manishk123

Swift Dzire waitlist scam

Maruti would like everyone to think that the huge waitlist for the Dzire is due to the unprecedented demand it has generated. However, that is far from the truth. The real reason for the long waitlist is the slow production of the car. Maruti is having major production problems with the Dzire.

Consider this - Sah & Sanghi, one of Maruti's topmost dealers in Mumbai was alloted only 20 Dzires for the entire month. This in a city which sees 250 new car registrations everyday! The situation is the same all over India with smaller cities getting between 5 - 10 cars for the entire month.

I dont know why Maruti just cant come clean to the public and admit they are having production problems instead of trying to garner false publicity claiming unprecedented demand.

I myself am still awaiting delivery of my Dzire that i booked in June. Dealer says it will still take another month as hardly any cars are coming in.

manishk1232008-09-18 11:09:14

Manish, the problem is Maruti is launching models where demand is almost way way more than their production. I feel Dzire was launched a tad earlier . Had they launched in Diwali they would have been able to meet the demand and they would have had more production by then too. Maruti is just thinking of sales now. I think anything above 1 month for wait period is quite annoying. Also i think dealers should not take a booking if wait period is above max 2 months. Quite ridiculous for buyers to wait 6 months !!!

I agree with you Manish' date=' this is an old game which Maruti plays & is a champion in it. [/quote']

Exactly this is an excellent marketing ploy being used by Maruti to make sure that their stupid innovation of attaching a tail to a frog , named Desire sells like crazy.

The Game:

If the car is not available off the shelf...and people have to wait to get what they want... the market feedback is " the car is so great that we have to wait for so long " so more people think that this is a great piece of machine and mor people line up to buy it.

Yes, I cant agree more, Maruti knows how to attract crowd to its average products. They know they can exploit the "Sheep mantality" among Indians!

Also, their dealers mint premium from consumers & must be passing on share to company.

Maruti must do a 'junkyard' sale of all it's old model's. When you have lot's of models of almost the same car, you are bound to have production problem's. They can scrap the Zen Estilo, Versa, Gypsy, Omni. Probably, then they'll have enough space for the Dzire. Hope they don't get dies for old Suzuki's from Japan and pass them of as new model's, here, aka Estilo. Wagon R is another 'dibba' that doesn't warrant the number's it's doing, marketing is doing the trick, but not for long.

True, this marketing trick of Maruti's is'nt going to last for long in the wake of impending competition.

I also feel models which do not sell, should be axed.

But bottom line is, whatever the case, its a purposely carried out exercise by Maruti to propell sales.

MSIL earlier MUL with 24 years experience in this grey area excels here, where it has created various new shades of grey for the grey market.

The way our people patronise them, MSIL could have also created a waiting list for the Zen Estilo after its launch in Sept 2006, by sending 20 to 25 cars to each city and 50 to a metro.

well manishji u r completely right...the big waiting list is due to less production...amazing to know in such a big city and such big dealers being given only 20 dzires a month to sell...complete insanity !!!!

And probably maruti is utilising the premium for quick delivery of Dzire to finance Mamta Banerjee to delay the Nano project.

This is what we call 'killing 2 birds with 1 stone'

Think over it fellow members and post your views.

smiley1.gif , surprizingly i had to wait 3 months for my Zen in 2005 and after they stopped production, Zen continued to sell for another 12 months due to over stocking in the factory.

Its MSIL marketing or our blind faith in Maruti that the company is bold enough to try such wierd things in highly competitive market.

Oh my god..everyone is complaining about maruti and its products..From the very beginning i have said in many posts that many maruti cars like Wagon r doesnt deserve selling coz they are crap but none of members agreed with me and see now many are saying that its selling due to tricks and not because its good product...In Dzire threads when many Dzire haters including me were opposed by most of the members and said that 'Do u think that Most people Queueing for Dzire Are FOOLS' and that meant that its class product..they said that atleast its selling like anything...

From the very beginning i have hated MS only...Actually Suzuki are better ones but Maruti is Crap its just that they are old and have goodwill..And still i say that most of the people buy MS like anything because of that Old thing that MS are low on maintenance and have best FE nothing else...because majority of people are not having the exact figures and knowledge with them and its general saying of maruti that works out..

But seeing the high sales of Dzire's even i doubt but then i felt its MS so sales can be there...but then i have also heard that in beginning months MS sold around 5000 Units of Dzire, now is this true...can anybody tell me the sales figure of Dzire till now..

