rajupatel

Getz CRDi

Getz CRDi now or wait for the upcoming i20

I drive around 80-100 kms everyday. In Mumbai... and the traffic is going from bad to worse. I am a diehard diesel fan.

I tried the Fabia diesel. Noisy engine. Good ride. VERY PRICEY.

Tried Fiat Stile... not my type of seating..

Could not try the Getz diesel. I have heard that it is a rocket waiting to launch. But no ABS!!!!!

Anybody have any idea when if Hyundai launching the i20?? are they coming out with the diesel in the i20 right away? any idea??

Am planning to buy one diesel car wither the Getz of the Fabia in the next 15 days.

any suggestions

smiley1.gifHello rajupatel!!!Welcome to this forum!!....Getz is really a nice car....n as u said that Skoda Fabia is really a pricey car!....i guess Hyundai will launch i20 in end of this year or start of 09.....its really a worth waiting option!!...otherwise i will suggest u the Getz!! smiley17.gifvibhor2008-09-30 08:30:10

welcome rajupatel!.....waiting for i20 launch is a good idea!..or why dont u try the Swift Diesel or newly launched Indica??..but they are segment downsmiley1.gif

...u can hav more info from other threads on i20 in this forum!
vibhor2008-09-30 08:48:35

thanks, but swift is out of the question as rattle is what i hate.

not that the getz will not rattle,, but it seems better screwed together. at least that is what the users say. and that it is a great power plant.. pity that it does not have the ABS!!!!!! Can you fit ABS as an after market fitment??

welcome rajupatel.smiley1.gif

as you dont like swift, indica vista would be abeeter option for you (1.3 qudrajet) or Getz crdi is ultimate. i think you have made your mind for getz then go ahed its really nice car as you want to buy it in 15 days.

Raju- i20 is coming in Nov. But the big question is will the CRDI be launched immediately along with 1.2 Kappa and 1.4,1.6 Sigma Petrol models. There were some rumours that i20 CRDI will be launched later. But still lets treat it as a rumour. Getz CRDI is  a pocket rocket. If i20 CRDI is delayed then you can buy the Getz CRDI!!

PS : Dont go for a Vista since you got a budget above that . And yeah i20 CRDI will be pricier than Getz CRDI.

welcome to the forum RAJUPATEL. Getz CRDI has the most powerful engine in its class and is a very fine car with good build quality, engine, performance, and interior space. if budget is not an issue the go ahead and get your GETZ. VISTA is another great car but is somehow a segment below GETZ.

Avoid Getz, it might get axed with the launch of i20.

Lack of ABS in Getz is a startling omission, its a fast car & tyres are also punny.

If you are in a hurry, Fabia diesel would entice you.

Otherwise waiting for a month or so could see you driving in a spanking new i20.

Hi, Raju Patel, Best option is to wait and wait. Getz CRDi, good car but very much over-priced for it's package.. Definitely discontinued once I-20 is in the market. So the re-sale value will be very poor down the line after 4-5 years. Even today Getz re-sale is very low. I-20 will be here in Dec. Diesel will not be available immediately. Swift is always out of question.. Vista is a superb car on paper and praised by all auto-experts, for the package it offers and the changes they have made in car. however, considering TATA's history,  real life story might be different. So 3-4 months waiting for user review to come on web-sites. But if you trust TATA's 75000 kms warranty you can opt for Vista.. If you want to take risk ( Getz & Vista ), it's better to go for Vista, the car which is new and going to stay for longer period than Getz. All the best.

Go for the getz cause you never know when i20 gets launched and if it gets launched when will it come with the crdi engine !!! if u can wait for an year buy the i20 or if cant then buy getz crdi and besides hyundai have themselves stated to sell getz alongside i20 and that i20 wil be a bit more dearer than getz !!!!

hey..if u are a rattle hater and worried abt whether the getz will rattle...rest assured...ive had a getz for the last four years..and theres not a squeak to speak of...the Getz crdi is a great car but with an uncertain future..if u can stretch ur budget,go for the fabia..

Yes, Getz Crdi has uncertain future, in most certainty, it will be axed with the inception of i20. I went to Hyundai showroom in my City & inquired about the Getz Crdi, the executive told me that the demand for the car is so low, that they do not have even a single piece with them. This raised suspicion in my mind, that maybe Hyundai has stopped the production of diesel model already! Or even if it is producing, then in very small nos.

Go for swift VDi or Indica vista as these cars are better suited for city use than the Getz. Especially Vista with max torque coming at 1750 to 3000rpm, is ideal for city use. Getz has a great amount of turbo lag as mentioned it is a rocket waiting for a launch, and it launches after 2000 rpm. Also the launch of i20 is nearing.

Hyundai is testing I20 near chennai..I have seen many test cars ... even one with Left hand drive!!!!. They come to a petrol bunk(in Avadi) to fill the tank and i was not able to take pics since i was not having camera at that time.. The company is testing about 15 vehicels  both of petrol and desiel... They are driving about 400Km/day.. so i hope I20 will be a better car than GETZ..

The Hyundai

Getz (also sold as the Hyundai

Click or Hyundai TB) is a super mini car produced by the Hyundai Motor Company, sold in most of the world

but not the US or Canada. It is available in three and five door hatchback body

styles, and with a 4-speed automatic transmission or 5-speed manual

transmission. Hyundai The Getz 1.5 CRDi was  

Thank you all. I have gone ahead and brought the Getz CRDi. I am using it from yesterday. I chose Getz cause it has a good responsive engine, it is DIESEL, good leg space, and good reviews from actual users like thisisviraj and friends too. It drives great for a city like Mumbai. easy to manouver, great air conditioning.

Though it has no air bags and no ABS, EBD etc etc.. I love this car even more.. cause it has more of driver involvement... reminds me of my old days.. when driving involved more on the wheel consciousness than less on wheel and more on stereo and mobile attention happening nowadays.. Besides this is a point to point travelling medium for me when i am not driving...

Great feedback guys.. keep this going...