DARXIDE

forum member meet

just today i was wondering whether woudnt it be excellent if we could actually meet.

now i do realise that we all stay in different parts of our huge country.

but what if forum members from a particular city could actually meet up on a pre decided date(public holidays,sundays) at a pre decided venue in their city

And it doesnt matter at all whether your wheels are a 1985 m800 rust bucket or a 2009 bmw750i

L,1960 vespa or a triumph rocketIII

it will be an excellent platform for like minded folk like us to meet,exchange ideas, trade,partcipate in organised events and most importantly make new friends and upload images and videos of all the fun we had!!

Everycity can have their own exclusive autocar club.

im sure if this works out it will be refreshing break from our otherwise mundane lives.

though this idea of mine may seem far fetched to some, i sincerely look forward to positive support from our forum members.

great,we can all have our local forum member meets in our home towns more often(i'm from Pune MH).and maybe once a year or so we from all over india could meet~like those bullet guys or mahindra great escape.go ahead bro and spread the word smiley32.gifDARXIDE2008-09-17 18:47:17

yeah, nice idea buddy.. How to know the details of the location of all members? ..shall we start separate topics with the city names and the members from the respective city shows their willingness in the topic??  for example, Lets start a new topic with name 'Chennai'.. all ACI members from Chennai can show their interest in having a get to gather under that topic. They can also suggest the venue and date in their post... Final venue and date can be decided on majority basis...

But what when there are few members in the forum from particular city...Like there hardly 2 or 3 members from my city Surat' date=' Gujarat...

Mumbai.delhi/bangalore guys can have fun...
[/quote']

as i earlier said ,it really doesnt matter.we can always bring along enthusiasts who arent aci forums members.BIG things usually have small beginningssmiley9.gif

exactly!we can have really fun events like worst&best maintained car,piling up as many members into a maruti van or 800,driving day trips to interesting places,discuss interests(business,trade/barter,social,tech,charities etc.)some responsible activity like spreading seatbelt and helmet safety

yeah' date=' nice idea buddy.. How to know the details of the location of all members? ..shall we start separate topics with the city names and the members from the respective city shows their willingness in the topic??  for example, Lets start a new topic with name 'Chennai'.. all ACI members from Chennai can show their interest in having a get to gather under that topic. They can also suggest the venue and date in their post... Final venue and date can be decided on majority basis...
[/quote'] ok that might work

we can start a new new topic as u suggested like''aci members chennai" or "aci members chandigarh" and so on...

and once a city has at least 8-10 members who are willing to meet & participate in their own city(for starters) that should be enough to get the ball rolling
DARXIDE2008-09-18 10:14:31

Think I meet all the members from Lucknow everyday...in front of a mirror !!!smiley36.gif Or we can combine 2 cities: Lucknow & Kanpur and have 2 people..sgiitk & of course yours truly!!!smiley36.gif

But seriously guys, getting people from outside the forum would spoil the fun as almost every serious enthusiast is here...others would translate into local club memberships, where people just getogether for cheap politics! Screening is important in a country like ours...as we wouldnt want certain 'elements' to spoil the fun!

These city based groups can go really big!
Kinshuk2008-09-18 15:51:51

yeah' date=' nice idea buddy.. How to know the details of the location of all members? ..shall we start separate topics with the city names and the members from the respective city shows their willingness in the topic??  for example, Lets start a new topic with name 'Chennai'.. all ACI members from Chennai can show their interest in having a get to gather under that topic. They can also suggest the venue and date in their post... Final venue and date can be decided on majority basis...

[/quote'] ok that might work

we can start a new new topic as u suggested like''aci members chennai" or "aci members chandigarh" and so on...

and once a city has at least 8-10 members who are willing to meet & participate in their own city(for starters) that should be enough to get the ball rolling

Ok buddies..In accordance with our discussion I'm starting  a new topic named 'ACI Members-Chennai'..Similarly, Any one member from each city start a new topic with the same naming convention. Please do inform about the new topic in this thread.

i think poll would be better as said by speed....let every members mention their cities in bold letters and notice all that cities and put them into one poll...if its written in profile then its good other wise they need to mention..