devdatt

Zen Estilo Vxi or u-va or swift ( 4-5 lacs)

Planning to buy a car this diwali. My budget is 4- 5 lacs. saw the Zen Estilo .. found it ok the Vxi model.... Pls. help me in comparing this with u-va and swift..... would not mind strtching a bit ..if the long term value is worth it

regards

devdatt

Hello devdutt!..i would suggest u the swift!!..or i10 kappa!!..leave the idea of estilo, U-va is a great car but still not i think not good as much as swift!..so decide between the SWIFT or i10!!....smiley17.gif

Swift is good option but right now the Winner in the small car petrol segemnt is the Hyundai i10  1.2 Kappa Engine! go for it man! if you dint like it then Swift or the WagonR or Spark will be a good idea!

Cheers!!

the best option is swift. But if you will be riding within the city only, then go for either i10 or estilo. Estilo may not be very sporty like i10, but still its a good value-for money car, with good interiors. Estilo Vxi is a very good option. Forget the U-Va

Between what you have shortlisted and considering your budget, you may get a Swift Lxi but it wont have features like P.Windows and so and you will have to strech your budget for the Vxi variant. If you can go with Swift Lxi or Vxi, then its the best bet.

However, Aveo Uva has quite good features and a very spacious cabin along with 3 years no maintenace costs scheme by the company. Also, you may get a good cash discount as its a slow moving model which makes it a very lucrative deal. But do remember that it wont fetch you as good resale value as Swift.

Do not go with Estillo as its the most uninspiring car with nothing as good as other two cars except its price and VFM. Chose between Uva and Swift.

Buddies, How you all forget the Vista? Jus forget Estilo...it can not even be considered as a car...Jus close your eyes and get the Swift... UV-A ia good at interiors and space...But no resale value at all.... Also, GM is not in an appriciable position in India..Swift is the best choice available..Go for the Vxi and get the aftermarket Power windows and other stuffs fitted. I'm sure you dont need to stretch you budget a lot..Hey, Wait... A-Star is coming in a month's time...Price will be surely below 5 Lacs with good features...Always, Power window sorta things can be bought outside which will cost much less than the showroom price...

If you can afford and can live up with less rear seat comfort and stiff ride' date=' go for the Swift... [/quote']

ride comfort for swift is not very bad. it is better than i10, but UVA will ride better than swift.

Regarding ride, swift zxi has poor ride quality because of its low profile tyres. But that does not fall in your budget and if you consider Vxi then it has a decent ride quality. The current best car if you love driving and dont mind compromising a bit on rear space and comfort.

Just shortlist your priorities: if you want a spacious, comfortable car with good boot space then go for the uva. You may not be able to burn the roads with its performance but it is decent. And it will be low on maintenace with the Chevrolet's 3 years no maintenance plan. But resale won't be as good as swift's.

And if you love performance, looks, want good mileage, resale and involving drive, then go for Swift. But the cabin looks claustrophobic with small rear windows and all black theme. And the boot is very small.

If you have time in your hands than wait for Maruti Splash as it should be in the same price bracket of Swift. Moreover it's gonna be fresh looking style statement car and should be a good performer.

Else i would suggest Uva, the only reason is that Chevorlet is offering 3 yrs maintenence free package.

Estilo would surely b the last in my list.  

I am also considering the same cars as Devdatt and am glad that i found this thread.

My requirement is city driving (usually lots of it, travelling from Noida home to Gurgaon workplace). a good mileage is therefore a priority.

A spacious rearseat would also be handy, as a ride for 5 (required at times) is a bit uncomfortable in my present zen.

From the posts so far, Swift is the clear favourite, though its rearseat is a bit cramped (UVA scores beeter on that front).

The 3 year free maintainence offer from GM sounds good. However, how is the quality and cost of servicing going to compare with the exceptionally good, relatively cheap and easily available Maruti servicing.

Here's my position. I actually like the UVA looks, its space, and the 3 yr scheme. Am not sure of its performance, mileage and GM's servicing record.

An help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Dokdindel