mohinder

Fabia Hydrostatic lock??

My car got struck in the flood water and the engine stopped. the service personnel said that it is a case of Hydrostatic lock and took 18 days to repair it. Before delivery they said the engine bearings can get blocked any time and when it happens the engine has to replaced. He also said that the insurance will not pay for it. what should I do Now? Please help. Skoda 24 Hour customer care is not responding despite several calls.

Insurance has sanctioned its part payment. the total bill is Rs. 30, 785. Insurance is paying 19000. But the problem here is - before delivery the service engineer told me that the car's engine bearing can get blocked anytime. And Iwhen it happens I have to relace the engine at my cost. Isn't this totally ridiculous? 

For Bearing,you dont have to replace the whole engine!it can be replaced individually too.For the better,replace the bearing now itself.My family's Octavia too had this flood repair,bill was 45K.If its Mahavir Skoda in hyderabad,be doubly careful.Unfortunately there is no other better authorised dealer .

ya its really unfortunate that there is only one dealer. Skoda is risking its brand image and reputation by having only one dealer here. And they gave me oral assurance that nothing will happen. I m not at all satisfied with Mahavir and Skoda main office for the manner in which they handle customer concerns.

Insurance has sanctioned its part payment. the total bill is Rs. 30' date=' 785. Insurance is paying 19000. But the problem here is - before delivery the service engineer told me that the car's engine bearing can get blocked anytime. And Iwhen it happens I have to relace the engine at my cost. Isn't this totally ridiculous? [/quote']

Why don't you ask the service center to replace the part that  they think may creat such problem, and get it billed along with the job that has allready been done on your car. That should save you some money, and give you some peace of mind.