designersf

Oh Damn! No sales of spare parts!!

Im doing a project and i wanted a spark plug. knowing that this was used in Maruti's very widely, i visited the nearest Maruti dealer and to my horror i found that MARUTI does not sell spare parts to anyone outside!! He asked me to bring the car and get it rectified. When asked the reason, he replied that it was the new Company policy!! He never gave me a new spark plug but rather gave me an old one....

This is a big turnaround of sorts and is a huge disappointment for anyone out there....esp from India's largest carmaker...

Truly very disappointing, open market spare parts sale was one of Maruti's strengths, why is it turning around on this? But still there are many authorised  outside vendors, one can get from them.

Im doing a project and i wanted a spark plug. knowing that this was used in Maruti's very widely, i visited the nearest Maruti dealer and to my horror i found that MARUTI does not sell spare parts to anyone outside!! He asked me to bring the car and get it rectified. When asked the reason, he replied that it was the new Company policy!! He never gave me a new spark plug but rather gave me an old one....

This is a big turnaround of sorts and is a huge disappointment for anyone out there....esp from India's largest carmaker...

i think all maruti parts are avialble easily in market so why to go to company..

True. By doing this Maruti dealers will lose customers as even genuine parts will be available elsewhere. Not too good a move by the company. could be the dealer was unwilling to sell (for some reason) it and just made a statement with no truth in it.

I am not defending any delaer here, but the inventory management system in any Auto service center can not sell the part to anyone. They are ment for internal use only and spare part is allocated only against a jobcard that's opened at the time of recieveing the car at the service and the billing is done only after a jobcard is complete and signed by customer.....it is always difficult to get a sparepart from any delaer due to strict inventory management.

Yes, you are absolutely right, things are better abroad. Im completely for open sale of spare parts through dealerships.

Companies are minting huge amounts of money by providing excessively high priced spares through dealerships. Once, free trade starts, spare parts prices would come down drastically.

Yes I agree with Vivek' date=' most of the companies have a policy that forbids dealers from over the counter sale of spare parts.

[/quote']

I wish someone takes them up on the MRTP act. Ditto for service manuals. I have a right to maintain my vehicle whichever way I see fit, and cannot be stopped by non-provision of parts and details.

All dealerships have a margin of over 25% in spares, thats where they make money, and they allways sell at MRP.  So even by just selling the spare without a jobcard, they make good profit. But they want to make more by charging exhorbitant service charges also.

SGIITK is right that everybody has a right to maintain his vehicle as per his choice. But filing a case in Consumer court will be easier than going to MRTP.

I have a right to maintain my vehicle whichever way I see fit' date=' and cannot be stopped by non-provision of parts and details.[/quote']

I cannot agree more, yes, parts & manuals should be provided to customers on demand.

Maruti is the most Customer Friendly Company in India when it comes to the Availability & Reasonable Cost of Genuine Spares. Maruti has only finetuned the Supply of Spares to the Customers over the Past one year. MSIL has appointed Distributors for Maruti Genuine Parts all over India and the availability of MGP is better than ever. Because of the New Distribution system, the Dealers are instructed to stop spares sale outside their workshop.

Folks, what about an RTI application to the MRTPC. I am sure they can be exposed through this route. Who permitted vendors to indulge in restrictive practces, what are they doing about it, etc.etc.

designersf...why you are complaining maruthi & the dealer

if u want a spark plug just go and buy it from spares shop.soo..... simple  ..!!!

& if you want to buy a car or get it serviced or for test drives  then only go to a dealer.

for a  mere spark plug you went to a dealer ..i cant imagine.!!!

mauthi or any other manufaturer is setting up dealerships only to sell car & not their spares.

why you are unnecessarily creating problems for yourself.

dealers keep spares for the vehicles that is being serviced by them..

Some members might frown at this & say one liners do not add quality, but what to do if I fell like saying thanks, does it make sense to write 4 sentences in thanking?

So, thanks Harry.

speed2008-09-24 15:55:38

designersf

that will never happen .maruthi spares will be always available.because service stations other than dealerships get spares through local spares shop.not through dealerships.maruthi may have 800 dealers but there may be 5000 or more maruthi workshops/service station that too authorised by maruthi

how will they get spares..!!!

I have read in many places about authorised service centers. This thread makes me think whether genuine spares are available OTC. Although there are shops saying genuine spares available, those sign boards are ages old or could be just lying. I remember a genuine (at least told that way) part for my TVS bike. does it work differently for 4 wheelers?