Zal D

Yamaha FZ16 Thread.

From the reviews, it looks like this bike is going to rule the 150CC segment. It packs style, performance, handling, power and decent mileage. What more does a 150CC bike buyer wants? CUSTOMER SERVICE I think.

@Tappet, here in coimbatore they said that the minimum booking amount is 5000 all over India. There should be some mistake taken place or the dealer in order to get more bookings, should have done so. Pay the full amount and wait for next lot to come. If you are not getting it, then you make a complaint with Yamaha through website or so and also check with other dealer(if available).

Here actually they treated me quite well. The sales person called me almost everyday for the last two weeks. I believe that, if you make a complaint with higher authorities, they will respond as a goodwill issue(as they are building the brand's reputation)

Keep us updated...

after experiencing the worst customer service from yamaha even at the time of delivery, i finally got my FZ today!!!smiley10.gif..its a brilliant piece of engineering!!smiley20.gif..

smiley25.gifwats the recommended tyre pressure for both front and back tyres..for both single and with  pillion rider??....i did not get my owners manual,toolssmiley13.gif..

@tappet

congrats dude.. even here in bangalore also i experienced the same problems man.. yamaha service is pathetic..i got my bike last week still they didn't give user manual & tool kie and am facing new problem with the bike since the day i brought my bike..

enging is stopping without acceleration in 1st gear even holding the clutch.. donno whats the proble.. am going today to check with the dealer..

heck what a stupid bike i brought yaar... i never faced these types of prblems & service issues with HONDA UNICORN..

Finally i had a test ride of the FZ16 at Pacer Motors, Bangalore.Some of the observations from my side:

Looks:

Macho'ish looks and that lovely exhaust steals the show.Enough to set pulses racing.

Engine Refinement: The bike felt as refined as the R15 but with a more throaty roar.Even at high revs it never felt strained.

Stability. At slower speeds the bike needs to be nudged more as compared to other bikes in its segment.But once speed builds up it is immensely flickable and with that monstrous 140 section tyre the bike was extremely stable.All in all a very good handling machine.

Power: Well this is the most tricky part. Power/Performance cravers would be disappointed, somewhat.But make no bones about it the bike sheer torque did keep me busy.I went to test ride the bike with to-enjoy-bent of mind and i was not expecting a fireworks a la RTR. The bike is definitely not as fast as the RTR but it's as fast as the UG3 or the Extreme. And yeah,this bike takes the cake when it comes to fun-to-ride factor(low and mid range).In this case, even the RTR would trail as it's more of a screamer at high revs.

The way the FZ made power at top gear at slow speeds did impress me.In city riding would be a breeze in this bike.

Dislikes:

Display LCD:I really don't know what was the reason for the illegible tacho display which would require a lens to view during daytime!! You just won't notice it while riding.

Power at higher rpms did seem to taper off more rapidly.May be because the bike's engine character is more for city runabouts.

VFM:This is tricky question.Whoever prefers looks over performance should surely go for this bike and others should look elsewhere or should wait. My friend was not that impressed especially when pricing is taken into account.75k-on road is somewhat steep but hey you don't have any other product like this,Period!!

The bike is indeed a good product from Yamaha and it did impress me more than the R15!! smiley2.gifsmiley36.gif

I do like the looks of FZ...but the performance figures makes me worry...

BTW, Nice review Chicane smiley1.gif

@tappet & jmsr80, Congrats for your new bike buddies... Be safe while riding.... Happy motoring smiley20.gifsmiley1.gif

krace2008-11-01 10:38:22

thanks for the tyre pressure info.

.on the day i brought the bike from showroom i had my friend in the pillion seat..i heard lot of road noise(like the sound coming from the tyres of a fully loaded lorry cruising in highway) from the rear tyre, while riding in slightly rough surface ..so i thought there must be less air in the rear tyre..yesterday evening i filled air in both tyres.i was shocked  to see the front had only 18psi and the rear had only 23psi...then i kept 28 and 33psi as u guys told.

BUT still i hear road noise from the rear tyre when riding with pillion in slightly rough surface..there is no sound while riding single...

....any of u guys heared the tyre noise???

congratzzzzzzzzzzz man ............have fun with ur FZ ........do u know how many bikes they were delivering when u got ur bike ...coz my priority no s 101 ..and they r not informing me anything abt the status ........so if am sure how many bike has come na would go to show room directly and check it out ........and what colour s ur bike dude ???

