shodhan

Indica Vista

Yes, I was anticipating to see hordes of Vista's on road by now, but I think its production issues only.

Oh BS, very right, Sumo Grande bunked bigtime, Ive seen very few nos. of Sumo since its launch.

Me neither. Have seen more grandes at dealerships (as TD vehicles) than on road. Not sure why did that happen. That too got decent reviews although not as rave as indica. As of now, same is the case with Vista, all I see is the TD vehicle. :(

well in Ahmedabad dealers says a waiting period of 30-45 days. have seen only two vista's on road till now one silver and one red.. may be prodution not in that motion..

Tata is just creating an image that there is a huge demand for Vista. As you said, i have not seen it in coimbatore but a couple of cars in chennai. Tata is a volume manufacturer and there cannot be a problem in production.

The new Vista has been a HOT topic among all the auto enthusiasts since the time of its launch. We all love this car. But if you ask from a common man who is gonna buy a car, then he might not have even considered a Vista. This is due to less promotions of such a wonderful product. I personally find the ad very dull and is not capable of motivating one to even take a test drive of vista, forget about buying it. A more appealing ad would have created more eagerness among the prospective buyers.

On the contrary, Hyundai I10 got lots of promotion due to several COTY awards as well as Super star Shahrukh Khan driving it. TATA needs to make a better promotion strategy for its product to generate the sales.

well promotion can be better but though i would not blame Tata for that but they should not have used name indica as buyer considering swift and other cars might not even look to vista as its INDICA vista and moreover though it looks good but looks like indica only and normal people would fail to notice..so if not changes in complete looks but name change would have done good to TATA..

MS used the name Zen Estilo for its new model because the earlier Zen had a very good repo and the customers wanted to get associated with the brand. But that's not the case with Indica as it is not considered as a premium brand. But if TATA gives more emphasis on highlighting the features and engine of the Vista then it may be able to get the required attention.

yup vista is targeted to niche customers and thus indica name becomes a hurdle...well d interiors shown in ad(newspaper,TV) are good attract as it looks uppermarket but tata cant tell much about engine as people knows that every company praises their products and so TATA...TATA even praises the tdi and dicor ....so that would not help..they already say that QUADRAlet is highly acclaimed world class engine but how would people know that its really is coz tata cant say that this is the same engine infact its upgraded one which is used in swift..

The new Vista has been a HOT topic among all the auto enthusiasts since the time of its launch. We all love this car. But if you ask from a common man who is gonna buy a car' date=' then he might not have even considered a Vista. This is due to less promotions of such a wonderful product. I personally find the ad very dull and is not capable of motivating one to even take a test drive of vista, forget about buying it. A more appealing ad would have created more eagerness among the prospective buyers.
On the contrary, Hyundai I10 got lots of promotion due to several COTY awards as well as Super star Shahrukh Khan driving it. TATA needs to make a better promotion strategy for its product to generate the sales.[/quote']

I definately agree with you dude. Making a good car is one thing, Making people buy it is another!!

Tata has always missed a trick when it comes to advertisements. It never hires filmstars, Cricketrs or Babes for their Ads, The last good looking ad was the one for Indica Turbo!

If anyone from TATA is looking @ this, please please put in a oomph factor to the ads!! dont make the exciting car like VISTA be so dull!!!

Well the best ad which came out as results in high sales was of Indica Xeta...

After that ad tata actually made a good market for themselves in petrol segment while before that only few bought their petrol...

Xeta got huge response and credit goes to the Ad...

The Indica Vista was unveiled at the 9th Auto Expo in New Delhi. The indica Vista is not a facelift of the Indica. It is built on a

completely new platform and shares nothing with the existing Indica. This new

version is bigger than the previous Indica, it is 3,795 mm (149.4 in)

long with a wheelbase of 2,470 mm (97.2 in). The Indica Vista has two

new engines, a 1.3 L Quadra Jet common rail direct injection diesel and a 1.2 L

Safire MPFI VVT petrol engine. It is also available with the 1.4L TDi(Turbo

Diesel). The Quadra Jet (Fiat JTD) is produced in Ranjangaon by the Tata-Fiat

joint venture. The Indica Vista, known as the Indica V3, was launched in August

LA

Flowers

low rate loans

penedes

ringback tones

well joseph all members here knows all this details as its launched from month or so...

anyways guys 2day i saw 2 vista aura quadrajet and was happy to see coz it was looking really good from rear, and everytime for me its stress to drive behind indica diesel coz its pickup is too low that once at bump it stops then u get frustrated but this time its pickup was too good that after bump it ran like anything and i was finding it difficult to overtake it while i was on my bike..i saw both indicas together and there is too much difference in rear looks and older one was finding it difficult to overtake vista...and for the first time i saw a person driving indica diesel so calmly, comfortably and in relaxed position ...this car is really good and it should be reliable so that it gets huge response and tatas image gets changed... bluesapphire2008-10-11 08:21:47

Thats some good news finally. Some Vistas on the road. Although the waiting period still remains to be 4 weeks.

I would not completely agree with the stars in the ad. Still remember the you gotta be dumb thing. The initial print ads for the indica (way back in 1998) were pretty cool with the taglines fear of small cars has come true. Also the ads with V2 were nice.

Although, indica name could have actually not been used. I guess the old indica has not been phased out and would somewhere overlap with the vista. So rather than sounding like competing products from the same company, indica has been carried forward. Not sure whether that logic is correct though. (Indigo comes in 14 variants including XL and CS)

i think Tatas have emotional attachment with Indica name as this is the only car with which they got to stand in market with whatever the product is...Coz i have heard that many here says that sales is important thing for company and products acceptance especially when i comment about maruti so same goes to tata...Indica and Indigo are still in Top10 sales charts

do we have any members who have test driven this new vista till date and share his thought and experience abt it and also if can say how does it perform along with swift with both having same engines.. want to hear some experience abt it.

do we have any members who have test driven this new vista till date and share his thought and experience abt it and also if can say how does it perform along with swift with both having same engines.. want to hear some experience abt it.

I have test driven the Indica Vista Quadrajet car and its awesome to drive, great city car by Tata and when i compare it with the Swift's D version, its far far ahead in the space, handling, city driving, noise levels and the equipments you get along with the car!!!

Even 'What Car?' magzine rates the car marginally higher than the Swift D @ that price!!!

sharash buddy..are u joking...

indica vista got  good handling..!!!

buddy it has softer suspension setup & has got good ride

i has hefty body roll & is a poor handler.

coming to noise levels .indica is poor in build quality & i believe swift D has better NVH levels than both vista & palio..

equipment levels..no optional ABS for the top end varient

well indica vista has got normal/decent handling though not like swift but its not poor..And i dont know about long term reliability but i felt that both's build quality are almost same ...

Thacker vijay, here is test drive report by FRG and in this on 4th page i have written my experience..