satishingle

Honda Shine

dont buy shine.its really a poor bike from honda.

ride & handlig is ok.but with the lack of 5 th gear engine is doesnt perform well after 60 kmph

.then after 50 kmph engine starts vibrating. engine is not refined.

mileage is in the range of 55-60 kmpl

i dont recommend the product .

instead u can buy gladiator or stunner

Dude if u r aiming for a hassle free ownership and will use the bike only for commutating purpose than look no further.Its pick up is good but after 60kmph vibration creeps in.Reliability,quality are top notch.My uncle is having one and not a single problem in one year.

Gladiator is a sporty bike and not as efficient as Shine,some quality niggle do exist in Gladi. Also seat is too soft for long ride.

Stunner though looks fantastic but mileage would be an issue as it is tuned to produce more power.

shine has very good performance and does 0-60 pretty quickly. te ride and handling are also good but gas filled rear shockers at rear would have made ride even better. mileage is okay and at par with the competition. service backup of honda is satisfactory if not great.

there are not many options available in 125cc category when it comes at buying a good all round bike. but you can also consider discover135 that, with the recent facelift and use of digital speedo, it is a clear winner. it satisfies all your requirements except mileage, which will be on the lower side.

now, its up to you. decide what you want for yourself and make a decison. both bikes are good in performing their role.

Dude starting trouble is common in shine and unicorn .

But its actually quite simple: the engine cools down quickly.So adjust your idle speed setting of the engine-keep it little higher in winter.

Use choke and once the engine warms up reset back to the normal setting.In unicorn the normal speed is 1500 rpm and from my experience i prefer to it to be around 1800 rpm in winter.Since shine dont have tacho so go to ur nearest mechanic.

Dude starting trouble is common in shine and unicorn .But its actually quite simple: the engine cools down quickly.So adjust your idle speed setting of the engine-keep it little higher in winter.Use choke and once the engine warms up reset back to the normal setting.In unicorn the normal speed is 1500 rpm and from my experience i prefer to it to be around 1800 rpm in winter.Since shine dont have tacho so go to ur nearest mechanic.

not only Shine and Unicorn but also my CBZ Xtreme has same problem and I always have to adjust the RPM setting on my bike.

smiley2.gif buddy, Uni, Xtreme and Hunk --- all basically share the same engine with some fine tuning to produce more power in the latter two. This engine has been specially designed for indian summer with two wind flow tunnel around the cylinder. but the engineers seemed to forget along with summer india has got chill winter as well. smiley9.gif