@tappet

congratzzzzzzzzzzz man ............have fun with ur FZ ........do u know how many bikes they were delivering when u got ur bike ...coz my priority no s 101 ..and they r not informing me anything abt the status ........so if am sure how many bike has come na would go to show room directly and check it out ........and what colour s ur bike dude ???

hey sandy,

hav u paid the entire amount for yr FZ..?

pay the full amt a keep on asking him everyday...they r not following the priority order in delivering bike..if u pay the full amt first u wil get the bike first...that priority no. is uselesssmiley7.gif

I found an error on FZ's speedo. The readings start from 0,3 and then 5(as far as I have observed).

The bike under hard deceleration gives a sound through the silencer that is so nice to hear(like sports bike).

@Vibhor, the bike is available in three colours, Red, Black and Orange. 

Crazy cat2008-11-02 16:16:23

My small review on my 2days old YAMAHA FZ.

I say, FZ is a brilliant piece of top class japanese engineering marvel.

LOOKS- we all know it looks awesome. the way to my home from the

showroom is through the heart of chennai city..traffic and more traffic

everywhere..i was a bit nervous while riding through the traffic and

waiting in signal and in fuel station..coz almost every people on the

road were starring at my FZ..many asked, how much?..many asked, wat

mileage?..some asked about the make and model name...some commenting

its as a modified bike with bajaj eliminator tyre...and there was one

guy who said ''sir ,remove the front no. plate, it looks bad''...all my

friends were going crazy on seeing my FZ especially on seeing the size

of rear tyre and the muffler...quality of finish is excellent.......FZ,

a real show stopper!!!!

COOL STUFF's- they say the FZ spent 6 months in wind tunnel to get

perfect aerodynamic design..the head light beam is bright and the small

parking light at the bottom of the head light looks really cool in

night time..the digital speedo is nicely designed, but the digi-RPM

meter is not very responsive to throttle twists, a little bit slow to

respond, but accurate..the handle bar is very wide and flat,comfortable

to hold.the handles are so wide that after riding my FZ for an hour and

then riding my brothers RTR ,the RTR's handlebar felt like its only

half the size(wide) of FZ's handlebar...seat is comfortable for 2..i

think the pillion rider has to worry in rainy season coz the rear

mudguard is non big enough...the rear tyre is very very wide..RTR's

rear tyre looks like a bicycle's tyre wen parked beside FZ...

ENGINE n PERFORMANCE-with gentle push of start button,the engine

comes into life(like H.Unicorn-fraction of a second & not like

B.Pulsar, where u hav to hold the start button for 2seconds)..its

smooth n silent n refined..almost like honda unicorn..gear box is slick

n precise, no false neutrals..silencer exhaust note sounds like

slightly loud honda unicorn's exhaust note, more bass...at time of

delivery my FZ had 2km in odo..now it has done 95kms...i did not cross

5500rpm in each gear.. .engine is very responsive..performance is

good..but i felt RTR performing slightly better while riding under

5500rpm rev range.. the very low end pulling power of FZ is better than

RTR (rtr struggles in low end unless u twist the throttle ..FZ does it

without missing a beat)(FZ pulls easily in lower rpm's in each gear

than RTR)...

max. speed i went is 64, engine was very smooth(no vibes)n calm at that speed..

front disc brake is very effective, rear brake is good..seating position is like CBZ-X or Hunk with little wider handlebar.

UNCOOL STUFF- the horn, sounds like scooty pep horn..front

no.plate(i hav yet to register my FZ..wil remove the no.plate after

reg.)..saree guard-wil remove it too..

--WHATS the REAL NAME of this bike???FZ or FZ16?? in the entire

bike i can see only the name FZ(on both side of the tank)..nowhere it

is written FZ16..wat the??

i did not check the fuel effeciency..wil update wen i check it ...

Hey tappet congrats on your great bike. Red color looks the best on the FZ.

The headlights do they run from the battery or is it running from the engine (AC generator)?

tanx Zal,

yes dude,head lights,horn , indicators r connected directly to the battery..so u can turn on the key n use the head light without starting the engine..  but wen we use it without starting the engine,the battery drains faster...i had the problem in my HHambition..