Gurkha

The Countdown to Nissan

http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/09/27/the-countdown-to-nissans-global-super-coupe-begins/?ex=1191643200&en=81c1e7e7cc9e2d43&ei=5070&emc=eta1  

Officially, Nissan will introduce the GT-R at the Tokyo Motor Show on Oct. 24. Unofficially, the GT-R has already been spotted in Germany, California and Arizona. Recent spy reports from the Nurburgring clock the GT-R at around 7:38, roughly two seconds faster than the current Porsche 911 Turbo. FuelRunGod2007-09-29 20:39:35

Nissan-GT-R-533.jpg

Man it looks wild even with the camouflage. As per the link, the damn thing is faster than the 911 turbo around the Nurburgring by 2 seconds. (7:38)

EDIT: oh just saw gurkha has mentioned the Nurburgring part already.

FRG
FuelRunGod2007-09-29 20:40:33

look and see if you can spot a pic of the last tokyo show

must have been 10,000 journos around the car  !!!

GODZILLA is back !!!!

now all we have to do is wait for the Japanese mods - the jap restrict bhp figures

I can't wait. I hear they've ditched the V10 for a twin-turbo V6, but have still managed to push 500+ bhp from the thing. A ditch I'm more happy about is that of the name 'Skyline', it's become a bit... queer. And that it's targeting things bigger than the 911 Turbo. It's quite cool and very Japanese the way they're building hype for the car using videogames. Sony's Gran Turismo 5 will feature a covered up version in the demo (prologue), like the pic above and EA's NFS:Prostreet demo features the 'concept' version. The full versions of both games will release co-incidentally with the GT-R launch and so will feature the actual car... ingenious way of leaving us hanging...

launch.png