Front MacPherson coil springs with

stabilizer bar

Suspensions

Rear Multi-link coil springs with

Stabilizer Bar

Front Ventilated Discs Brakes

Rear Drum-in-discs

Tyres Front and rear 215/70R 16 100H

Ya, the most awaited Mitsubishi Outlander has finally landed. People have been waiting for this car from the past few months. Earlier, there were speculations whether the car will launch or not, then one fine day, the company decided to land the car...and today, smile friends...its there.

Outlander is there to give best of two worlds with mind-blowing features and appealing style.

MITSUBISHI OUTLANDER IS AVAILABLE IN FOLLOWING COLORS.........

# RIVER BLUE

#SILVER DEW

#CASCADE WHITE

#SUNRISE YELLOW

#PASTURE GREEN

#MOON BLACK

#TWILIGHT RED

....willl get u all updated!......smiley17.gif
vibhor2008-10-01 12:20:04

the car looks quiet impressive...the front end is gorgeous but alas mitsubishi has put in a petrol engine !!! ok you can provide petrol engine options in suv but diesel engine is what the most important thing in a suv.....this car with a diesel could have eaten seriously into crv's sale...nonetheless the car looks a good package !!!!

Wow, finally much awaited Outlander is here, thanks Deepakds & Vibhor for the update.

This will give CRV some competition. But 5 seater & petrol will lessen appeal.

Also, is 4x4 option available & what's the pricing?

Welcome Speed!!!..today was the most exciting day!!not only for me but every one in this forum!!....first, the outlander is launched!...second,we have got more pics MYSTERIOUS lambo....n now...of new SKDA OCTY!!

Without a diesel engine, it's not set to succeed. The petrol unit is same engine as in the Sonata embera, albeit a little tweaked.It's looks great. Just imagine its mileage will be max 5kmpl in the city and max 9 kmpl on the highway. Man you got tobe a 'sheik' to run the behemoth.

True, absence of a diesel would be a complete non-starter for the Outlander!

I've got an idea for Mitsubishi, dump the old Pajero & put its diesel engine into Outlander if no other low cost option is available!

@speed

The Pajero engine is a decade old. And will not compile with the next emission norms.

Mitsubishi needs to a get an all-new Common Rail Diesel engine for this CRV competitor.

The intro only with petrol may be a strategy to attract buyers towards the Petrol in the long run. If a diesel is launched neither any one will opt for the petrol nor anyone will at least test-drive them.

What say?

Deepak DS

@Deepak, I know present Pajero's engine is old & Mitsubishi might not be able to retune it to newer emission norms, but I just suggested a low cost option for time being. As, you can just see, Montero is the new Pajero with new CRDI engine & priced sooo.. high. Atleast we do not want Mitsubishi to do the same with Outlander!

As DD mentioned Captiva is reigning supreme & CRV is feeling the heat, its because it has a diesel. Now, if CRV could not win against Captiva, its everybodys guess where Outlander is going to stand with a Petrol option.

@Deepak' date=' I know present Pajero's engine is old & Mitsubishi might not be able to retune it to newer emission norms, but I just suggested a low cost option for time being. As, you can just see, Montero is the new Pajero with new CRDI engine & priced sooo.. high. Atleast we do not want Mitsubishi to do the same with Outlander!

As DD mentioned Captiva is reigning supreme & CRV is feeling the heat, its because it has a diesel. Now, if CRV could not win against Captiva, its everybodys guess where Outlander is going to stand with a Petrol option.

[/quote']

a diesel engine is an absolute must for a suv...if they cant put the 2 litre diesel of pajero they can put the 3.2 l common rail diesel which does duty in montero...i have also started seeing captiva on roads now !!! a suv with petrol engine cant average more than 7-8 kmpl in city so diesel is a must for a suv !!!

What!! Montero's engine in Outlander? Price would hit the roof, who would buy the Montero or the Outlander then?

Pajero's engine makes far more sense for the Outlander. Mitsu. is otherwise also going to keep selling Pajero for some more time, even after newer emission norms.

Prices launched or what...today is 3rd..

the car looks good but then petrol will not help and that too its mitsubishi and not Honda who are exceptions...

again if its priced below than CRv then there will be takers..

i dont think it will be able to make a dent in crv's sale cause outlander is a petrol itself as well but again i would like to say a diesel engine would have put it on the top !!! i heard chevy are planning to launch a four wheel drive and automatic version of the captiva !!!!