dakshsrivastava

Tips on Buying a new bike

hi all,

my name is Daksh.. and im rather new to bikes.

Ive been driving a Nova 135 for the past 2-3 years and im seriously fed up of it.

i learned to drive bikes a few weeks back and now i wanna buy a new one for myself..

Its not the power that im looking for..

the main points that im looking for are these :-

1)Style - well.. im a colg. student... so u can guess i need some style to woo off other bikers!!!

2)comfort - long drives, shud be comfortable on the back and shoulders

3)mileage - fuel prices are high.. c'mon i need a good mileage

i dont know much about bikes as ive just started off my quest into this unknown world of bikes.. soo id be more than glad to recieve knowlegde from the bikers here.

i have a low budget.. so cannot go for higher CC bikes...

i just want a cool bike that gives good mileage and the luks shud be be able to compete in the parking lot ;)

i dont wanna go for 150 less CC bikes.. dont like them.. and nothing more than that either coz that wud mean less mileage and ofcourse more cost..

anything between 50-60 wud be fine (if bikes are priced in that range of 150)

any suggestion / advice for me? :D

P.S - theres still like 2-3 months till i buy a bike.. are there any new bikes of 150 CC segment coming??

thnks, il look up the specifications of Hunk and try to compare it with other bikes.. but i hear the unicorn is awsome ... many many many bikers approve of it..

and why is pulsar so bad..?

i like the killer luks ..

i read here and there..  are those problems for real? i mean ive seen the back LED lights go out.. almost every pulsar ive seen, 7 on 10 pulsar have their back LEDs not fucntioning..

thats a heart break.. and i thought pulsar was the most killer bike on road... :(

hmm...

well i did a small research here and there ...

andd.. umm.. i didnt understand anything that the technical specifications said about the various bikes..

but, i think rite now, im keeping my eyes in the Unicorn and the Hunk..

both are equally good looking bikes.. but dunno technology wise which one is better... any comments on that?

The HH Hunk shares its technical specifications with the old HH CBZ. There's some tinkering here and there to give it a brand new 2008 look.

The Unicorn is truly awesome and underrated. Its the best in the class I can say.

The Pulsar apart from the quality glitches is getting dated and too common these days.

The R 15 from Yamaha is over-priced for what it offers. The Yamaha FZ 150 (launch due in October '08) will reinvent 150 cc biking, it is hoped. It will again maybe say "you have seen the crowd now meet the leader" like the Yamaha RX 100 said in its advertisements in the late 1980's.

I have not clearly understood whether you want to buy a bike of 150 cc or bike priced between 50 thousand to 60 thousand or the bike giving mileage osf atleast 50 to 60 km/l.

What I have clearly understood is you need a bike with good looks ,comfortable and decent mileage

If mileage is the priority then go for 100 cc bike there splendoe NXG is good or you can opt for platina also but that will not serve your requirement of differnet style ,so with style and mileage both are meet by XCD 125cc ,

though it is little bit smaller in size but new so looks different and best in class mileage but seating is not very comfortable but it is o.k. if performance and style more prominent then mileage ,you should go for Gladiator SS or Stunner or Glamour is also there but many people have that bike so not very different from others,and if you want to buy 150 cc bike then budget has to be greater than 60,000 as none 150 cc bike will come in less than 60,000 .In 150 cc UNICORN is good bike looks are decent, riding comfort is good and mileage is 50km/l,others are HUNK if style is the main criteria or Pulsar but not very different as many people have it ,there is also one newly launched YAMAHA bike FZ16 IT looks great but mileage and performance are yet to tested with time if you have faith in yamaha you can buy that bike but budget should be nearly 70000 for on road price.

I have not clearly understood whether you want to buy a bike of 150 cc or bike priced between 50 thousand to 60 thousand or the bike giving mileage osf atleast 50 to 60 km/l.

What I have clearly understood is you need a bike with good looks ' date='comfortable and decent mileage

If mileage is the priority then go for 100 cc bike there splendoe NXG is good or you can opt for platina also but that will not serve your requirement of differnet style ,so with style and mileage both are meet by XCD 125cc ,

though it is little bit smaller in size but new so looks different and best in class mileage but seating is not very comfortable but it is o.k. if performance and style more prominent then mileage ,you should go for Gladiator SS or Stunner or Glamour is also there but many people have that bike so not very different from others,and if you want to buy 150 cc bike then budget has to be greater than 60,000 as none 150 cc bike will come in less than 60,000 .In 150 cc UNICORN is good bike looks are decent, riding comfort is good and mileage is 50km/l,others are HUNK if style is the main criteria or Pulsar but not very different as many people have it ,there is also one newly launched YAMAHA bike FZ16 IT looks great but mileage and performance are yet to tested with time if you have faith in yamaha you can buy that bike but budget should be nearly 70000 for on road price.
[/quote']

what i actually want,.. is a 150 CC segment bike.. which gives a "decent" mileage and the luks shud be good.. not like the weird 100 CC bikes.. they suck too much.

Hunk and unicorn luk pretty good to me as of now.. unicorn has been getting awsome reviews.. soo.. i think il choose between these two only. il have to test drive first

Ya I also thinks UNICORN IS good bike it has good mileage of about 50km/l and has decent looks and riding comfort is also very good ,

HUNK has not very good mileage and it is very heavy though its looks are good,but after all it is your choice as you have to drive it ,better you take test ride of both

hi daksh! both hunk and unicorn share same honda engines. the hunk, however uses a new technology that makes the air and petrol mixture swirl into the combustion chamber, and hence, give good mileage and refinement.

as far as looks are concerned, Hunk is a clear winner as it looks fresh and is damn sporty. engine refinement of Unicorn is unbeatable and Unicorn has more upright seating position while hunk has a sporty seating position.

unicorn has Mono suspension that gives a very comfortable ride while the gas filled rear shockers of hunk are also quite good and soak the road imperfections well.

the mileage and maintenance will be in the same league. however, what you will get with the hunk is killer looks (STYLE), and the benefits of huge HH Network. So, just go and get a HUNK and look like one too.

yea..... thought about saving a few bucks and then buying the FZ 16.. butt... umm... then id have to wait for even longer.. but it wud be worth the wait..

havnt decided yet.. im thinking of getting a job as well to raise funds... so maybe that wud help me out on the cost part... how much mileage wud the FZ 16 give anways.. (i care sh*t about mileage and other stuff if its the FZ 16.. il just buy it blindly :P)