish: Just checked one out today, a 2005 w/ 23k kms for 3Lacs (will get it down to 2.5ish)...

Im also looking for a 2nd hand sedan for the driver to drive, dont believe in giving a new car to a driver...irrespective how good or bad he drives!

From available choices I will definetly suggest Old Honda City.

I have done that 3 years back. Have a second hand 2002 VTEC. its six years old now and still runs like dream.. Very reliable, fun to drive and the looks don't seem to age...prefer the ones with clear headlamps..

@Kinshuk -thats a good deal.

as far as a car for your driver is concerned i would suggest you to go for indigo (prefferably indigo XL), as it has best in class rear seats comfort and legroom!

but make sure that car hasn't done much of the mielage, as tata's don't carry uch of repo in second hand car market!