vibhor

Which was your first car ??

Learn't to drive in my dad's Amby!! My first car was a red M800 std, retro fitted with an a/c <Sanden Vikas>. Had it for 4&1/2 years and 45000 kms. Have pleasant memories of the car. Got my driving license in 1988, after I finished my postgrad, from PGIMER, Chandigarh.

Sure you did, Chd. is a fabulous City.

Its my maternal town too, so I too have fond memories of it.

My father worked in PGI long time back, I think in 70's. Dr. Santokh Singh Anand was Director then. Dr. Chuttani & my dad were close friends.

NZ is under UK....The queen is still the head of state...

Zal' date=' how are duties very less from USA?

[/quote']

Duties are the same no matter what country you are impoting the car from. I was just saying if Nz were LHD than I would import a car from USA, as cars in America are quite cheap compared to Nz.

I got lucky i guess! I was studying in the U.S. when i got my first car so it was a super cool Mazda Mx-6 run only 15,000 miles. Fully loaded - 6 cylender, leather upholstery, moon roof and alloy wheels. Got it at a very good price too since the guy I bought it from was leaving the country. Have some really good memories with that car.

Blue Ambassador in 1966, which we sold in 1972. That was perhaps the most comfortable car, we had. It carried our family, our Alsatian - Billu, friends and relatives and loads of luggage without complaint.

Today Amby may be outdated and some people may poke fun but those who have owned Amby, will endorse my views.

true akj53in..am with u!!...

actually i also like amby(but i havn't owned one).its a nice car...its excellent for indian condition!....it has build quality of a suv n design of saloon!..(some say that its rear seats are mst comfortable!is it really true??).....am just impressed  by the new Amby Avigo!..its great!...with refreshed exteriors n interiors!smiley17.gif