Sandy

Tata Nano Diesel

Good News from Tata,

Tata Nano Diesel version roll out by September 2009smiley20.gif

Now news is out that Tata Motors is also gearing to launch its diesel version of Nano by September'09.

An industry source on condition of anonymity has said that the displacement of the diesel engine would be slightly higher than petrol. While the petrol engine has a 623 cubic capacity, the diesel engine could be around 690cc, as claimed by him.

The Tata Nano is a proposed city car

According to the newspapers, the TATAs are having a meeting with Karnataka CM Yedyurappa today since CM has promised 900Acres and more if required for the TATAs, since they already have land in the north part of Karnataka.

If this works out, The Nano can be expeceted to be on roads by Jan 09!

TATA announced that the Nano will hit the market in end months of 2008 and now, due to the Singur plant problems, the launch is expected early 2009. but what about the plant at pantnagar. a few test mules of nano seen on roads were produced at pantnagar plant.

is there no possibility of nano being launched from the pantnagar plant? and if the petrol variant hits the road in start of 09, i dont think that TATA will be able to launch diesel variant in same year.

Speculations are there that Tata Nano Diesel will roll out somewhere in September 2009 but I think with the accelerated pace of the company, Tata will roll out the diesel version soon after the launch of the petrol counterpart. Most probably in the first quarter of 2009.

i think  i heard the news the the Karnataka govt are offering 300 acres in Karnataka for Tata to manufacture the Nano and the place is near Dharwad , but this will happen only if its confirmed that they have exited from SIngur , i have seen the interview with Mr Ravikant ( correct em if wrong ) saying if they exit from singur then the produce Nano here in Karnataka

Cheers!!

......about the Diesel nano... wasnt it supposed to be a 800cc DiCor thingy?

You can take it as a foregone conclusion that any new diesel will be a Common Rail Turbocharged Unit, whether you call it DICOR (Tota own design name), Multi(Quadra)jet, CRDi, CRDe  or whatever.

1  lac is  ex showrom price for the basic nano.<with no features>

regarding deisel 693 cc it will be ace's engine .so we can imagine the engine's performance.so its better to talk about nano petrol & not diesel.

Yamaha: the engine is not going to 693... its going to be an 800 cc.

Even with the ace engine and the dicor should be a good option. ace is supposed to be a sub one tonner. with lower vehicle weight and loading upto 500 KG (max for 5 people), this baby should be a good ride. Ace does run pretty fast i must say.

only concern is the sound dampening and vibrations. but i guess that will be taken care of. this would also be a concern for the petrol variant isnt it?