Zal D

Yamaha FZ16 Thread.

I had YBX (the 1st 4-stroke from Yamaha). I recently gave it to my cousin. When I was looking for a new bike, FZ16 and R15 grabbed my attention first. I had to knock of R15 from my list due to its premium pricing.

F16 has the look...made for men characters...the style...performance. Since I wanted more power, I didn't chose F16 (otherwise my wallet was on it). After looking at various bikes...Apache RTR Fi, P200, P220 and ZMA. I finally booked ZMA. I liked the vehicle for its reliability, highway cruising, power and style. There were a lot of news about new ZMA being planned by HH, but I think all these are just rumours....Looking forward to my ZMA to be delivered by later next week...

Well good choice made...I own that bike and i still love it and i recommend it to choose over Apache and especially pulsar range's...It still has many things in it which is still unbeaten by latest entrant P220 like ride, handling,looks, etc...Although HH should launch the new Karizma or any bike in 225-250+ segment but god knows when they will do it..I love the looks of Fz16 but yes it needs more power if you are in 200cc+ segment to buy a bike..bluesapphire2009-03-01 12:07:02

hi guys..its been a long time :P ...and its time for me to write a review on my FZ..my FZ is more than 4months old now..it has done 3400+kms..second service was done few days back..the bike feels the same as it was when new..no squeeks no loose nuts and no electrical faults till now..performance is excellent compared to Honda Unicorn and latest Pulsar150..the bike accelerates fast to 100kmph..low end torque is great with easy wheel spins n burn-outs ..top speed i achieved was 114kmph in single...and 108kmph with pillion..the bike didnt go any faster than 114 n 108 :P ...braking and handling is the best in the FZ..late braking and carrying higher speeds n scrapping footrest in twisty roads are so simple :lol: ..im getting average of around 40kmpl..i use normal unleaded petrol..the fuel knob is very hard to operate..its almost impossible to change from ON to RES using your left hand while riding :roll:..i had a puncture in my rear tyre few months back cause of a small piece of metal plate..i was lucky to find a tubeless tire repair shop close by...repairing the puncture in the rear tubeless tyre took just 2minutes but costed Rs100..100rupess for one puncture in a tubeless tire!!..the only thing i hate in FZ is the placement of front no.plate..i hav removed it n i fix it only wen i go to high police checkin areas..i hav'nt stuck any stickers on my bike..i hav my saree guard n mirrors removed..i think it FZ looks cool without them..i think yamaha is trying hard to market their brand..i get frequent sms from yamaha about yamaha bikes winning awards in India..and once i got a call from yamaha after the first service,a guy enquired whether i was satisfied with the bike and service..i hope yamaha increases the no. of service centers in chennai.. :roll: DSC01465.JPGDSC00290.JPGDSC00371.JPG

Yamaha today launched a new variant of FZ-16 called FZ-S. The new FZ-S is a stylish macho street sighter. FZ-S highlights the style quotient and has more flesh to flaunt with purely European international design like new colours and graphics, aerodynamic chiseled windshield, stylish and sporty carbon pattern meter consol, and more aggressive looking headlight. The new FZ-S is for stylish and attention seeking Macho man. FZ-S scores high in looks not only in its segment but beyond and is designed to satiate the need for style and fashion by riders. Etched with style and geared to today

Though the front visor looks good, i like the single coloured FZ in red,black and orange rather than 2tone finish..Although both these shades looks stunning..

But from FZ-S, even Yamaha entered into leagues of HH, Honda and others to give some sticker job and call it SPORTS model..bluesapphire2009-03-05 10:14:42

yeah...its not at all impressive.

i would still go for the basic FZ-16.

the sticker job doesn't suit the bike at all..:|

though m least bothered until something is worked upon the engine and performance but still..

I think Yamaha is in the right track in terms of attracting young buyers. This bike is a sure killer on the street with the new color schemes. Those who love a sportive look, will put their money on FZ-S for sure. Though I liked FZ, I felt it's bit pricey. Now FZ-S is going to be more expensive by addl. 2k. FZ-S should be around 75k on-road in Chennai. You will get HH ZMA for 80k on-road in chennai which has got more power from its 225cc engine....decide wisely smiley2.gif

Hi Friends,

It has been a while when FZ16 was launched. I am sure many of you would have covered lot of distance with it. Could you pls share your ownership experiences so far with your ride. How has been the journey with it so far...good points & not so good points. It would help people like me to make a informed decision about their next purchase.

Right now I am in a delimma between Unicorn & FZ16. Though I am yet to take a testride of both. Would appreciate your valuable inputs!

Regards

FZ 16/FZ-S is 153cc. No plans in near future for new bikes. But there is a rumor of a performance bike above R15' date=' just rumor, not confirmed.[/quote'] thanks crazycat

the thing is that i like this bike a lot..but the thing which disappoints me is '150'cc engine...

It is quite capable flASh. It has plenty of torque in low and midrange and you can stay ahead of all bikes in city traffic. The only concern is top-end performance, but it is on par with 150ccs.

the point is that i have 95% of highway riding...so i kept my hands of FZ-16 and was eagerly waiting for it to arrive with atleast 180 or 200 cc powerhouse...