shodhan

Indica Vista

Yup being owner of Fiat Palio for last 4 years ' date=' i simple loved the car . Even with dull n grey interiors , i love it to its core. Add up alloys to the car n its a head turner for sure. Looks gr8 , excellent drive . My last trip around 10 days back to Shimla in Palio was simply great . Though its a bit heavy on spares thuogh serive costs r not very high . My Palio is clocking 1 lakh 14 thousand kilometeres and i will keep it as there is no resale value of car n selling palio for 2 lakh is not a gud thing .
[/quote']

Do you really think Palio will fetch you Rs.2 lakhs after 114000 kms on the clock?  If so you must sell...it's a fantastic price.

Yup being owner of Fiat Palio for last 4 years ' date=' i simple loved the car . Even with dull n grey interiors , i love it to its core. Add up alloys to the car n its a head turner for sure. Looks gr8 , excellent drive . My last trip around 10 days back to Shimla in Palio was simply great . Though its a bit heavy on spares thuogh serive costs r not very high . My Palio is clocking 1 lakh 14 thousand kilometeres and i will keep it as there is no resale value of car n selling palio for 2 lakh is not a gud thing .

[/quote']

Do you really think Palio will fetch you Rs.2 lakhs after 114000 kms on the clock?  If so you must sell...it's a fantastic price.

Yea condition is very gud . Proper company serviced. One was ready to buy for 1.75 but dad doesn't want 2 sell it off as we don't really like swifts .And it the only car we can buy after that. 2lakh is a bit too much i know .

well hsb i would like to say that altis is indeed better than its competitors but vista still isnt..even a palio stile appeals to me more than the vista..but people are under rating palio cause they dont know the fact that it has got the best ride amongst the hatchs !!!

I believe that no car is perfect and you gotta compromise on something or the another. To me, Vista is the best amongst its competitors because it offers driver seat height adjust, lunmbar support, double din mp3 player wih USB, rear wiper and washer, good space, ride, wider tubeless tyres and it still costs some 30000 cheaper than the swift VDI which is cheaper than GETZ- which is cheaper than Fabia. Now that means that it offers much more at a very low price and is the best VFM package. Moreover, it is not low on quality or anything except the perforance.

And regarding palio, I dont say that its a bad car. It is a tough buit car and is also a VFM package but just to make thigs clear- I bought an Adreno Fx some 7 years back and It was better than Splendor in performance, handling, looks etc. etc. but after 5 years, I sold it for 6000. It was a tough task selling it. Contrarily, one of my friend sold his dad's 11 years old CD100 for 17000. And thats the reason why I hate Palio.

Ive burnt my fingers with the Palio, it sits like a pile of crap in used car market.

I have always maintained that Palio is a good car, all the problems are from Fiat.

But now that good car image has been overtaken by newer cars, Palio stands nowhere in contention. Had Fiat released a new Palio which they sell in other markets like Brazil, then probably it would have had a fair chance.

With Vista Tata has really upped the ante, I was impressed when I 1st. saw it.

Though my preffered choice would still be the Swift diesel in this category but Vista is not far behind. Its just a matter of time till it proves itself to be reliable enough. Which I believe  would be easy!

@ thackervijay: just wait and watch buddy. i am sure the vista will be also seen in the taxi market. when the qualis was discontinued (it was the hot favourite among tour operators) due to innova's launch, everybody said the innova is too expensive for taxi buyers and tavera sales will rise. but what do we see? innova is flooding the taxi market!

TATAs know how to price their car competitevely, whether its poor bulid quality or plastics or reliabilty. their service is cheaper. the FE is great. so i wont be suprised if i see many vistas with yellow number plate.

raj what ur saying is right but im not saying cause of the price factor it was the company's regional manager who told me that tata have assured that they wont sell this new indica to taxi owners or to one who wants to run tis vehicle as a taxi. SO i said if this actually works out then its a good news.

ohhhhh... if that is the case, then good news for prospective vista buyers....

even toyota launched the innova claiming that they dont want to see their cars as taxis. i found it funny as in dubai, all taxis are camrys and corollas!!! but, i think atleast 30% of innovas sell as taxis!

i hope what the regional manager said turns out to be true but frankly i think its not that easy. ultimately, what TATA wants is sales. thats the reason they make cars! so of the tour operators contribute to a fair share of the victa's sales, i dont think TATA will deny.

In the end, what TATA or any major manufacturer really cares about is raking in the profit..if there is a huge demand for the vista among taxi operators, TATA will not dare to look the other way.if they do, theyll lose out big time..

tata can dicontinue the cheaper range of indica and can sell them to the taxi operators...well i would like to call the people who brought palio petrol  bravehearted cause due to its weight it was low on efficiency...but the current palio mjd makes sense because of its price which is at par with indica vista mjd and between those two i would prefer stile cause i am absolutely love the front end of stile !!!

yes, i remember the indicab. it was a CNG version of the indica with electronic taxi meter, different tail lights and headlights.

oh god!! a vistacab is on the cards???? dont tell me...............

Strangely, I haven't seen many Vista's on the roads, in Chennai. Probably, Tata's customer's like the ol' crude Indica to the vista. But sure it's very refined, atleast from the outside, there was no 'passsing' noise; as the Indica made quiet a racket.

yeah DD with this new MJD in vista u wont know it passing by that its a diesel engine. but the delivery period is not fast yet and atleast 30-45 days is what i've heard... so is even swift diesel so lets c what do ppl opt for but new vista does appeal!!

Talking about deliveries of INDICA VISTA, I have not seen any vehicles on road till date even after its launch 3/4 weeks back. Apart from the demo cars avaibale in showrooms there is no presence of VISTA on road. When is TATA rolling out cars from showroom. Or are the asembly lines now concentrating on NANO preproduction instead of VISTA?

even i have noticed some vistas...and for now atleast it will not be sold to taxi customers as even taxi customers dont buy immediately after launch...but we cant trust these companies who says that they will not sell to taxi market as even Mahindra-renualt said that as we have not launched pure White color in this car because we are not aiming taxi market and we would not like to see as taxis but after sometime the whole B'lore airport is full of Logan Taxis

May be they are disturbed from nano problems..Lolz..

Well it doesnt affect me even if its in Taxi market or not coz if its good product then i can have it...In dubai i was fed up of seeing camry's as Taxi while here few rich owns it but then it doesnt means that we cant own that car..In singapore Merc E class was taxi but it was at some premium than Toyota Crown..Also Superb were as taxis at premium charges..but that werent high..

yes many people have cars which taxi operators too ow and run their business as far as its a good product worth buying definately one would opt for it. But sometimes it distracts one too knowing or ceeing his same car parked like a friend owned toyota qualis and he often had to park his car next to another qualis with taxi reg. and sign or even an ambulance..

Its worth buying a car which is a hit in the taxi market. reason is, a car which can withstand the abuses by the taxi drivers will be with very good build, fuel efficiency and interior space. These are the prime qualities that satisfy the needs of most of the Indian buyers....I'm not talking about the premium taxies. Just the Indicab, Qualis and Logan...

From what i know ome 2000 indicas have been delivered. Not sure why the number is so low although the bookings would be much higher than this number. Dont we have anyone amongst us who has a vista delivered to him to get more info?