yamahaR15

linea spied

Linea if priced right, could be the real nemesis to the new honda city considering that the Linea will have a diesel option too. I'm sure the Linea will feel much more solid/sturdy and would have better ride quality than the Honda.

'Nice car, Bad company repo' sums it all. No matter what; Fiat has to make amends for all it's mistakes, so even after soo many years it's nowhere to be seen. 'Linea or No Linea' it has it's job cut out. Without any dedicated dealer support, it will be left floundering where it is now.

the car looks good to me.

sources like magazines and web sites say that the linea will compete with optra, corolla, and civic but i feel that it should target sx4, fiesta and verna rather. or may be city as its more expensive than the c segment cars.

however, beating a city is very tough task and fiat should leave no stone unturned to get its competitors.

If only FIAT packages this car intelligently, it may have all the qualities to take on new CITY. While I dont question the good points of Honda, they are charging too much premium only due to absence of serious competition.

Come on FIAT, atone your mistakes and give us a City beating package.

It has been spotted for a long time...its almost here

FIAT is in no position to  compete with any of the Indian player's. It has to inspire confidence in it's buyer's by sprucing up it's after sales and service. And open a dedicated dealer network; easier said than done. No one would be ready to become a FIAT dealer after the bitter experience of the past. Basically, FIAT has to entice buyer's with a "buy one get one free" tag line if they have to ever sell car's here in India. FIAT in India, has dug it's own grave and all it can do, now, is R.I.P.

It has been spotted for a long time...its almost here

FIAT is in no position to? compete with any of the Indian player's. It has?to inspire confidence in it's buyer's by sprucing up it's after sales and service. And open a dedicated dealer network; easier said than done. No one would be ready to become a FIAT dealer after the bitter experience of the past. Basically' date=' FIAT has to entice buyer's with a "buy one get one free" tag line if they have to ever sell car's here in India. FIAT in India, has dug it's own grave and all it can do, now, is R.I.P.
[/quote']

indian car and bike buyers have become very smart in making a purchase decision and if any company offers a good product with good features at good price, then they accept it open hearted.

for instance, yamaha was perceived to be a good for nothing company and none of their products could sell in market. however, YZF15, being a brilliant bike sold like hot cakes(in its segment) although being priced high. also their FZ16 is being liked by all and is evident from our forum.

Renault was a new company in India but Logan diesel was open heartedly accepted as it is a very good overall package. on the contrary, maruti versa and zen estillo did find very few takers as they are poor products.

its not the company that influences the purchase decision alone - its the overall product. however, i do agree that good dealer network is also fo prime importance. and fiat, along with the help of tata's huge network support, should be able to satisfy the needs of their customers.

@hsb sx4: that's what I mean: Indian's are not stupid enough to buy FIAT product's; from past experience. You don't start a dealership wind it up and pitch your bandwagon with someone else and hope for people to come thronging to buy your product. Linea even if it's priced right will sell, probably in moderate number's for some time and after the inital 'novelty' wears thin, it will go the Palio way. Now, how many 'new'  Palio's do you see on road's these day's? Fiat has shot itself in the foot, not once but many times and the curse of it's old client's will haunt it for a very long time. Nothing, less than a miracle can save it, in India. The way they are playing 'Tweedledee Tweedle dum" with the Linea launch will not do it any good. The new Indigo is already waiting in the wing's, to swat it like a pest and if it has to share floorspace with an Indigo: come on tell me would you buy a Tata or Fiat. For me Tata is the better of both evil's and it's Vista has won rave review's from one and all; that doesn't augur well for it's overweight and old looking Palio 1.3 MJD, does it.

All that disuise is making a great looking car really ordinary, anyway the company wants it to be disguised so can't do anything about it. I just hope Fiat launches a version with a good powerful engine but the chances are bleak, but I still hope.

Autocar India Oct-2008 issue reports that Linea will be launched in December. Still 3 months to go. The same issue reports that ANHC has good low end torque and the car handles well. It has good power too. And the Honda service and resale being much better, I'm not seeing any reason why I should go for Linea unless they plonk some powerful engine, at least on par with ANHC.

Why are we so worried about the dealer network? Isn't Tata Motors (second largest dealer network if I am not wrong) supposed to be taking care of that? Spares are available too (lead times are not better but comparable to a few other brands too). Has anyone checked out the new look signboard? looks real swanky. I'm sure both (Fiat and Tata Motors) are changing for the better. Fiat wouldn't have brought the 500 and got the response thet got if they hadn't done their homework.