hot hatch

which according to you is the best diesel  

1. 1. which according to you is the best diesel

• vista
    • swift
    • getz
    • fabia
    • palio

It has to be the swift without any doubt! A hatch is mostly self driven so rear space is not of immense importance! Swift is the most practical, affordable feature loaded hatch of the above list. A lot of reviews say that the vista is good too, but some how it doesnt look as exciting as the swift.

Vista has yet to prove itself,

Getz is almost dead,

Fabia is hugely overpriced,

Palio is too old & fast approaching extinction,

This leaves us with only Swift, which easily is the winner for now,

For near future eyes are set on i20 & Punto, Punto if priced rightly & Fiat delivering goods, has the potential to top the segment.

If there is a 'hot hatch' it's the Getz <diesel>, and Palio 1.6 sport; like it or not. Fabia with its present set of engines doesn't qualify for 'hot hatch'; more like 'insipid, overpriced, hatch': as 'hot' as dahi in the fridge.Durango Dude2008-09-27 12:53:30

vista is the best diesel hatch in the market as it comes with the same brilliant engine from fiat that has proved itself in swift. but what makes it better than its main rival-swift is the extremely roomy cabin, beatiful interiors, comfort, and features like seat and stearing height adjust, double din music player, rear wiper that automatically starts when the front wipers are running and the reverse gear is engaged, and lumbar support along with a very tempting price.

tata has already proved itself by constantly improving the quality of their cars and with vista, they have moved the game further.

MY VOTE GOES TO VISTA

Its VISTA for me since it has all that a hatch can have, and at that price it is a steal!!

@speed: I think Tatas dont have to prove themselves anymore they are above it in India! They have a sure winner in VISTA!!

@Sharash, yes Tata's do have a winner in Vista, but Vista has to prove itself like any other product from Tatas in terms of reliability & glitches & minor niggles.

To date whatever product Tata has launched has had some or the other issues initially & Tata takes time to sort out problems.

Ideally 2-4 months time from launch ensure minor problems are sorted out. So, if I were to buy a car right now, I would opt for proven Swift or else if Im hell bent to go in for Vista, I would like to wait for atleast 6 months for Tata to  make Vista free of any issues it has.

i will give my vote to vista... be it design, interiors, space, features and most important price its better than all... ya i do agree that tatas dont have the good service outlets but looking at the package i prefer vista over others

maruti swift is a true winner in allaspect..!

to be very frank...a hatch is preffered by the majority of self driven people.few of hatch owner can only afford the driever.

since maruti is a trustable brand my vote goes with the SWIFT...Since tata indica vista just have the same engine and very other parts are still of tata's...so one always have the confusion on spending about 5 lacks on the hatch names under tata brand.

if we talk about the rear seat comfort then every one out here have to agree with me ...that if swift rear seat is not so comfortable like the vista's but its not too bad to accompany three adult and a kid at the swift rear...!

tata vista have a new design but still the basic model is the same to the older model....whereas swift is an ee-catching car even its so common on the roads these dayz..!

Millage is always the important to most of the hatch buyers...swift surely offers more millage than the vista....bocz vista is bit havior than the swift..!

......SWIFT SIMPLY ROCKS...!

i kno it BS

the problem is that if there is only one time voting nobody will be interested..in the poll ...

i think there is no porb. in multiple voting...

we forum buddy kno abt vehicles very well ...so wats the prob...

i can only relate the word "hot" to the swift now. the indica vista looks cold from all angles except the front. the getz is too plain.

a swift on a cool set of alloys can still turn heads.