FuelRunGod

Long Term Review: 2004 Accent CRDi

Report Hyundai Accent CRDi 2004

Image297.jpg

The Accent was bought as an upgrade to our 2 year old Indica V2 Petrol LXi on March 8th 2004 from Jayabharat Hyundai, Prabhadevi. The staff at the dealership were helpful, but they did mess up the delivery dates and we had to keep calling them to get the car delivered on time

Key question FRG, what did you sell your Accent for? This would give us some idea of the resale value of the car. Depreciation is the biggest cost in car ownership. not many people realise that.

The Accent CRDi holds its resale value quite well. I bought the car for 7.46 lakhs and sold it to a dealer for 4 lakhs after 3 years and almost 90000kms.

And the very same car was being offered by another dealer for 5.10 lakhs. So the resale is good. But mind you the cars odometer was clocked by that dealer and it only read 35000kms.

Needless to say, when buying from a dealer. Assume that the car is clocked.

FRG

Manish nice review of the diesel Hyundai, but I' ve never driven one. Can you feel any difference with the three cylinder CRDi engine. Do the 3 cylinders mar any driving pleasure? Did Hyundai have a 2000cc 16v engine out of which it has chopped off one cylinder and 500cc??

@anjan: Infact the difference is refinement in a 3 cylinder engine. Every time I would start/stop the engine, it would vibrate. Mainly due to its imbalanced nature due to which it would also vibrate more than a 4 cylinder engine.

FRG

FRG,

few questions for u.

The Accent CRDi engine is said to be having a short life for a a diesel variant.  And many people i have talked to doesn't want to take 2nd hand Accent CRDi and those who are using want to dump it before the odo reaches 100,000Km. 

It doesn't stop there, due to the short life of the CRDi engine of the Accent, many are even very reluctuant to buy even a 2nd hand Elantra citing the problem with the Accent engine.

Now, what i get to see is that even you are selling it off before it clocks the 1lakh kilometer. If you don't mind, how much was the 2004 model worth?

Its all on maintenance. Treat it well and it runs without problems. I know of some accent crdis which are running more than 1.25 lakh kms without issues.  What you do have to protect it from is bad fuel. Fill only from reputed places, preferably company owned outlets.

I sold it off because I needed something bigger. At around 85000kms, the suspension, clutch and brakes needed overhaul, so instead of spending on these, I chose to buy a new car.

It was sold for 4 lakhs.

FRG

@anjan: Infact the difference is refinement in a 3 cylinder engine. Every time I would start/stop the engine' date=' it would vibrate. Mainly due to its imbalanced nature due to which it would also vibrate more than a 4 cylinder engine.

FRG

[/quote']

true... but once you go on a high speed the vibration become quite less.... but it vibarte most when in standing (on) state.

(own a jan.2007 model).. quite a good vehicle

nice  review man, i too own a accent crdi a maroon 2005 model and no doubt its a damn good car, it goes good with my professional image as i am a surgeon and as i love to drive i regularly see 150 km/hr on the speedometer!!!!... even after such fast driving i get an average of about 17 per liter.... i just love my accent... sad the company phased it.....