shodhan

Indica Vista

sharash buddy..are u joking...
indica vista got  good handling..!!!
buddy it has softer suspension setup & has got good ride
i has hefty body roll & is a poor handler.
coming to noise levels .indica is poor in build quality & i believe swift D has better NVH levels than both vista & palio..
equipment levels..no optional ABS for the top end varient

YamahaR15.. You should start reading books related to cars!! and if you have read the thread for test drive of Vista you will know what car am i talking about!

I agree no ABS even on top end variant, But Swift does not have rear viper, music system, rear defogger, etc, etc on its top end Diesel model!! Dude wake up!!

sharash buddy..are u joking...

indica vista got  good handling..!!!

buddy it has softer suspension setup & has got good ride

i has hefty body roll & is a poor handler.

coming to noise levels .indica is poor in build quality & i believe swift D has better NVH levels than both vista & palio..

equipment levels..no optional ABS for the top end varient

YamahaR15.. You should start reading books related to cars!! and if you have read the thread for test drive of Vista you will know what car am i talking about!

I agree no ABS even on top end variant' date=' But Swift does not have rear viper, music system, rear defogger, etc, etc on its top end Diesel model!! Dude wake up!!
[/quote']

buddy i am reading a lot of books about cars & bikes

u just go through any mag. u will see the difference

i think u have only seen the thread for test drive in this forums...

buddy go out & listen to what experts are saying about vista...

i have made the commends on vista as per the experts opinion

which says quality wise vista is a league behind other cars...

the only department in which vista beats swift is the interior space and ride of the car...the mag also says that vista's interior plastics feel cheap in comparo with competition and vista cant beat swift hands down....swift,palio,getz,fabia are leagues ahead of vista !!!

if Swift is leagues ahead of Vista than other cars you mentioned are leagues ahead of Swift

so someone has finally come to the conclusion that vista is leagues behind the rest..keep it up cause at some point of time you have got to accept the truth smiley32.gif  !!!

And still i didnt found any difference in build quality of Vista when compared to swift..May be interiors may be behind of swift and are not cramped as Swift...Only thing i noticed that were not upto mark were power windows switches..

The only thing i dont like about tata is their Dealerships and nothing else..Though i would never go for Tata Indica(older one) but at the same time i would never go for WagonR too which competes with Indica..

basically i never buy a Indian company car but as in the budget of cars with MJD engine, only Swift,palio and Vista comes, i would take Vista anyday..

Vista though is a good car, but as other Tata products, has to prove itself on quality front. Its a common thing with Tata that which ever new cars they introduce, suffer from initial glitches, which get sorted in due time.

So, ideally I would wait ~ 6 months before transferring the crown to Vista.

even if i dont buy a swift,i will still prefer the palio stile over indica vista cause quiet simply i visit the service station only once a year or something and i would like to keep it like that only and not spend my life visiting service stations !!!!

@yamahaR15: even the swift has inconsistant panel gaps and the build quality is also poor. The door handles of swift feel flimsy and the car rattles like hell. The bottomline is that- either spend huge money and get yourself a Honda/Toyota/Skoda to get every thing (almost) up to mark. But you can't expect the same quality on a car that is much more cheaper than these. You gotta give-up something to have some. Either money or quality.

And regarding Palio, I dont even think it is worthy to be considered for buying.

Exactly, only thing is Getz when launched was bit pricey and not for Enthu's and our market was not mature enough to welcome premium hatch otherwise it would have done well, forget Honda and all check out Getz quality is upto the mark of Hondas...Seriously i was not able to make out any difference between the Quality of swift and Vista..ya one thing that we have to wait to check Vistas long term reliability, thats it..you still cant say that Swifts leagues ahead than Vista ..

And after seeing quality of Getz/Uva, even i can say that in car which costs almost 5l (swift), i expect some quality and Space to qualify it as premium hatch as you said regarding Vista..
bluesapphire2008-10-17 10:49:10

dont say that swift has inconsistant

it has less quality in terms of plastics than getz or fabia.

but swift has much better quality than vista

in OD it was clearly mentioned about the bad quality plastics in vista

I also read the issue and have even seen the pics of insonsistant gaps. But I would only ask you to take a close look at the panel gaps of Swift and you will get the answer. Hyundai cars, on the contrary, have pretty close and consistent panel gaps even on santro.

I trust ACI and OD as I read both regularly but you can not blindly trust anyone. See ACI says Indica is good while OD says its still not worth it. ACI says that Civic is better while OD says Altis is better. Its up to you what you want from your car actually. I think that Vista and Altis are better than their competitors.

well hsb i would like to say that altis is indeed better than its competitors but vista still isnt..even a palio stile appeals to me more than the vista..but people are under rating palio cause they dont know the fact that it has got the best ride amongst the hatchs !!!

All those who claim that Vista is good, have to wait for sometime to know about that car, as it is too early to tell. It is a Tata and it'll definitely have problem in many aspects. OD says that its test car had a busted front power window, the parcel tray and glove box started to rattle towards the end of the test and the steering judder of old indica still persists. This shows that Vista still has Tata's genes.

Well palio is good but interiors are not extremely bad and Tata guys are not interested in selling only..

Yes tata guys are not interested in selling Fiat. Fiat should set its own dealership network.

Yup being owner of Fiat Palio for last 4 years , i simple loved the car . Even with dull n grey interiors , i love it to its core. Add up alloys to the car n its a head turner for sure. Looks gr8 , excellent drive . My last trip around 10 days back to Shimla in Palio was simply great . Though its a bit heavy on spares thuogh serive costs r not very high . My Palio is clocking 1 lakh 14 thousand kilometeres and i will keep it as there is no resale value of car n selling palio for 2 lakh is not a gud thing .