DreamTheCar

Nano in Guinness

Its time for Indians to smile and feel proud!

The ultra-cheap car, Tata Nano, yet to be launched by Tata Motors, has rolled between the pages of Guinness World Book of Records. This is great news for both the company as well as the country. Even before Nano could shine on Indian roads, it is shining in a prestigious record book.

Every one of us is aware why only Nano is in the Guinness World Book of Records. :)

It is the world's cheapest car designed and manufactured by Tata Motors. Regarding Maruti 800, my dear friend, 800 was never the world's cheapest car because this tag was labeled to some international car designed by Renault. And so not in Guinness! Isn't it a matter of pride? What say?

I am sure it will keep up the hype. Just roll out your imaginations on all Tata cars, they have always created a good hype and have been a tough competitor in the Indian car market. I am definite that Nano will also keep uo the hype and will have good response from car buyers. Most of the first time car buyers are actally ready to jump and catch hold of the upcoming Nano.

Its time for Indians to smile and feel proud!

The ultra-cheap car' date=' Tata Nano, yet to be launched by Tata Motors, has rolled between the pages of Guinness World Book of Records. This is great news for both the company as well as the country. Even before Nano could shine on Indian roads, it is shining in a prestigious record book.

[/quote']

How good is it for the image of car (already being labelled as the cheapest car?

i have also started a poll on the official tata nano community on orkut if someone wants to participate.

A Bajaj Auto costs approx 1.69 lakhs on road bangalore, for yellow board. There are thousands of Autos here...

Nano with a dealer price of 1 lakh (at introdution as per MR.Ratan Tata)say an onroad price of 1.25 lakh.

What may happen to Autos, if Nano touches full production

i.e.. production = demand

and finally becomes like Indicab.

NANOCAB

Deepak, you are right. It is very much possible to replace auto rickshaws with Tata Nano. Couple of months back, there was news that cab service providers in Mumbai are approaching Maruti Suzuki to replace local Mumbai taxis with Maruti Suzuki WagonR and now when Nano is almost at the verge of rolling out, it may get associated with the Indian cab industry. :)

A car as a substitute for Auto Rickshaws will be the death knell for the car as a personal transport. I am not too sure how will people react to it even being the Taxi of Choice!

I remember Mr. Tata saying he would not want the nano to be run as cabs. I am sure that is not going to happen in the inital run.

Indica too has succeeded as a taxi but not completely stopped selling in the personal transport segment. We could see 'nanocab' on the roadsmiley2.gif

Even if Nano goes the Cab way, still demand among private use consumers is going to be high.

It would be like in City taxis & might just change the inner city transport system.

As i mentioned earlier, Mr. Tata does not want that to happen. A company surely can restrict the registrations to private transport only. Anyway with the production very less as compared to demand, cab owners should not be allowed to buy nanos.

Getting back to the topic of this thread.. I think the Nano is something that we Indians should be really proud of having created. It has shown the world the cost advantage that india possesses to do the impossible.

While on that note.. I think the big political circus created by Mamta Banerjee is just shameful for such a path breaking product. She doesnt give a damn about the poor farmers, she just wants a platform to increase her own publicity.  I hope the people of bengal make her pay the price for this selfish behavior in the next elections!!