jishu50

Esteem diesel related queries!!!

Hi everybody,

I have been going through the autocarindia forums occassionally and have found it to be very interactive & interesting due to the large participation by its members. So I thought it would be ideal to share my experiences with you all.

I am basically a native of Kerala and presently settled in Chennai. 

Recently I took a used esteem diesel with tud5 engine and till now i am not happy with the way the car responds especially driving it with the a/c on.

Having owned and driven only petrol cars like siena,matiz,contessa,1000,omni in the descending order of usage over the past years in chennai, this is the first time am using a diesel for my own.

Since Peugeot309 GLD is remarkably famous in our family in kerala which are owned by my cousins, I decided to go for the esteem diesel which has the same engine but was very disappointed to drive it with the a/c on, the car responds very slowly to the pace that is actually required compared to even an Indica. I have done the pump calibration, changed all filters including air,diesel and oil filters, changed all fluids also and still am not satisfied with the pickup of the car. The mechanic says this problem is inherent in esteem diesel.

Is it true??? Did anybody have similar experience or any suggestions,

Please share...

Thanks, Jishu

Hi everybody,

Isnt there anybody who has owned or driven the Maruti Zen or the Esteem or the Hyundai Accent with the Peugeot TUD5 diesel engine in the past???

Recently I took a used esteem diesel with tud5 engine and till now i am not happy with the way the car responds especially driving it with the a/c on.

Having owned and driven only petrol cars like siena,matiz,contessa,1000,omni in the descending order of usage over the past years in chennai, this is the first time am using a diesel for my own.

Since Peugeot309 GLD is remarkably famous in our family in kerala which are owned by my cousins, I decided to go for the esteem diesel which has the same engine but was very disappointed to drive it with the a/c on, the car responds very slowly to the pace that is actually required compared to even an Indica. I have done the pump calibration, changed all filters including air,diesel and oil filters, changed all fluids also and still am not satisfied with the pickup of the car. The mechanic says this problem is inherent in esteem diesel.

Is it true??? Did anybody have similar experience or any suggestions,

Please share...

Thanks, Jishu

Hi,

Since you have only used patrol casrs in Past ...adapting to a diesel car is going to take some time, because there is ta slight drop in the pickup in diesel engines.

Having a slight drop in the power with AC on is not only a Diesel car problem but this also happens in Patrol cars but its more prominent in diesel cars.

Diesel Varient in Esteem was not very popular and was discontinued by even Maruti pretty early in its product life cycle.