And also Production problem may be due to shortage of Diesels(may be they are not getting diesels as per demand) and due to so many products almost all old craps in their portfolios and also as per their planning they are launching a new car every year so this creates production problem..

smiley1.gif ' date='

Its MSIL marketing or our blind faith in Maruti that the company is bold enough to try such wierd things in highly competitive market.
[/quote'] i completely agree with u buddy...also there is less room for improvement in MS compared to Tata and Mahindra...

Swift was Suzukis car but want to see true Maruti i think wagonr was...From beginning 800 to wagon r the one thing they never changed was its thin metal build quality and Gear Shifts...while if u see the records of Indica they have been doing some improvements from the very beginning till now though except Vista their products are not still to be talk about but i am talking about scope of improvemnt...Also See mahindra their latest scorpio is much better than their previous jeeps...With a Jap partner like Suzuki also MS cant provide world class products to indians..And being alone Tata and Mahindra are on World charts...

The biggest crap from MS is Maruti Van. It is the most UNSAFE vehicle on the road. In any other country it would have been banned, but MS knows the art of our decision making Netas and babus happy.

Early this year I had evaluated Dzire for purchase, but after sitting in the car for 5 minutes, I rejected it (although I loved the diesel engine ) - but that is FIAT so no credit to Maruti for that.

The biggest crap from MS is Maruti Van. It is the most UNSAFE vehicle on the road. In any other country it would have been banned' date=' but MS knows the art of our decision making Netas and babus happy.

Early this year I had evaluated Dzire for purchase, but after sitting in the car for 5 minutes, I rejected it (although I loved the diesel engine ) - but that is FIAT so no credit to Maruti for that.

[/quote'] I completely agree with you...Omni is just a crap but still selling well and i dont think so that MS will discontinue it say not for atleast 10 more years....People blame skoda for overpriced products but doesnt blames MS for such a crap...same goes for Versa and mini versa i.e Wagon R....

And ya heart is of Fiat..i say that thing only that alone maruti is nothing..if u like Swift and SX4(Looks) then both are of Suzuki, if u like Swift D then engine is of Fiat..So praise both Suzuki and Fiat but if u dont like its build quality and if u dont like many rattling swifts then Blame Maruti...Swift looks healthy like anything but see what its build quality is still bad and why so coz its made by maruti...

bluesapphire2008-09-19 07:58:11

Omni may not survive for another 10 years, because ..smiley4.gif

crash testing will be mandatory in the near future. See the year old Topic: Crash Testing Mandatory !! Amongst the casualties expected were the M800, Esteem, Versa, Omni. Ford Ikon and the good 'ol Amby. Subsequently HM came out with a statement that they will make whatever mods were necessary to make the Amby comply. 

sgiitk2008-09-19 09:35:21

Yes' date=' I cant agree more, Maruti knows how to attract crowd to its average products. They know they can exploit the "Sheep mantality" among Indians!

Also, their dealers mint premium from consumers & must be passing on share to company.

[/quote']

Yes! That's absolutely true. The dealer calls me every few days saying - I dont have the colour you asked for, but there is a cancellation in another colour. Only thing the car has accessories of Rs.25,000/- already fitted on (before delivery!) which you will have to take.

This is a complete money making scam the dealer is indulging in.

Yes, this accessories gimmick is played hard on consumers. They dump cheap accessories, which otherwise won't sell.

If you are not being served properly, take your booking amount back & look elsewhere, the days of monopoly trade practices are going to be over with new competition. Let them learn a lesson by loosing customers!

well akj u have a nice sense of humuor but the main culprit behind is maruti's product line...they are producing so many different models that their product line according to me is clogged..see for yourself maruti 800,omni,alto,omni,zen estilo,wagonr,swift and dzire,sx4,grand vitara and many more and no other manufacturer in india is producing so many different models...by next year their new facility is comming up which will solve the problem !!!

maruti has earned its goodwill it hasnt got it in entailment...the notion that ms cars are low on maintainance,problem free and fuel efficient still holds true though i accept that build quality isnt that good...as for the fiat engine it is being used by other companies as well...why did tata decided to power their indica with a fiat engine ??? because it has come to know that their diesel engines are completely useless and fail to attract good customers...i rest my case !!!