Vivek3009

Logan: 1.4 Petrol - Please Suggest

I am planning to buy a car with a budget of Rs. 5.25 Lac's.   I am considering for Mahindra Renault 1.4 GLS (Petrol). I would like to have suggestion from forum members to give me their advise will it be worth Choice. Also how is its performance. Fuel consumption, Dealer satisfaction etc. I am in Pune and the dealer here is not ready to give any discount - any tip how to negotiate the final on road price.

Thanks

Logan petrol is a VFM car. Its spacious & comfortable, performance is adequate, fuel consumption is in tune with competition & dealers are also okay.

Regarding price negotiations, this is festive season, so schemes & discounts are certainly expected. I think Mahindra usually offers half or full insurance free + some accessories with the car.

go for logan apart from looks(looks are also not bad that much), its a good sedan car in competitive price dont go for case model its very basic (no matting, no floor mats etc) Logan edge is also good choice, its only in 1.6

logan petrol 1.4  lacks performance & fuel economy.with its bland looks  i think its not worth unless you are a pour operator.its too slugish also it does not give you class leading economy.

go for swift DZIRE petrol lxi or vxi.with its performance ,efficiency it will impress you.

looks are better than logan &  good resale value.

only problem is the waiting period...

best wishes......

in your budget of 5.25 lacs, you can either buy a car that is loaded with features, has good space, ride, comfort and vfm i.e. LOGAN. but the performance, mileage, looks, and maintenace will be poor. moreover, there are just a few buyers of petrol logan. hence it will give you a lot of pain in selling the car in used car market and resale value will be low.

OR, you can buy a car that is not full of features but will give you great performance, mileage, better looks than logan, easy maintenance, better interiors, better image, huge service backup, decent ride and space (but not as good as logan), and a very good resale value. hope you would have already understood that its DEZIRE lxi which will be available around 4.7 lacs (ex-showroom). beleive me, you will stay a lot happier with DEZIRE.

dont just go for features. logan diesel is a very good car but petrol model is not worth buying.

I am planning to buy a car with a budget of Rs. 5.25 Lac's.   I am considering for Mahindra Renault 1.4 GLS (Petrol). I would like to have suggestion from forum members to give me their advise will it be worth Choice. Also how is its performance. Fuel consumption, Dealer satisfaction etc. I am in Pune and the dealer here is not ready to give any discount - any tip how to negotiate the final on road price.

Thanks

Hello vivek!!logan is a nice car u can consider it!..n also take a look at its 'edge' variant!it comes with very useful stuff!...logan has good fuel economy...but i dont know about the customer service of mahindra...so,personally ill suggest u the Maruti Swift dZire!..its overall an excellent package with excellent features which logan doesnt hav!!even as an option!..n dzire comes almost as same price as of logan!...am a proud owner of my maruti n i can say u with confidence that Maruti has superb customer service and dealer network!...so choice is urs ,but i ill suggest the dzire only!smiley17.gifvibhor2008-09-24 08:34:10

Dear Vibhor - Thanks for your suggestion. I will also explore about Mariti Swift Dezire - But the on road cost is little high when you consider the feature loaded models.

Which model do u own.? is it Dezire (petrol) ? whats the city & highway avarage? Yr suggestion pls. Also any suggestion for Tata - Indigo CS

Dear Vibhor - Thanks for your suggestion. I will also explore about Mariti Swift Dezire - But the on road cost is little high when you consider the feature loaded models.
Which model do u own.? is it Dezire (petrol) ? whats the city & highway avarage? Yr suggestion pls. Also any suggestion for Tata - Indigo CS
welcome vivek!.....

no..no!!..i am not a owner of dZire!!..but i have other cars from maruti!..thats why i was saying that maruti has superb customer and dealer network! 

..ya...feature loaded dZire is bit higher than logan...ask maruti for discounts on it!i hope they will give u disount on dZire!in dzire u will be getting great features which r only available in expensive cars!!...i will not suggest u the indigoCS...its actually nothing in front of dZire or logan!...it looks very simple ..just old indica with a small boot stuck on it!!smiley1.gif

.........or if u can wait .. new ikon is also going to be launch soon...smiley1.gif
vibhor2008-09-24 09:17:25

DEZIRE will give you mileage of around 12 in city and expect a little rise on highways. considering INDIGO CS, the LS TDI will cost you around 4.5 lacs ex-showroom. it is the best among all Indica-Indigo(not vista). the diesel engine has good mileage and decent performance with loads of space inside and boot space of 380ltrs. but it is not as refined as Dezire or Logan. buy it if you want a basic sedan at a very affordable price.

however, if you dont do high mileage, and can afford to buy Dezire, then go for it. if features are your concern, the you may have a look at VXI model that has most of the features that you would like. LXI if budget is a constraint.

i think you should be test driving both the dzire and logan petrol and buy the car which best suits your need...i have heard many people saying that logan petrol is not fuel efficient that is wrong cause even auto mags have admitted that logan petrol 1.4 and 1.6 are both fuel efficient !!!!